Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)
  • Armstrong demonstrates humility with latest tweet
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

I might get myself some yellow jerseys to stick on my wall. Seeing as I’ve won as many TdFs are Lance has.

piemonster

I think we need a new thread on ‘the validity of plea bargains and witness testimony’

Seems to polarize opinions with some folk

cupra
    Free Member

I saw two tweets, the first with the jerseys the second with them removed and photos in their place, or did i dream that?

martinhutch

That would acknowledge some doubt over the validity of his wins, so yes, you clearly dreamt it.

Harry_the_Spider

I thought it was funny. He’s trolling!

Also, so what? It is in the past and they were all at it.

Draw a line under it and move on.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    The best ones were.

POSTED 52 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think that picture is quite funny actually, I love how it’s winding people up, put it that way!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Kingisdead 😆

njee20
    Free Member

I think that picture is quite funny actually, I love how it’s winding people up, put it that way!

+1 it’s good form!

davidjones15
    Free Member

All just a hoax.
    The original can be seen here.
    http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7aomJoCcAEmS6H.jpg

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Well he may no longer be a champion cyclist but he is certainly king of the trolls!

Tbh he probably views them as wins as all his nearest competitors were doping (noting above chicken/egg point) as well and he still had to physically complete the race – he won but by the rules of the peloton at the time rather than the sport

piemonster

Eggs btw

headfirst
    Free Member

No, deffo the chicken

CaptJon
    Free Member

piemonster – Member
    Eggs btw

+1

If you subscribe to certain theories of of evolution something that was a chicken minus some genes laid an egg which had a proper chicken in it.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

the egg by many millions of years
    Lance: tool

footflaps

I think he’s basically saying F*** You to the UCI….

paulosoxo
    Free Member

If you subscribe to certain theories of of evolution something that was a chicken minus some genes laid an egg which had a proper chicken in it.

A frogs leg?

RustySpanner

So let me get this straight:

Arse Lanceprong has been caught giving drugs to chickens?

We need answers!

Who’s chickens?
    What drugs?
    What have the Wombles got to do with ANYTHING?
    Has this anything to do with the fact that Brandy Miggins uses egg shaped rings?

He could get into trouble about this you know – look what happened to Edwina Currie.

aracer
    Free Member

Well he may no longer be a champion cyclist but he is certainly king of the trolls!

Yeah, but how do we know there isn’t somebody clean who’s naturally better at trolling?

radoggair
    Free Member

So if there are lots of bikes stolen and you catch the guy that stole the most expensive one you let him keep it, Chambo?

Actually, since everything is actally hearsay just now and no courts have been involved, the USADA have just decided he’s guilty and banned him the analogy should be

So if there are lots of bikes stolen and someone REALLY thinks the guy that stole the most expensive one and some other bike thieves said he did it, then you’d let him keep it without having any physical evidence which would mean taking him to courts and easily proving this and at the same time as well as taking the bike of him, sends him to jail.

. Although everything is highly probable i still have seen no arrest for fraud, no court appearance.

aracer
    Free Member

<sigh> do we really have to do all this again, radoggair? What you describe as “hearsay” is exactly the same standard of evidence as used everyday to lock people up in prison (and doubtless in the US to execute them). Shall we try the analogy again?

There are lots of bikes stolen. Various lesser thieves provide direct eyewitness testimony against the ringleader. Some people who’ve never stolen a bike, or been involved in the commissioning of bike theft also provide direct eyewitness testimony against him, along with testimony concerning his admissions to them. There is documentary evidence relating to the passing on of stolen bicycles along with evidence of direct and longstanding contact between the alleged ringleader and somebody well known as a fence of stolen bikes. There is also forensic evidence linking the ringleader with the stolen bikes – although sadly despite nobody being in any doubt about the validity of this evidence, because it wasn’t originally gathered for this investigation it can’t be used. There was even fingerprint evidence linking the ringleader with the stolen bikes, however the cops involved got paid off to hush that up. When faced with this mountain of evidence, the ringleader fails to mount a defence and does a runner, hence gets found guilty in his absence.

He is currently living in exile in South America, surrounded by his ill gotten gains.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

do we really have to do all this again, radoggair? What you describe as “hearsay” is exactly the same standard of evidence as used everyday to lock people up in prison (and doubtless in the US to execute them). Shall we try the analogy again?

You know why no courts were involved don’t you? Cos Lance refused to go to court to defend himself.
    Why would you not defend yourself if you were so *obviously* innocent?

FuzzyWuzzy

As much as I detest Armstrong, that is hilarious

piemonster

On side note;

There are approx 80,000 case commenced in the US legal system each year based primarily on witness testimony.

This is not to say it is not a flawed system, but the analysis indicates the primary flaw to be identifying the wrong suspect.

I did some “research” I did, well… I typed some stuff into google

http://www.law.yale.edu/news/2727.htm

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think he’s basically saying F*** You to the UCI….

Eeeeeeeexactly. And to everyone else.

He must have big gonads to do that.

Err, no….. Hang on……
    😉

piemonster

Maybe the remaining, er, egg is compensating… must be huge

Shibboleth
    Free Member

A comment on the twitter thread:

My sister and mother both are cancer survivors. My sister carried your book with her to every appointment. They both drew strength and courage from your words. Thank you for all you have done to bring awareness to cancer.

Nuff said.

franksinatra

A comment on the twitter thread:

My sister and mother both are cancer survivors. My sister carried your book with her to every appointment. They both drew strength and courage from your words. Thank you for all you have done to bring awareness to cancer.
    Nuff said.

You seem to have posted in the wrong thread. This one isn’t about cancer. It is about cheating to win titles and money, about bullying people into silence and about refusing to admit any wrong doing. It is about not helping the sport reform. It is about suing people who tried to expose you, it is about threatening the people who spoke out. It is about lying to millions of fans and highly paid sponsors. It is then about having the ball to brag about it by posting a picture of 7 yellow jerseys.

The cancer thing is a sideline and distracting.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Actually, since everything is actally hearsay just now and no courts have been involved, the USADA have just decided he’s guilty and banned him the analogy should be

Hearsay is me repeating what those who witnessed it have said to me

It is not hearsay they actually witnessed him cheat and do these things
    I have no idea why you think witness this is not sufficient to prosecute nor why litigous crazy LA would suddenly stop fighting- seriously any answer?Seems clear that even he knows it was so overwhelming he had no chance of maintaing his lie.
    Whatever your view it is not hearsay.

Duggan

Lol at people still thinking he’s not guilty

Shibboleth
    Free Member

“LOL” at people stupid enough to think this is *just* a matter of *just* Lance Armstrong taking performance enhancing drugs. 🙄

nealglover
    Free Member

….Thank you for all you have done to bring awareness to cancer.

Thank god for Lance Armstrong.

Personally I’d never heard of Cancer before he “raised my awareness” of it 🙄

radoggair
    Free Member

There are lots of bikes stolen. Various lesser thieves provide direct eyewitness testimony against the ringleader. Some people who’ve never stolen a bike, or been involved in the commissioning of bike theft also provide direct eyewitness testimony against him, along with testimony concerning his admissions to them. There is documentary evidence relating to the passing on of stolen bicycles along with evidence of direct and longstanding contact between the alleged ringleader and somebody well known as a fence of stolen bikes. There is also forensic evidence linking the ringleader with the stolen bikes – although sadly despite nobody being in any doubt about the validity of this evidence, because it wasn’t originally gathered for this investigation it can’t be used. There was even fingerprint evidence linking the ringleader with the stolen bikes, however the cops involved got paid off to hush that up. When faced with this mountain of evidence, the ringleader fails to mount a defence and does a runner, hence gets found guilty in his absence.

So let me get this right…… fingerprint evidence that they have cant be used
    forensic evidence cant be used either

o.k.

So, we’re left with other peoples testimony, people who are known to have a hatred towards him but really apart from ‘he did it’ , they have no real evidence, but all of a sudden loads of people come out all at once to say it was Lance, he was the doping general.( this is not to say people have came out before this). So, in a court if i was to ask them individually did he do it, they would say yes, but if i was to ask for evidence they would have none but there word.

Whoa…. sounds guilty to me. Maybe we should trial everyone like that

And on hearing for the millionth time that someone has a case against him, he decides not again and decides to not challenge it

MSP

people who are known to have a hatred towards him

Hincapie testified against him yet still seems to adore him, certainly can’t be tarred with the hater brush that the Lance love in likes to use.

radoggair
    Free Member

theres no doubt a few in the thousands that have ‘seen’ this that still like him

rkk01
    Free Member

Maybe we should trial everyone like that

Err – we do???

FWIW, I strongly suspect that the USADA actions will be followed up with criminal investigations / charges, the civil litigation is already in the pipeline (SCA)

I was reading a piece a few weeks ago about USPS and federal funding – a little along the lines of the dropped FBI investigation. Apparently in the US anyone can make a complaint of misappropriation of federal funds, and the State is obliged to investigate. Furthermore, the complainant gets to share in a “bounty” based on a % of the misappropriated funds – which is many, many $ millions….

… then there is the whole perjury element. By being quiet, LA has not yet contradicted himself in court. BUT, he is still likely to be called in the Bruyneel hearing, where he risks perjuring himself, and he is still open to other “invites” to provide evidence under oath.

I’m struggling to see how he can even avoid a stretch in prison…

radoggair
    Free Member

Thank god for Lance Armstrong.

Personally I’d never heard of Cancer before he “raised my awareness” of it

well i’m glad that like Lance you got out and helped raised $470 million like he did. What colour is your wristband again??

radoggair
    Free Member

Err – we do???

and how many times do we get it wrong?

rkk01
    Free Member

Question – genuine one…

Does anyone believe that Livestrong can / does do any good in a “civilised country”?

Surely, every pound raised for Livestrong in the UK is to the detriment of our domestic cancer charities…?

(who really do have a major contribution to research and patient care)

nealglover
    Free Member

What colour is your wristband again??

I don’t have a wristband, but I support Cancer Research UK by DD every month.

What’s your point ?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Armstrong demonstrates humility with latest tweet’ is closed to new replies.