Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Aren't DH bike's flipping great!
  • deviant
    Free Member

I’ve slung a leg over various mates ones before but had a proper blast on my new one today…..jesus wept it almost feels like cheating, grip is phenomenal, angles allow mickey taking lines and following a contraventional line is a thing of the past as you can just plough though or over anything in your way….bank balance is gonna suffer this year with race entries!

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Dare I ask…….

oldtalent
    Free Member

Yep. No substitute for slackness, a nice pair of supertackies and 8+ inches of bounce.(and an uplift)

Trimix
    Free Member

Hes all happy now, wait till he has to pedal it 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

got the YT then? yep agreed they are rad !

deviant
    Free Member

Yep, bought large…. I’m 5′ 9″ and it feels just right, Christ knows what 6ft+ riders must feel like on one!?

Oh, and order to delivery was less than a week, superb.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have only rented for 2 days in Alps but agreed, the difference on the right track is gob smacking 🙂

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

it almost feels like cheating, grip is phenomenal, angles allow mickey taking lines

I had a go on one last year and had to steal it for a second run as first time round I underestimated just how much faster than a 150mm full suss a dh bike was.

Quite glad the uplift at Triscombe doesn’t run anymore as I think I would have bought one by now if it did as I don’t do pushing.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

They’re great as long as you don’t need to pedal!

tomhoward

29lbs?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

^^ 😆

curiousyellow
    Free Member

29lbs?

That’s almost lighter than a Capra!

At 29lbs most of us would have a go at pedalling it most places! 😀

Northwind

I miss mine. TBH for most stuff at innerleithen, bpw and the like my Remedy’s just as fast but it’s that last 10%… Just firing it into rock gardens with total disregard was something else.

kimbers

I miss my DH bike

but my problem was that I couldnt really justify keeping it when I spend my biking time is limited by family and stuff

That said if I did see one at the right price on ebay…..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Aren't DH bike's flipping great!’ is closed to new replies.