Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Argh … dating advice please!
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I can’t believe nobody’s grabbed the chance to say it yet…

Wee in his shoes!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

just remember its customary to ‘put out’ on the first date…. or was that only in sex in the city?

Sue_W
    Free Member

Thanks guys and girls for your pearly words of wisdom …

Have had a bit of reflect based on some of the above (not the monkey business – far too cold and I’ll probably be dirty enough already cos it’s quite muddy out now 🙂 )

In the end, I can never really pretend to be anyone other than myself (whether on the forum or in ‘real life’!), so I’m happy to arrange to do something reasonably active outdoors because that’s a big part of who I am. I’ll re-think the ‘head up the mountains for the day’ option (as yes, he might be a boring psycho), and maybe suggest a shorter / slightly lower level option in the hills, followed by a panad if we’re getting on.

Don’t think having a pint of Pete’s tea before setting off would be a wise idea … mountain loo’s being not that readily available and it takes me ages to wiggle out of my waterproofs!

I’m trying to get my head round seeing it as a ‘potential friend with possible future options’ (no sniggering in the back please …) so emsz will wait and see if there is any spark!

And will promise not to flounce on the first date 🙂

Ah yes, I forgot the real test ‘required number of bikes = n+1 (and yes it’s perfectly acceptable for them to live in the dining room …)

duntstick
    Free Member

Outdoor girlies are thin on the ground. My first ‘date’ with my partner was a a stroll over Cribgoch in the snow.

12 years in now…. if he doesn’t appreciate you for who you are, no worries. There really are plenty out there who will!

emsz
    Free Member

so you do fancy him then…. 😆

Sue_W
    Free Member

esmz: tea over keyboard moment – direct comment hitting the spot as ever!

I guess that’s a yes … 😆

duntstick
    Free Member

Yeah come on, does he baste your turkey, crozzle your crackling etc………. 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

hitting the spot as ever!

How is it that lesbians are so good at that… 😕

emsz
    Free Member

Then don’t worry about it my lovely, if he’s worth you getting in a lather, then I’m betting he fancies you as well.

you could turn up in a bin bag and he’ll think you look gorgeous.

try not to snog him on the first date… 😉

Edit, You knows it Yeti man. I hit the spot everytime 😆

billyboy
    Free Member

Is there something SO WRONG about taking him out for a……BIKE RIDE…. that nobody on this biking forum has suggested it yet?

rickmeister

Hi Sue, take your friend and the dogs out for a walk in the Dinorwig quarries below Elidir Fawr.. loads of stuff to see and places to tuck into for a natter, shelter and butties. Great views and could mix a bit of scrambling in there as an explore… there is even the slab in the Quarry Museum mortuary if your dead bored….

Panad at Petes to close the day or decide what next…

mboy
    Free Member

No point in stressing at all. Men and women meet each other every day you know.

Good point well made. The problem is that most people forget we’re all human. We all have to breathe, eat, sleep, drink, take a piss and have a shit once in a while…

I used to get so worked up about going on a date it was unbelievable. I’m too far the other way now perhaps, got so used to dating I’ve become too casual and laid back about it, and too picky, all of which is not good for second date material!

So be yourself and relax a bit, don’t try too hard to impress. But similarly don’t turn up looking like a dogs breakfast, and don’t throw all your crazy on the table straight away… Save that for a few weeks in trust me!

corroded
    Free Member

While I think ‘doing’ something on a first date is a good tactic, going up a mountain wouldn’t be my first choice. I’d prefer something where I can gauge the other person’s views etc rather than whether they can scramble into a freezing wind for 3hrs. Art galleries are good for example – if you’re looking at the Mona Lisa and they go ‘I’m more of a FHM bloke myself’ then you’ve learned something useful. Same goes for music, etc. You need to be able to ask each other leading questions, not just ‘is that map upside down?’

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just a thought here, but is he actually an outdoorsy-type person?

I’m assuming he is to some degree if your mates think he’s a good match for you but coming on with the full ‘Chris Bonnington’ approach might just be a a little overfacing for the poor bloke!

A nice gentle trip where you can chat would be much better than trying to see if he can keep up with you in a 70mph wind for 3hrs…

andrewh
    Free Member

Being reasonably newly single and therefore only having only been on one first date in the last five years I would say this sounds great. If I asked a girl what she fancied doing and she suggested climbing Snowdon I would be really impressed, sounds like my kind of girl *cheeky wave to Sue*
    Points to bear in mind though. How well do you know him? If it turns out you don’t get on after all or without other people around if you’ve only ever seen him in pub etc then could you stand a 6 hour walk in the snow in awkward silence. And if either of you suggests taking the train the other should run a mile.

if you’re looking at the Mona Lisa and they go ‘I’m more of a FHM bloke myself’ then you’ve learned something useful. Same goes for music, etc. You need to be able to ask each other leading questions, not just ‘is that map upside down?’

Nonsense. If you still want to see each other again after 6 hours of trapsing though a blizzard in gale force winds with no idea where you are or where you are going then you are on to a winner. It may also be the case that it is a lovely day for a walk and you get a nice long uniterupted chat. Again, if you still want ot see each other again after that then all’s good.

Kit
    Free Member

I had a date last night, first in… well, a while 😉

She had to rearrange the meeting time about 4 times so we met 2hrs later than planned and in a different pub! Nearly didn’t get our dinner as the kitchen was closing and I didn’t feel well but was still an awesome night. If the company’s right, doesn’t matter what you do to be honest 🙂

Sue_W
    Free Member

Yup, he’s an outdoors type person and appears to know his way round the hills.

I think I might have prompted a bit of the difficulty by saying that I found it frustrating when guys said they were into the outdoors when what they really meant was a stroll across the park to the pub to watch the footie (not that there’s anything wrong with that, it’s just not for me!) But, I am coming round to the idea that a 6 hour hike in the snow / gales / rain might not be best ‘first date’ idea – it would be good to be able to talk to him!

andrewh – cheeky wave back at you 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sue – do your walk, somewhere more sheltered though maybe. Resist the urge to drag it out in Pete’s eats after though… save it for another time.

Kit – was it bike girl?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

appears to know his way round the hills.

That HAS to be a euphemism! 😉

Sue_W
    Free Member

CFH 🙂

(tries really hard not to mention that I refer to the couple of hills behind my house as the ‘twin peaks’ aka the DD boobs …)

project
    Free Member

From a thread a few weeks a go.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-do-you-deal-with-asky-people

jhw – Member
    Case in point 1:

Invited hot girl to go climbing with me. Invited guy along too, as I didn’t want to creep the girl out. Then it turned out the guy couldn’t actually fit in our accommodation, so I told him “sorry mate you can’t come after all”. At this point asky man asks “call the landlord and persuade them”. I did so, putting my back out for asky man. Asky man then came climbing, spent the entire weekend flagrantly chatting up hot girl while enjoying my hospitality friends and car, and has just (2 weeks later) f**ked her, while I got ditched over a nice meal I had to pay for “but we can still climb together”. Will need to settle this with asky man face to face at some point.

Case in point 2:

JHW: “I can see you (Less Hot Girl) all weekend except for 1 hour when I have a climbing lesson booked, with a 4 week waiting list”.
    LHG: “That’s fine! Guess what! I called the climbing centre and can share your lesson! So we can climb together! Yay!”.
    JHW: SIGHHH
    JHW: “I am going skiing this winter. There is a space. You may come.”
    LHG: “That’s fine! Guess what! I can bring a friend too! Or better yet! We can go on a completely different trip, with different people, for a different type of skiing!”
    JHW: kill me now

How do you deal with these arseholes? I find being assertive doesn’t work – it always ends with a huge row and you become the bad guy. Is writing them off the only solution? (definitely in the case of the wretched first guy…).

Posted 3 weeks ago # Report-Post

Kit
    Free Member

Kit – was it bike girl?

Nope! Just a beautiful Spanish lass. In tight jeans. And heels…. hmmm, sorry, you said something about a bike…? 😀

sharki
    Free Member

Sue, I can agree with you with the possible difficulties, I get it all the time when they find out a walk with me may end up taking 4months and stretching over 600miles.

🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pics of the DD boobs, please, Sue….

😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Cagoule and woolley hat sounds good!

Trust your dog. If you dog likes him, he’s alright I reckon.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Just for you CFH:

(Surely you weren’t implying that I meant anything else???)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sue – Good luck. I hope it all works out for you but if not I have a friend who is dying to meet you 🙂 ( or he would be if he knew what a lovely lass you are 🙂 )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Phwooooooaaaaaaaaaaar! Nice contours!

Recently the sister of a friend of mine had some puppies. Well, she didn’t, but her dog did. When said friend told me, I simply could not resist asking her the inevitable question, “Can you show me some pictures of your sister’s puppies?”

🙂

trevh
    Free Member

be yourself enjoy meeting someone new if you enjoy it then meet up again. simple as that .

and if he fancies you when your dressed like an eskimo then thats a result.!!!!!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Covered in sheep shit, them mounds. 😡

What I want to know though, is how on Earth a window can be gay. I mean, a Dolphin, or Dog, or Hussar, I can understand, but a window? 😕

I men, it’s just an inanimate object without a consciousness. How can it be possessed of a sexuality?

duntstick
    Free Member

Huh? ^

Sue_W
    Free Member

Double huh? ^^

duntstick
    Free Member

The wonderful world of ‘A’ class drugs will always be an enigma to me……..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No it’s something Binners sed aerlier, and apparently Emsz came up with it first.

I mean, like, a penguin, fair enough.

But a window? 😯

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Is it about someone being so gay that any attempt to hide it is see through?

andrewh
    Free Member

andrewh – cheeky wave back at you

😀 This is going well.
    Fancy a trip up Carnedd y Filliast at the weekend Sue? Go on, you can’t be that keen on the other guy if you have to come on here and ask us lot about him 😉

lowey

Good luck Sue. As already said, be yourself. No point in pretending to be something your not just to impress.

Personally I think that would be a cracking first date!

Cougar

I can never really pretend to be anyone other than myself

Good. Little point in winning a date over with false pretences. Do you want him to like you, or like someone you spent the first two weeks pretending to be?

Sue_W
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice (and entertaining comments)

After all this fuss, he’ll probably not be interested anyway!

andrewh – thanks for the invite, but I’m in enough of a flap about meeting one guy, any more would probably finish me off! (But bonus points for suggesting a lesser known mountain!)

Right, off to wash the worst of the mud off my waterproof trousers – got to make a bit of an effort … 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Argh … dating advice please!’ is closed to new replies.