Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Armstrong on Facebook
  • BoardinBob

Continually getting frothed into a rage on the internet about a cheat from over a decade ago who they’ve never met doesn’t say much about a person either

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Hardly getting frothed – more an observation.

I just question those who think that LA should be forgiven really don’t know & understand the scale of his deception.

A deception so big that the US Gov want nearly $100m off him for fraud..

Not to mention the lives he wrecked along the way to said fortune.

A despicable low life who deserves all he gets – his fans are no better.

the-muffin-man

A deception so big that the US Gov want nearly $100m off him for fraud..

US Postal would have done alright from cycling jersey sales – every man and his dog was wearing one at the time! 😀

tomhoward

US Postal would have done alright from cycling jersey sales – every man and his dog was wearing one at the time!

I’ve got one, but it’s fake. I feel I have the moral high ground

the-muffin-man

I’ve got one, but it’s fake. I feel I have the moral high ground

Nah – you’re responsible for keeping children in workhouses. You’re worse than evil. I bet you kill baby robins too!

Are Trek suing him as well? They made ruddy millions on the back of Lance. No one would have been seen dead on a Trek roadbike before he came along.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I would rather go for a ride with Armstrong than most on here. Only on mtb’s of course, none of these boring racers.

cookeaa

You’re vociferously hateing him via a pseudonym on an internet forum he’s not a member of.

As is my god given right 😀

Ultimately he probably doesnt give two hoots what STW think, and you’re just shortening your own life getting stressed and wasting time hateing someone you’ve never met doing a race on the other side of the plannet.

I agree, he more than likely giveth not a **** for my POV. although I am not particularly ‘stressed’ by it, it’s just nice to have a forum to vociferously state my uninformed opinions…

Perhaps more sad is the fact that disgraced endurance road cyclists looking for some competition beyond the reach of USADA have zeroed in on endurance MTBing… I don’t doubt that he’s “clean” now (all those PEDs cost money which he probably can’t spare) but what sort of message does it send if MTBing is seen to welcome cheats from a slightly different niche?

He should have no home within any form of organised cycling competition, the man is now toxic for the sport… IMO of course.

taxi25
    Free Member

A despicable low life who deserves all he gets – his fans are no better.

I don’t think he’s got any fan’s here, certainly not me. But I very much feel he should be left to get on with his life.
    Mrlebowski go and have a look in the mirror, posting junk like the above is more than a bit silly.

tomhoward

I bet you kill baby robins too!

Hey, a man’s gotta eat…

rOcKeTdOg

For those of you who wish to forgive or/and adulate a cheating, lying nutjob – it doesn’t say a lot about you as a person.,

And yet loads of people here forgive David Millar because he admitted being a cheat

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Mrlebowski go and have a look in the mirror, posting junk like the above is more than a bit silly.

Really?

Why exactly is it junk when it’s true?

Why is it silly?

It’s your attempts to defend him that look daft..

He’s a cheat, a bully & a pathological liar with sociopathic tendencies.

And yet loads of people here forgive David Millar because he admitted being a cheat

Not me..

As is my god given right

+1!

taxi25
    Free Member

Why is it silly?

Because nobody’s defending his past actions, he’s paying for those. Just that some people think he should be left to live his life. If that includes riding a non sanctioned event with some friends, well thats fine as well.
    But the really silly part is you extending your hate to third parties that aren’t quite on the same page as yourself. Thats why I said look at yourself in the mirror and you should.

the-muffin-man

Are the team also being sued as part of this lawsuit? Or is it Lance alone?

Doping on this scale goes from top to bottom, and those claiming “we knew nuffing, govnor”, are as bad as Lance.

cyclelife
    Free Member

It’s worth noting that they have not awarded any of his wins to his competitors as they also cannot prove that they were/are clean.

Legalise the drug taking and let’s see who’s best at it 😉 then we’ll get more spectacles like Floyd Landis climb from Samoens to Morzine – now that was special!!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

One guy even said re. his road career he “beat the Europeans at their own game fair and square”

😆

In case it’s not been done, I’m sure it was the best win and all the other racers were a disaster. Lance is making racing great again.

BoardinBob

Why is anyone surprised by his continuing behaviour?

Does anyone really expect the man that posted this in the aftermath of the truth to ever be contrite or remorseful?

Drug use aside, it’s always been pretty clear as to what kind of person he is. He’s a hyper competitive, narcissistic sociopath. No amount of truth will ever change who he is. Let him get on with it.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Still the best at his game 🙂

scud
    Free Member

I do think that ultra-competitive edge was a psychological need that pushed him to do what he did to a level most could not comprehend and with such blinkers as to what was morally right. Whilst many where cheating then, it is the bullying and lies that went with it all that marked him out as different to the rest.

It shows that despite being banned from most racing, he is still absolutely driven to compete and to win whether it be MTb, triathlon or ski-racing which i understand he has done, it must take some brass neck to ride a bike in front many of your peers despite all that has been said.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Yea he cheated and lied, We are all guilty of that throughout our lives aren’t we??? he also nearly died of cancer! he came back and cheated along side of a peleton full of cheats who didn’t have cancer to deal with. and i recon IF it wasn’t for his supreme drive and iron will then the cancer might have beat him early doors, just my tuppence worth 😉

TimothyD
    Free Member

It’s my understanding that if a cancer is going to kill you, being positive and determined doesn’t make any difference. If something is terminal – then that’s it (sooner or later).

Edit: I see Lance (though I barely think about him to be fair) as being on a different level to other cheaters, because he negatively affected other peoples’ lives in trying to stop the truth from coming out.

David Miller admitting to cheating shows some conscience – imho.

MY 2p’s worth. 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

What’s the betting he gets a full Presidential pardon form Trump?

tpbiker
    Free Member

Some people really need to get a sense of perspective on here. Comparing him to hitler ffs

For those of you who wish to forgive or/and adulate a cheating, lying nutjob – it doesn’t say a lot about you as a person.,

Plenty of people forgive others for far worse than what Lance did. Its genuinely seen as a good trait. I’ve not got anything to forgive the man for, nothing he did affected me in any way. I appreciate those he did wrong by may think differently, but in a world filled by asshats, what Lance did barely registers on the scale

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Tim, it depends – some with more pessimistic outlooks will look at the odds and not opt for aggressive treatment because of the severe loss of quality of life – others have an “odds be damned, throw everything youve got at me” attitude.

Lance strikes me as the latter, although I know little about his battle with cancer.

Whatever people may say about Lance, he’s the kind of bloke I’d want by my side if I was going to be blasted to mars or something – properely psychologically hard. I don’t particually like him, but despite the cheating, there is a part of me that has a bit of begrudging respect for the guy.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

But the really silly part is you extending your hate to third parties that aren’t quite on the same page as yourself.

Extend my hate?

No, I don’t hate those with questionable judgement who try to suggest that someone like LA should be cut some slack..

I just think a whole lot less of them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like the fact that he, and many of his peers and ex team mates, still ride bikes.

In a not so distant past he and those mates gave up riding, but true to thier own spirit came back and actually love riding bikes. Whilst you can’t ignore the doping or organised participation within, you can’t deny he and others seem to enjoy riding.

I for one was pleased to hear him do well on the Leadville, he’s attracted a lot of support for that race. He’s encouraged many of his friends and former team mates, and yes ex dopers, to ride/race it. Leadville is a toughy, no question. Fitness and stamina need to be honed and mental strength paramount. Strikes me all his traits of bully boy narcissistic stoicism are qualities to be admired.

Whether he’s being sued for $m’s isn’t my concern, provided he doesn’t employ those bully boy traits he has whilst riding is all I care about.

Forgive -‘yes, forget – no, let him back riding his bike – absolutely.

Northwind

mrlebowski – Member

No, I don’t hate those with questionable judgement who try to suggest that someone like LA should be cut some slack..

At some point you have to decide exactly how hard he should be hounded. Off a cliff? Til he can’t go to the shops? Where exactly is the line before which he can’t be cut some slack, and you’ll think less of anyone who fails to live up to that standard?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mehhhh, I’ve not forgiven him, I just don’t give a ****. He did what he did, others did what he did, such is life. If he want’s to ride his bike in grassroots endurance events and have fun then I’ve no problem with that.

There aren’t enough hours in the day to devote to actively dispiriting everyone that’s ever done anything wrong.

Forgive –‘yes[b]no[/b], forget – no, let him back riding his bike – absolutely.

Almost +1

tpbiker
    Free Member

Quick poll then…would you be pleased if Lance enterered your local 10 hour event with his riding buddies?

I personally would love it if US Postal road past me half way around glentress 7. Would certainly add to the day.

One other thing I do wonder however…if hes such a massive twunt as everyone suggests, how come hes still hanging around with his old cycle buddies doing events like this? Maybe they’re just as bad, but I’m genuinely intrested.

yossarian
    Free Member

As ever on the internet things are not as easy as black/white or yes/no.

Armstrong survived a very aggressive cancer. He was already a bit of a shit. Yes and perhaps that helped in a weird way. He systematically doped. He built a team around him that systematically doped. He bullied and blackballed anyone who tried to speak out. His reward was 7 yellow jerseys. Is he even more a bit of a shit for doing that? Of course. Was he racing in an era when most of the peloton were involved to a greater or lesser extent? Yes. Was he better at it? Yup. People hate him for pissing on their dream as much as whacking up to win some races.

An interesting question I think is would how would a clean young Armstrong today rate against best at the moment. Assuming they are clean of course….

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That’s quite an assumption…..

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

I don’t really care. If it hadn’t been posted on here I probably wouldn’t have heard about it for ages. To me that sums up how much LA affects me in my life, so hardly worth being bothered about.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

As been said all ready. It’s his personality you have to question. Lemond etc. Imagine if you are the Dad, Husband, Brother, Boyfriend of Emma O’Reilly and his makes those comments and lies about her in public print. Amazing that she has forgiven him! I sadly don’t think I could if I was her Dad etc.

bikebouy
    Free Member

tpbiker – Member
    Quick poll then…would you be pleased if Lance enterered your local 10 hour event with his riding buddies?

To be brutally honest, for that’s what you are after..honesty. Hell Yes, I’d absolutely love to see him ride a CXer over the places I used to frequent day in/day out. South Downs rippin, I’d have no chance of keeping up, leading out anyone of his ex Postal boys, Levi, Hincapie or Lance.. hell I’d blubber just at the sight of them pilling the peddles up some of my trails. If they dope now I doubt it, that means they’re riding for fun and frolics like I do. Damn if I couldn’t wish to have half the latent talent any of them has now.

They’d absolutely ride the shite out of me and I’d still be in awe.

Now, back to a sanctioned ride.. something like a Wiggle sportive of some wobble or other.. nah, forget that. That’s competitive amongst a plethora of abilities and attitudes. They’d become some sort of effigy of ridicule, it’d not be fair on those that want to compete in the event and not on them for the shhhhhyte they’d inevitably receive.

But me riding out with them and a few of my buddies, hell Yes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

An interesting question I think is would how would a clean young Armstrong today rate against best at the moment. Assuming they are clean of course….

He was good, but not great pre-cancer. And it depends who you believe as to whether was doping back then (the alleged Dr’s room conversation)

My opinion is he was probably already on drugs, just maybe not the right ones, which explains his insistence that the turnarround was due to the cancer stripping his less useful muscles built up from swimming if he was taking steroids or something that was growing muscles. Then Fuentes/Ferrari come into the picture and he’s on EPO, transfusions etc.

tjagain

If I was in an event( unlikely) and Armstrong was taking part ( even less likely) I would be making sure he knew 100% what a shit he is considered and he would be left in no doubt at all. Probably with a t shirt say ~” Armstrong is a lying cheating shit” or something similar and following him around / getting in all his photos

there is a route to redemption after doping Millar took it. Armstrong has not

tjagain

He probably got the cancer because of the drugs he was taking. Of course he was doping before that.

DickBarton

I might be in a minority…I don’t have any time for Armstrong, but I also don’t have any time for Millar – he cheated – makes no odds that he admitted it (after he was caught). I have the same thought for any cheat.

A cheat is a cheat – doesn’t matter if everyone else was doing it – cheating is cheating.

Fortunately for me – and them – we each don’t spend time following the other, so it has absolutely no impact on me or them.

It is interesting to see how much anger/love/passion each person has for their own views on this…fascinating in fact. For something to have been ‘known’ for so long and then finally come out and acknowledged and then see the fallout develop and the reaction from the cyclists.

taxi25
    Free Member

He probably got the cancer because of the drugs he was taking.

Another sad hater who should take a look in the mirror 🙁 some of the posts you make are intelligent and well thought out, but this isn’t.

tjagain

taxi – its a theory that many folk have think is right. the drugs he was known to have taken raise your chance of testicular cancer – should have said “might” rather than “probably” tho and you are right – I despise the man

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Armstrong on Facebook’ is closed to new replies.