Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 214 total)
  • are you single?
  • Solo
    Free Member

Ah. The mighty elfin.

Welcome Troll.

***Quakes***NOT !***

You are good for a laugh though. I’m laughing now
    😆

After your next ban, perhaps your next forum ID can be Mr Contrarian.

😆

Solo
    Free Member

Single and I don’t know why.
    Could anyone tell me where I’m going wrong

Ask Elfin the Troll.

He is here to impose his morals and ethical codes on us all.
    😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Hello peeps – my ears have been burning – what’s been going on??

Rachel

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

As for being single. Well, if you’d read the thread, you’ll see I’m single at the moment as a consequence of a decision I made.

Can’t be bothered trawling through all that; seems like you really want to put your point across and appear all intelligent and knowledgeable but there’s just a central core of you imagining all women (or certainly the ones you encounter) chase rainbows and are then disappointed. Your posts are more about you voicing your perceptions of women than any real facts. And those perceptions seem to be stained with resentment and anger. The problem lies elsewhere, not within yourself, in your world.

And you seem to lack the ability to read between the lines, look at the hidden picture.

Ask Elfin the Troll.

He is here to impose his morals and ethical codes on us all.

Nope. It’;s up to you if you want to be wrong, I can’t stop you. Merely pointing out the truth. Which you can’t handle, obviously.

Probbly cos yer too busy blaming everyone else for your own failures.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

And you seem to lack the ability to read between the lines, look at the hidden picture.

The irony of that post in the context of a thread discussing the truth behind online dating sites can’t be accidental… surely?

allthegear
    Free Member

guys – having a go at each other isn’t exactly going to show you at your best, is it? This has been a really nice thread. Don’t spoil it.

Rachel

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You can be quiet you Yeti. Too furry.

supertramp
    Free Member

Hello peeps – my ears have been burning – what’s been going on??

Rachel

I think that may have been my fault 😳

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Elfin – have you come on this thread just to have an argument?

I’m just here to be an idiot. Not particularly interested in confrontation but I’m sure you’ll manage to be ‘accidentally’ offensive to one of us within the next few posts.

philconsequence
    Free Member

seems so yeti….

FWIW mrsconsequence and i know a huge amount of 30something women who are in exactly the position solo described. so his comments will hit the mark for a lot of people…. although my guess is not many of those wimminz will be reading STW forums!

supertramp
    Free Member

philconsequence, how do you know so many 30something women?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Coz he’s a bar-steward.

philconsequence
    Free Member

my job, mrsconsequences many social groups, and a whole friendship group of 30-34ish year olds in london who are all in the situation that solo describes.

most of them are putting away a bottle of wine a night and its all going to their bellies, constant diets and very public ‘new starts’… not really happy with themselves or their situation 🙁 shame cos most of them are lovely people who deserve to be so much happier!

EDIT – and as yeti says… i’m a sexy chap who within 2 minutes of meeting a woman can have her discussing her whole life story… i really should just go back to telling people i’m a gardener or something!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfin – have you come on this thread just to have an argument?

Must be my ‘Time Of The Month’ or something….

allthegear
    Free Member

supertramp – ah – Just found your message!! 😳

Rachel (and will always try to remember to put this now!!)

Sue_W
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – LOL! Thanks 🙂

supertramp
    Free Member

allthegear – don’t worry about signing the posts, just add a photo 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

You want a photo??

sharki
    Free Member

Geek here is a ginger cat, for most the day he lays and sleeps, the rest of the time he eats and shits. Is it because he’s content in his world or has he excepted he’s a ginger and given up hope on finding a mate..

Bean however is a phycotic nut job of a moggy. Always out hunting, sometimes comes back to feed and. Is she content or doing that relentless search for a mate or food. Geek knows his food is there, why hunt for something else when it may taste foul..

I’m sure that Bean has a fair bit of variety and i’m sure some he enjoys some more than others. However! Bean is unpredicatble, she’ll bite and scratch when it appears she wants attention, so is she happy in her world. Geek just lays and purrs his way through life.

Nobody tells a cat it needs to have a mate, but it’s instinct to find one, at least on occasion.

Humans however are brought up thinking it’s an essential part of life to share it with another and this is the source of desperation leading to clouded visions of whom people are when we meet them, giving us the delusion that they are a suitor, no matter how unsuited they are, they stay together through countless arguments and suffer in the uncompatability of each others souls.

Through the yearning and inbuilt desire to not be alone, humans will put themselves through unhappiness as they strive to find a partner, to fit in.

Once people stop trying desperately to find the one, they find it much easier to open up the doors for the one the come along.

Waffle over, if anyone can make sense of that please translate in a positive way as i haven’t a clue what i’ve just gone on about.

x

supertramp
    Free Member

You want a photo??

but nothing too exciting, you will get yourself in trouble 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

makes perfect sense sharki… no need to translate 🙂

allthegear
    Free Member

okay…

will that do? It’s bikes I have in the living room (still being decorated after laying my own wooden floor…)

Rachel

supertramp
    Free Member

that is so provocative!

you have your own pole 😉

😆

allthegear
    Free Member

oh poo – never thought of that!! 😳

supertramp
    Free Member

try again? 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

And here was I trying to show I wasn’t a girly girl and all you notice is the bloomin’ pole!!

Rachel

sobriety
    Free Member

To drag this kicking and screaming back on topic, I’m single, not through choice initially but I’m beginning to enjoy it now.

The reason I’m single is something to do with reverse psychology, in a dating situation when I get asked what I do/like, I tend to say ‘I’m a process engineer, it’s dull but it pays the bills, I like riding bikes, being outside, taking stuff apart and making it work betterer, reading books, watching movies, playing squash, visiting new places and generally having a good time, in all I’m fairly dull how about you?’

At this point the lady in question seems to think that I’m a gloriously interesting person, and a relationship follows, up until the point where they realise that I wasn’t lying…

supertramp
    Free Member

Rachel, your posts show there is much more to you than a ‘girly girl’ that’s why it took me so long to realise you were a woman!

allthegear
    Free Member

better?

😉

allthegear
    Free Member

up until the point where they realise that I wasn’t lying…

better than being accused of lying!! (believe me – that hurts)

Rachel

supertramp
    Free Member

Rachel – you just had to get your knees in the shot didn’t you? you flirt! lol

supertramp
    Free Member

better than being accused of lying!! (believe me – that hurts)

Yes, I know how that feels, you are upfront an honest with someone but they are so cynical ans suspicious they find fault where there are none. It’s like two people walking though the countryside, one sees the flowers and the trees and says ‘life is beautiful’ the other keeps turning over rocks and then complains that ‘It’s full of creepy crawlies’ some people have half empty souls to match their half empty glasses!

That was a bit too deep for me wasn’t it – lets go back to asking for photos 😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Actually, Supertramp, I think they’re my dad’s knees…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s like two people walking though the countryside, one sees the flowers and the trees and says ‘life is beautiful’ the other keeps turning over rocks and then complains that ‘It’s full of creepy crawlies’

I’d be complaining there’s too many cahs and not enough cashpoints….

supertramp
    Free Member

Actually, Supertramp, I think they’re my dad’s knees…

I’m so glad I didn’t admit to anything else 😳

allthegear
    Free Member

Yeah – he’s 65!!! lol

sobriety
    Free Member

Yes, I know how that feels, you are upfront an honest with someone but they are so cynical ans suspicious they find fault where there are none. It’s like two people walking though the countryside, one sees the flowers and the trees and says ‘life is beautiful’ the other keeps turning over rocks and then complains that ‘It’s full of creepy crawlies’ some people have half empty souls to match their half empty glasses!

I know that feeling, my ex would often ask ‘Can I do/spend X on Y?’

To which I’d say, ‘Yeah, we can afford it, sure thing’

To which she’d say ‘You don’t want me to, you’re stopping me from doing things’

Ho hum…

supertramp
    Free Member

nothing wrong with being 65, i remember when i was … no i don’t the dementia had set in by then, doh.

sharki
    Free Member

I feel like a voyeur on here but without seeing any exciting outcome to all the subliminal flirting.

supertramp
    Free Member

subliminal? is it that obvious?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘are you single?’ is closed to new replies.