Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Arm doing a lot of twitching
  • samuri
    Free Member

In true STW style then, I will seek medical advice here. Since I woke up at the standard 3 am this morning and failed to sleep after that, my right shoulder has been twitching constantly. It’s not just a bit of pulsing, the muscles are visibly jittering about from the base of my traps down to the start of my biceps. They stop and start but they’ve been doing it all day.

I’ve known it was going on and since it’s not painful I just ignored it but my wife saw it going on and then her and her friend spent ten minutes staring at my arm.

Any idea what it is? Trapped nerve? Anything that can be done to fix it or will it just go away. We went bowling tonight and it actually affected me (I got a 120 which is really low for me). Didn;t seem to affect my comute though.

ta.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You wake up at 3am normally?

I don’t know about twitches, I get wee ones now and again but nothing that lasted all day. My eyes twitch when I am tired tho.

mrsflash
    Free Member

I expect it needs amputating.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

My eyes twitch when I am tired tho.

Mine too 😯 …I managed to catch it in the mirror once and swore never to watch myself twitching again (I’ll be ignoring the obvious jokes).

petrieboy

yup, amputation. it’s the only way you’ll be sure.

samuri
    Free Member

Thanks.

Yes, I normally wake up at 3am. The delights of insomnia are legion.

crikey
    Free Member

Lie on the affected arm.

Then when you wake up, if it’s not twitching, you can try self abuse and see if it feels like someone else…

Spongebob
    Free Member

Tiredness/fatigue perhaps.

These sound like involuntary spasms. I have a friend who gets these as well as full blown cramps. She reckons it’s a salt deficiency. Who knows.

I’d go see a GP – someone who knows what to look for and who knows what they are talking about!

Hope it goes away!

shoefiti
    Free Member

I suspect it’s Lupus.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d be getting therapy for the insomnia

nickc

I put it down to just tiredness, my hand does it occasionally. “Air Piano” my missus calls it

shoefiti
    Free Member

My wife certainly doesn’t call it that!

scaredypants

sounds like fasciculation – ded common, almost always of no concern. VERY occasionally a symptom of something actually wrong.

Pigface
    Free Member

Curses I expected bird watching content.

samuri
    Free Member

I’d be getting therapy for the insomnia

Already tried *everything*. Just one of those things.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Arm doing a lot of twitching’ is closed to new replies.