Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Argh! yet more absurdly bad service! Whinge!
  • haddock
    Free Member

Sorry in advance for this lengthy whinge…. but for gods sake!

– just rang Merida to get some prices on a hardtail suitable for my partner, we already own two of their road bikes and my 550 trail, in all fairness I’ve phoned them before to get a mech hanger and found them really friendly – not so today though.

Its not complicated problem:- the bikes on the website just bear no resemblance in spec (including fork type) to what the lady at the end of the phone says they have. The conversation soon became difficult and I was told I was looking at the international web site and ‘I should have clicked ‘english”, now this is not my first time on there site and i’ve already clocked the different specs for different countries.

I had clicked ‘english’, but I politely went through it again and …totally different spec! the lady seemed to be getting more and more pissed off with me and just kept repeating that I should have clicked ‘english’, I explained I had, (I even had a little english flag on the screen) – but to no avail. I was obviously being stupid.

As we were getting nowhere I pointed out that there web site must be too difficult to use or it has the wrong specs shown and could she pass on a little feedback to the IT dept, the reply ; ‘We dont take many phone calls and i’ve just got to much other stuff on my desk to deal with this, you’ll just have to go and find a dealer’.

No complaint about the Merida 550 trail though – its a great bike, but what the hells the point of having a website if everythings incorrect and this is backed up with arsey staff. 😥

BillOddie

Just don’t buy a Merida.

Sorted.

STATO
    Free Member

Can you buy direct from Merida? id have thought calling the shop you wanted to buy from would have been a more sensible approach

Pook

Ed, relax old chap.

Here, have a beer

😉

haddock
    Free Member

Thats my kinda beer, infact, I think i’ll have one now! I just cant bear some peoples unhelpful attitude, I have to deal with the public at work and their often a nightmare, but you at least try to be polite and somewhat helpful – make the world a better place….. 💡

Pook

anyway, to cheer you up somewhat – it appears I have that weekend you suggested free.

haddock
    Free Member

I just wanted a rrp thats all.

haddock
    Free Member

mmm, splendid, a plan hatching!

haddock
    Free Member

boxelder

Phone:
    Palace Cycles

102 – 124 Botchergate
    CA1 1SH Carlisle
    United Kingdom

Phone: 01228 523142

“He’s a secca gran’ fella to deal wid”

haddock
    Free Member

Thanks I will!

Houns

Bike manufacturer in $hite website shocker.. Other examples can be seen at Cannondale, Scott, Specialized and Trek

tomzo
    Free Member

An alcohol free becks…..i think thats only marginally better than a stella artois..

trail_rat
    Free Member

why did you phone them ….

its a known fact that the monkeys on the end of the phone lines you can get hold of on the internet are useless … generally just computer operators who have noidea about spec and thus she was not interested in helping … plus she was probably on the minimum wage didnt help

Merida are really good to deal with from a shop point of view , cannot fault it …we just know not to phone the order line with anything other than an order , thats why they have a rep (whos number you will not get off the internet ) They have a dealer network for a reason , use em ! Its their job to help you with a bike not the manufacturers. If this wasnt the case why would they have dealers ?

Ps specs on the site are shite … eg the alu 96 has sids on it , not the foxes shown on the site….

haddock
    Free Member

I just wanted a rrp that all – not that complicated.

Northwind

Merida? RRP = too expensive.

haddock
    Free Member

Yeah! They hoyked the prices up big time, I wanted the rrp to see if I was getting a decent deal from the dealer.. I cant speak highly enough of the TFS Trail – add wider bars, shorter stem and its one of the most enjoyable bikes i’ve ridden – bearing in mind I also have a ti456, its quite a compliment.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Argh! yet more absurdly bad service! Whinge!’ is closed to new replies.