Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Argh! Perfidious Europeans using .co.uk web addresses. How much will this cost?
  • Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

Rats. I finally took the plunge on a more ergonomic office chair to help my creaky back.

Podobrace.co.uk had exactly what I wanted, reasonable price, free next day shipping. Order placed and confirmed.

Then I notice it’s coming from their warehouse in Holland!

Is this becoming a new thing to entice UK customers back despite shipping charges? Will I get stung for going over £139?

Premier Icon mrmo
    Free Member

Is this becoming a new thing to entice UK customers back despite shipping charges?

It’s not a new thing, as for charges, check what you paid, you may have already paid, or you may not.

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

Yeah, I feel bad now, Podobrace’s customer service got back to me straight away and confirmed VAT/duty etc. all included in the price.

Nothing more to see here…

Premier Icon Superficial
    Free Member

Are there any rules / laws stating that tax must be included if you’re buying in GBP, or buying from a .co.uk? Otherwise it has the potential to be very misleading.

Bikester.co.uk are based abroad, but they seem reliable and hiccup-free (shipping just takes a bit longer).

Premier Icon 13thfloormonk

Bikester.co.uk are based abroad, but they seem reliable and hiccup-free

My experience also, although they are more clear in their Ts & Cs that this is the case.

I agree though that (if not already the case) buying from a .co.uk should be some sort of guarantee that you won’t be hit with charges.

Premier Icon Coyote
    Free Member

G-Star Raw ship from a warehouse in Holland. No change in pricing.

Premier Icon Pyro

Perfidious?

Would you apply the same definition if you found out Grit.cx wasn’t really based on Christmas Island, or Road.cc doesn’t actually emanate from the Cocos Islands? 😉

Premier Icon bullshotcrummond
    Free Member

Worst thing is when they offer returns but you are expected to pay return to Europe instead of to a UK address which you assumed they had because they are using .co.uk domain.

Many of the camping equipment stores are from Germany it seems.

Premier Icon kelvin

What do you do when buying from a .com domain? Assuming shipping is local, or find out where they are shipping from? Always check.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.