Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 214 total)
  • are you single?
  • supertramp
    Free Member

If you are then why? between relationships or a lifestyle choice? what are the pros and cons of a single life?

Blower
    Free Member

single,lifestyle choice.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Single, reason: Double jointed

loddrik
    Free Member

No, but if I wasn’t with my wife, I’d definitely be single out of choice. Though I am pretty confident that my wife and I will be together until death. Being single is great though. Whether it suits you is whether you are emotionally needy, which I am not.

Solo
    Free Member

Yes. Single and not liking it that much.

Started as a bit of a laugh, but I got myself onto one of those dating websites.

Boy what a waste of time that was. I won’t be renewing.
    It appears to be full of 30 something women waiting for Brad Clooney or George Pitt to pluck them from the rough and whisk them away.
    😉

So, yeah, single just now.

Edit:

Oh, yes, the why thing.

Neglect. I felt in the end that I wasn’t really that important other than for providing.
    So I called time.

Solo
    Free Member

Whether it suits you is whether you are emotionally needy

Err. Thats BS mate.

For many years, my GF was my best mate and the person I wanted to spend my free time with, rather than ever being single for a few hours or days.

Thats friendship, not being emotionally needy anymore than anything suffering the human condition.

🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Erm, each to their own…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Though I am pretty confident that my wife and I will be together until death

That sounds pretty sinister

Solo
    Free Member

Erm, each to their own…

Agreed. The capacity to have a balanced sense of emotion would appear to wasted on some folk.
    😉

Being single is great though
    GGS

momo

Yep single, originaly not through my own choice, however, I’m now loving it, although having a regular, er how shall I put this, romantic liason certainly helps.

lowey

Single. And very very happy.

I have come to the conclusion that women are, generally, barking mad.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Married for 8 years and I’m only (only 😉 ) 33. She’s awesome – and oddly she has never learnt to ride a bike but is happy for me to bugger off for ages on mine.
    Perhaps not being the same helps! Although we do have quite a bit in common.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i am just waiting for lowey to turn to the darkside -see you tomorrow 😉

mmb
    Free Member

single after seventeen yrs with the wrong woman,enjoying the freedom but not wanting to stay single for too long so a mixed bag really.

Solo
    Free Member

women are, generally, barking mad

Yeap, being a Man, I can’t help but know what you mean.

I still likem though.
    😉

i am just waiting for lowey to turn to the darkside -see you tomorrow

😯

Solo
    Free Member

mmb.

I’m similar, but had 21yrs on the clock 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is picking up a road bike from me tomorrow 😀

Solo
    Free Member

he is picking up a road bike from me tomorrow

PHEW !.

😆 😆

Moonhead
    Free Member

Single, I suppose between relationships is accurate. I do like being single but at 36 I’m starting to think about settling down if the right person comes along. If not I shall very happily die alone.

mboy
    Free Member

It appears to be full of 30 something women waiting for Brad Clooney or George Pitt to pluck them from the rough and whisk them away.

Hehehe, ever noticed how emotionally needy their “about me” essays are too? And then their longest relationship is always “less than a year”… Sorry, just me then? 😉

Single, not through my own doing, but not in a rush to be with anyone either. Not really ready for it to be honest right now!

Solo
    Free Member

Hehehe, ever noticed how emotionally needy their “about me” essays are too? And then their longest relationship is always “less than a year”… Sorry, just me then?

Its true though. They really think Hugh Grant is just going to rock up to their front door and sort them out a great life of traveling, dinner parties, horses, etc.

Actually, it has worried me slightly just how many 30 something women there are out there, apparently seeking a man….And not just the err, average looking ones either.

And theres another thing. They all describe themselves as attractive or very attractive. Which kind of makes me cringe abit.

I mean, its fine to have self confidence and think to yourself “yeah, I can look good” and some of them do….

But to tell people, “I’m attractive” Fact.
    Well, it just makes wince.

mboy
    Free Member

But to tell people, “I’m attractive” Fact.
    Well, it just makes wince.

Hahaha. My first question when I read that is… “So why haven’t you got a boyfriend already?” 😉

Besides, isn’t attractive wholly subjective? I mean, my ex GF to me was a stunner, but many of my friends wouldn’t have fancied her. One of my best mates’ wife is ubiqitously fancied by everyone, I like her and think she’s a great girl and they’re good together, but physically she does nothing for me.

Seriously though, many of us are single through circumstance, but there are a lot of 30 somethings like you say, who have obviously just realised if they don’t settle down soon they’ll be infertile before they can have kids, but like you say still think George or Brad or Hugh is gonna sweep em away! I can say without comeback “I’m intelligent” (I have pieces of paper to prove it!)… But not attractive, cos that’s all in the eye of the beholder!

Oh, and FYI, “don’t message me if you’re only after one thing cos I’m not that kind of girl” means “I’m filth, and I haven’t had it in a while, PLEASE get in touch even if you only want a bit of casual sex”… Seriously… Any girl worth while wouldn’t even mention it, as the thought hadn’t crossed her mind! 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Any girl worth while wouldn’t even mention it, as the thought hadn’t crossed her mind!

Mboy.. Girls get speculative msgs on those sites before they’ve even posted a pic of themselves. There are other sites that they can go on if they just want to get laid.

My extensive resarch into dating sites says they’re all shite but you can have alot of fun through them. Meeting people in real life is a much better way of doing things though.

mboy
    Free Member

My extensive resarch into dating sites says they’re all shite but you can have alot of fun through them. Meeting people in real life is a much better way of doing things though.

Hell yeah, I gave up years ago… Just sharing some pearls of wisdom…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hmmm… well I think you’re wrong on your last point. The attractive women on dating sites know full well that if they want to get ****** they’ll go to a night club.

mboy
    Free Member

The attractive women on dating sites know full well that if they want to get ****** they’ll go to a night club

The debate about the word “attractive” has already been started… 😉

So in essence, we agree…

Solo
    Free Member

My extensive resarch into dating sites says they’re all shite but you can have alot of fun through them. Meeting people in real life is a much better way of doing things though

After my brief experience I am coming round to agreeing with you there, accept for the fun bit. I don’t play about with people (and I’m not accusing you of doing so) I’m just genuinely available and looking. Like what people are supposed to do, maybe ?.

Anyway, whats the OP’s story ?. Single, going to be, will never be ?.

Edit:

At least I’ve got the online dating curiousity out of the way.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo… I was genuinely available… I just made myself as available as possible.

I looked on those sites the same as you would Autotrader. There full of used vehicles. You want to test ride a few cars, as close together as possible, for comparisson purposes before deciding that you’d rather ride your bike anyways.

aleigh
    Free Member

Oh, and FYI, “don’t message me if you’re only after one thing cos I’m not that kind of girl” means “I’m filth, and I haven’t had it in a while, PLEASE get in touch even if you only want a bit of casual sex”…

Ummm…sorry to disappoint lads but that actually means don’t bother getting in touch if you want that, go and find a slapper in a club!

Solo
    Free Member

TSY.

Mate, if thats how it works for you, that fine.

To a Man’s mind (me…)it just seems so simple. Find a woman who likes you and who you like, live happily ever after.

But it can’t happen if the other side don’t get their act together.
    And so far ime, the otherside just aint sorting themselves out, and as one of the posts above points out.

Women, unlike men, do have a schedule to bare in mind. Clock is ticking and all that.
    You read people’s pages where all they want to do at 35yrs of age is travel the world, some more !.
    And, well, they’re not sure if they want to have children !.

Not sure !, you’re 35 and you don’t know. eh ?.

I don’t know, its not the best day for me. I’m stuck at work, have been all day, with a full week ahead and deadlines.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo, do you want a hug?

Aleigh… that was my point too! How are you btw? 😉

Solo
    Free Member

Aleigh.

Put the flame thrower down.

I take those kind of messages on face value.

Ime, after being part of a long term thing, one knows that the physical side is only one part of what it takes to make a life with someone.

TSY.

Let me tell you buddy. If that did it for me, I’d be the luckiest guy in the world.
    😉

Instead.
    Tell me you’ve organised the team entry for SiTS and all I have to do is give you money.
    😉

aleigh
    Free Member

Yo TSY! I am good thanks, finally settling into the single way of life…which ‘means’ I will now meet the man of my dreams 😆 *mutters under breath – ‘what a crock of crap’*

How are you? I haven’t been on here much to read your jolly posts!

Aleigh.

Put the flame thrower down.

I take those kind of messages on face value. glad to hear it haha!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha. I’ve cut back on this place a lot. Settled into single life and well… I’ve been a very busy boy of late 😀 Still thinking I need a dry ride at Brechfa sometime though…

I’ve actually been too busy to make Solo’s dreams come true infact 🙁 sorry dude, sounds like I personally won’t be making the team.

mboy
    Free Member

I looked on those sites the same as you would Autotrader. There full of used vehicles. You want to test ride a few cars, as close together as possible, for comparisson purposes before deciding that you’d rather ride your bike anyways.

Here speaks a TRUE Mountain Biker. Personally, I prefer meeting a potential partner of the opposite sex to be slightly more emotional, but maybe that’s where I’ve been going wrong?

Don’t tell me you went on Autotrader and fell in love with a little red number up north somewhere, she’s perfect for you and you’ll be together forever, if only she wasn’t quite so far away, and a little too high maintenance to be ideal? 😉

Still thinking I need a dry ride at Brechfa sometime though…

Bloody long way from anywhere, but recently visited for the first time… WELL WORTH the trip!

Solo
    Free Member

Too busy to make Solo’s dreams come true infact sorry dude, sounds like I personally won’t be making the team.

TSY. Let me get this right. You are bailing from your own team, yes ?.

Just confirm this and I’ll let the others know, if I have contacts for them, and if they haven’t found this thread.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emotional, but maybe that’s where I’ve been going wrong?

N00B!!

aleigh
    Free Member

Still thinking I need a dry ride at Brechfa sometime though…

Ahhh yes, I haven’t taken my lucky weather along with you yet have I?!! I haven’t been in over a year now, I have withdrawal symptoms 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

TSY. Let me get this right. You are bailing from your own team, yes ?

Ohh FFS was an e-mail too hard to send I mean I replied like 10 days later 🙄

Solo
    Free Member

Junkyard.

What on earth are you going on about ?.

That question was for TSY ❓

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘are you single?’ is closed to new replies.