Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • ARGGGGGGGGH! The b******s got more than I thought!
  • SaxonRider

You may remember that, around two months ago, my back garden got raided for teh third time, on which occasions the thieving scrotes got away with my CX and my son’s MTB.

well, just today, I went looking for my commuting lights, at which point my kids told me that they were out in the shed, Except that they weren’t. And neither was a pair of skin wall tyre that cost me a fair bit new.

Robbery: the gift that keeps on giving. 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And neither was a pair of skin wall tyre that cost me a fair bit new.

I mean what sort freaks would actually use those

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

They stole your skinwalls?

Kill them. Kill them to death!

Sandwich

There’s your answer Mike! Right there ^^

joeydeacon
    Free Member

1. Buy new skinwall tyres

2. Draw tattoos and a nipple on the skinwall. Stick on a few hairs.

3. Add a sign saying Thieves will be skinned alive.

4. No more theft.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Skinwalls? What kind of tasteless fool buys, er sorry steals, skinwalls?….

thepodge
    Free Member

What commuting lights were they? I might be able to sort you out with something if needed

BillOddie

Yeah a garage/shed break in is the gift that keeps on giving.

Been there and know your pain.

chrismac

I feel your pain. We had out campervan stolen from our drive last september. We now have a phrase ITFV for items we still cant find or we think we in the van when it was stolen.

kimbers

We were done a few months ago, got my bike back, but they nicked my bike tool bag all packed up & ready for a race.

Claimed a few things on insurance but was stuff I’d built up over years & expected never to buy again: hope bore cap tools, about 20 gear cables, small tin of red rubber grease for caliper seals(would’ve lasted a lifetime) slick honey, £1 eBay golf clamp for fitting luftkappe, chain whip, various spanners, puncture kit, leatherman, park Allen key set, torque wrench….  Most didn’t have receipts for or forgot about so didn’t punt in insurance claim.

so every time I go to grab random tool I only use once a year after 30 mins of searching, I realise it’s was nicked

🙁

taxi25
    Free Member

With a family of your size you need plenty of storage, bite the bullet and get one of these. Problem sorted.

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/motorcycle-storage

footflaps

I have a whole set of Lupine lights I’ve been meaning to get rid of on Ebay. You can have them for postage….

dannyh
    Free Member

Yeah, brilliant isn’t it?

We had a shed break in a few years back (luckily just the derelict older shed with ‘non-essential’ stuff in it). But it did contain my petrol hedge trimmers and I only figured this out months later when I went to cut the hedge.

Not to be left out, the proper burglars then did us over on 21st December that year. They used the keys to the more secure shed to nick my bike that time.

Merry Christmas!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I have a whole set of Lupine lights I’ve been meaning to get rid of on Ebay. You can have them for postage….

I do love this forum!

footflaps

They used the keys to the more secure shed to nick my bike that time.

How did they get those?

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got some spares you can borrow, if you like?

plyphon
    Free Member

With a family of your size you need plenty of storage, bite the bullet and get one of these. Problem sorted.

http://www.asgardsss.co.uk/motorcycle-storage

As an aside, I love that they blurred out the faces of the ‘professional scrotes’ on their product test footage to further imply these are not very nice chaps indeed.

I also like how one of them does sweet FA throughout the whole video.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I also like how one of them does sweet FA throughout the whole video.

Keepin’ the edgy, innit.

footflaps

18v angle grinder and just cut the lock out….

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I left a collection of (what I considered) really useful tools with a friend and his fiancé while working overseas; I’d collected them up over years and some were pretty old. They split up in my absence, she chucked his (my) tools in the tip. I realise it’s not quite the same, but I completely sympathise with “every time I go to grab random tool I only use once a year after 30 mins of searching…”

dannyh
    Free Member

How did they get those?

By burgling the house – keep up!

Actually my bike was covered on the insurance and, although I’d built it up myself, I’d got the receipts etc.

My wife’s late grandmother’s jewellery that she had left in her will less than two years before was a different story, however.

At least they didn’t trash the house much four days prior to Christmas, didn’t find the kids’ presents and the kids came back the night after (had been whisked away to the in-laws whilst we sorted stuff) and slept through without really thinking about it.

Monumental pain the backside, though.

dannyh
    Free Member

Our ‘take home’ lesson was that secure-feeling five-point locking PVC doors are pointless if the lock barrel can be snapped with mole grips and the mechanism then accessed and turned with a flat bladed screwdriver.

Anti-snap lock barrels are the answer (they do actually still snap, but they leave a blank in place so that the mechanism cannot be accessed).

My bikes are now tethered with high quality chain locks to ground anchors that I concreted into plastic garden troughs. Not impossible to nick, but a real pain unless you take an angle grinder to the chain. My bikes aren’t boutique enough to attract a professional bike thief and a casual burglar is unlikely to take the time and effort.

footflaps

Anti-snap lock barrels are the answer (they do actually still snap, but they leave a blank in place so that the mechanism cannot be accessed).

We have those, plus super tough handles which can’t just be pliered off to expose the lock…

Pro-Secure Handle

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

After our break in I too pleasure in imagining the disappointment oh the buggers face when he realised the router he ran off with was wrecked!

I hope he wasted time trying to fence it.

johndrummer
    Free Member

After our break in I too pleasure in imagining the disappointment oh the buggers face when he realised the router he ran off with was wrecked!

I hope he wasted time trying to fence it.

same here, conservatory broken into, only thing they took , apart from my time & money replacing the locks, was a brok3n television. Hope they enjoyed watching that 👿

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘ARGGGGGGGGH! The b******s got more than I thought!’ is closed to new replies.