Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Argos – returns?
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

After failing to get through by phone, I wondered if anyone here can help?

Argos have the pressure washer I want at a good price. It comes with a 2 year warranty. However I am fairly sure that after their “30 days” is up, I have to sort any returns during that two year period out myself.

Is this correct?

If so, Argos can naff off and I’ll look elsewhere.

jimster
    Free Member

Have a look on their website…..

How much cheaper is it if you get it from Argos, would it be worth paying the extra tenner or so for their 3 year insurance?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

It gives no clues – I have now spent about half an hour looking. All it mentions is some 30 day returns thing.

Trouble is, this being Cornwall, I can’t find anyone else that sells Nilfisk pressure washers!!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Give me strength.

geoffj

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

Give me strength.

😆

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

If you’ve had the product for up to 1 year, we’ll repair the product or, if that’s not possible, give you a replacement or, if that’s not possible, a refund.

djglover
    Free Member

You are really spoiling us today with your AWESOME thread

Jamie
    Free Member

Surf-Mat shops in Argos?

Well I never!

jimster
    Free Member

Trouble is, this being Cornwall, I can’t find anyone else that sells Nilfisk pressure washers!!

Google is your friend – Vincent Tractors, St Columb, TR9 6NA.

nuke

Bought a kettle from Argos in May. The button broke about 2 months later and finally in November I got around to taking it back expecting it to be sent off for repair. It wasn’t…without any fuss, they offered to swap it for a new one or for an alternative. I was really impressed.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Jimster – with your Google skills you are spoiling me…:-)

Jamie – if they don’t sell it anywhere else, I will endure the pikeyness then make a quick getaway in heavy disguise…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I bought a big carry all bag from them, bargain £25, I knew it wouldn’t last one holliday, the strap fell off at the hands of heathrow/malaga baggage throwers.

Took it back about 8 months after the holliday (through lazyness), gacve the aprox date of purchase, they founf it on their system and gave me a gift voucher.

Based on that I’d say they are pretty good.

If it says 2 year warrenty I’d imagine they’d at least be helpfull and take it back, at worst you’ll have to pay a tenner for ParcelFarce to courier it to the distributor.

clubber
    Free Member

I’d double nuke’s post – Argos is one of the easiest places to get exchanges – never question anything IMO though how that’d work on a 2 year warranty I don’t know but I would suspect that you could likely bring back something 5 years after buying it and the spotty lad at the counter wouldn’t care enough to say no…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Looking good for Argos then…

Cheapest I can find too.

robdob
    Free Member

Seems very simple on Argos website to me. 10 seconds after getting into Argos website I find that if the product is faulty within 30 days they will refund or replace. After 30 days and less than one year they will repair it or if not possible replace, or if that not possible, refund.
    I would assume that extends to 2 years if guarantee is longer.
    How is that hard to understand?

Personally unless you are spending loads of money I’d get a Karcher as their back up and spares availability is best. After selling various brands for 10+ years (costing up to £400) they are the best in allrespects. Don’t buy a Bosch one though as they are the worst (this was a big surprise, nearly every one we sold came back faulty, odd for Bosch stuff).

robdob
    Free Member

Just had a look. At the lower end I’d go for the Karcher K2.94m at £120. Has £100 worth of Karher accessories with it They always do special packs around that sort of price. Really I’d want the £300 one as it has a brushless induction motor (hence the big jump in price) which is quieter and lasts way way longer.
    Don’t buy the nilski one, please.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Rob – thanks but that’s not really that helpful (about returns) – I am able to read.

Hearing many horror stories about Karcher – seems quality has nose dived recently although it may only be with low end models.

I don’t need a million fancy nozzles, just something that doesn’t break after just over a year as my Halfords HP2800 (top end 125 bar model) has just done. £150 down the drain.

robdob
    Free Member

Well I probably sold hundreds over the last few years and I processed ALL the returns and tested them as well. I cannot remember getting more than 1 or 2 that were genuinely faulty. However the own brand ones that you are looking at (generally made by NuTool or similar ) we probably got 50% back within a year. We were able to buy the own brand ones cheaper as they were expected to have a much higher failure rate. Most faults were burnt out motors as they were too weedy and at the limit of their capabilities. Either that or broken internal connections which were non repairable. I used all the makes as well and I though the Alto ones were beat but you don’t see them in the UK much now. The tornado nozzle on the Karcher machines makes them way more useful than the fan/needle spray you get on the cheap ones which are just cack.
    But I suppose you could just ignore me. 😉

robdob
    Free Member

You bought a Halfords own make one? Well there you go then. Total cack.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Screwfix do Alto/Nilfisk

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

You bought a Halfords own make one? Well there you go then. Total cack.

Well it won several group tests against the likes of Nilfisk and Karcher. And gets almost nothing but praise from owner reviews. And worked very well until this issue happened.

Rob – your opening line (and several other comments) aren’t exactly confidence inspiring but I am listening anyway. Believe it or not your comments are actually useful. Thanks.

robdob
    Free Member

Alto are good, well they were 8 years ago when I was impressed enough to get a £400 one. Hose split in the end (my fault) and I could afford to repair it at the time so I got a smaller Karcher one.
    If you are going to be using one a couple of times a week or more I would really recommend a an induction motor washer. Lot more money but buy cheap buy twice as Surf Mat has found out.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I could have bought far far cheaper…

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_372843_langId_-1_categoryId_165689

That Nilfisk E140 has an induction motor.

So has my HP2800.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Nilfisk E140 (140 bar) “semi professional (!)” unti reserved. Should arrive Monday.

Splendid.

Thanks for the comments all – rather useful.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Mat, you like to suffer? Enjoy!

project
    Free Member

If you store it outside ina shed remember the pipes and the pump may freeze in the cold weather.

Also talking of Argos had 3 video recorders all broke at nearly 12 months all replaced with new,

4 computer leather chairs,all replaced , the same fault, arm snaps, all replaced.

3 freeview boxes all packed up just before 12 months all again replaced .

You walk in and just tell the girl or lad behind the counter its broke, and hand the recipt over and they replace it all with a smile, no need for a long agatha christie expalanation over what you where doing when it broke etc, theyre not interested, after hearing so many different excuses during the day.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Argos – returns?’ is closed to new replies.