Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Arkose 3? Arkose 4? Or something else..
  • Bregante

It’s bike to work time and I was pretty much set on an Arkose 3 at £1150. The e-voucher has just arrived and before I take the plunge I’ve noticed that the Arkose 4 is now reduced to £1300 (the 3 hasn’t been reduced yet and I don’t want to miss out for the sake of £100 or so).
    The bike will be used for a bridleway and towpath commute but will also be used as a winter road bike.

My question is are the upgraded brakes and wheels on the 4 worth the extra 150? Colour isn’t an issue. According to the Evans’s website there’s a Kg in difference between the two models – is that right?

Arkose 3
    https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-arkose-3-2017-adventure-road-bike-EV275624

Arkose 4
    https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-arkose-4-2017-adventure-road-bike-EV275625

I’ve also seen the new Whyte Glencoe (I’m not restricted to Evans but I would need to get the voucher re-issued) which appeals but I could always get some 650b “roadplus” wheels for the Pinnacle – in which case I’d probably want to stick with the 3 to keep overall costs down .

Thoughts?

fifeandy
    Free Member

The 4 also gets decent casing on the tyres which will no doubt play a role in the weight loss

duff
    Free Member

The 685 shifters on the 4 would swing it for me, so much nicer than the 505. Great bikes, I have last years Arkose 4 in red.

Bregante

Tyres aren’t such an issue as I’m likely to fit some Gravelkings anyway.

Is the issue with the 505 shifters just down to the shape?

vintagewino
    Free Member

I have the 505s on my road bike and I was a bit worried about the weird bump some have complained about, but they have been completely fine in actual use. The fact they are tall doesn’t bother me at all.

Bregante

I’ve just been down to my local Evans and had a look at both. I think I’m gong to go with the 3…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Arkose 3? Arkose 4? Or something else..’ is closed to new replies.