Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Arkel Seatpacker 15 Lonnng Term Review
  • Sanny
    Free Member

With modern era bikepacking in mind, Canadian bike touring luggage legends Arkel have entered the market with their Arkel Seatpacker 15 bag.

By sanny

Get the full story on our front page at:

Arkel Seatpacker 15 Lonnng Term Review

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

ampthill

This is meant as a question by some who might but some bike packing bags. Not trying to start an argument.

I can see the benefit of buying this sort of bag in that it could be fitted to a full suspension bike. But I’m not sure if I’d use full suspension bike. If you using a rigid bike it must be a cheaper, lighter and far easier from a structural point of view to put a bag on top of a rack

jimdubleyou

If you using a rigid bike it must be a cheaper, lighter and far easier from a structural point of view to put a bag on top of a rack

Yup, not all bikes are able to take a rack but I find them easier to use. Slight weight penalty if that matters to you.

chaos

I see you can get the metal frame/hanger thing on its own which could be good for working with existing bags. Still pricey though.

Aluminum Hanger for Seatpacker 9 or 15

surfthemaze

I’ve got one and it’s ace. Sliding it on & off is extra quick and the frame is solid as anything. I had a small problem when I wanted to drop my seat and ended up with the pack rubbing the tyre = almost hole. Solution was to chop up a section of plant pot into an nice oval shape and evostick it to the pack. Now perfect.

midlifecrashes

Caaradice will sell you a support frame for your saddle loofah.

Bikepacking Seatpack Support Rack

They’ve started making a few backpacking style bags too.

Bikepacking Seatpack

chevychase

Looks to me that the bag is rubbing on the dropper post there?

Long days out in the saddle – that’ll wear the anodizing away??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.