Are you, or do you know a Prince2 practitioner: recommend a training course.

Home Forum Chat Forum Are you, or do you know a Prince2 practitioner: recommend a training course.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Are you, or do you know a Prince2 practitioner: recommend a training course.
  • If you fancy a trip to Sweden I can recommend ours, however I have no experience of UK based ones

Did mine with Parity Training as I worked for Parity Solutions at the time. They were ok. All of the delegates passed.

druff

Can I ask why you’re thinking of doing the Prince2 course/certification – is it required by your job (or potential jobs)? I ask as there are others I might recommend, including a course that I’m working on building at the moment.

Premier Icon terrahawk
    Subscriber

I did my foundation and practitioner at QA.
    Seemed ok. I passed anyway.

Premier Icon piedi di formaggio
    Subscriber

Did mine (foundation & practitioner) at QA about 4 years ago. Seem to remember out of the 11 on the course, only 2 of us (I was one) passed. Of course I could have been in a class of dimwits!

Premier Icon terrahawk
    Subscriber

sounds like you were!

Did mine last year with Aikona, now part of QA. All good – lots of question practice and a common sense approach (i.e. a trainer who understood that common sense isn’t the same as what a question might ask. The questions test your knowledge of PRINCE2, not whether you can actually manage a real-life project).

We had some folks who had self studied and just turned for the tests. They sank, badly without the trainer support that’s geared up to get you through the exams. (and the Practitioner one is a good challenge).

Don’t even think of trying to do work during the week course – turn the phone off and focus. Evenings are needed too unles you’re v photographic in the memory department.

Delegate quality is luck of the draw. We had a range – some gobby toerags (self included)and some who just silently listened to it all (and still passed). Depends on your learning style I guess.

Now there’s an introduction to PRINCE2 course you’ll find that most people on the 5 day course will be there seriously (rather than a 5 day jolly).

good luck and enjoy it – its a rewarding piece of learning to do and good for future job prospects

TM

MrBlond

Did a course at QA which worked, I think pretty much everyone passed (although one or two people dropped out during the week IIRC).

There’s little excuse for failing the Foundation paper.

clubber

I did mine with this company (in the Bristol one) about a year ago:

http://www.theknowledgeacademy.com/courses/prince2-training/?gclid=CPjt7–MlLECFZMctAodh14dkA

I sent one of my team on it afterwards as I thought it was well taught. We both passed as did (IIRC) 90% of the people on the courses.

Oh and as a tip, leave all common sense and real world experience at the door – PRINCE2 exams are about knowing how PRINCE2 theory says to do things. That’s not to say it’s not good, just that it’s very theoretical though it does recognise that and ‘tailoring’ is a key part of the process to make it applicable in the real world.

Second tip is to bring post-it index sticky things to mark up the book (which you can take into the exams) as that massively speeds finding the right section.

Junkyard

only half passed when i did it cant remember most of it tbh

jota180

I got sent on the course last year with the same lot as clubber but in Newcastle

They were very good indeed with a great trainer

I almost enjoyed it 🙂

the00

I’m looking to do a 5 day combined Prince2 foundation and practitioner course. My original criteria was locality, but I’ve now decided to just pick the best course available. But which is the best course?

There are plenty of training organisations, but choosing one is pretty difficult. Has anyone here got any experience or know someone who has?

I’ve Googled for reviews, but they all sound the same and look pretty sus. Picking a course with some other good deligates would be a good start.

Thanks.

traildog

Of course I could have been in a class of dimwits!

If it was full of project managers, you probably were… 😉

Premier Icon brassneck
    Subscriber

I passed (Practitioner) with QA as did my 3 colleagues.

We’re techies though 😉

the00

Thanks for reviews of QA and Knowledge Academy, both shall be considered. Think someone here mentioned QA too, and they are one of the more expensive courses.

the00

I have been asked to do a Prince2 course as it is similar to the project management process we use. I’ve already done an APMP course, but might be open to other choices too.

atlaz

I used QA for my foundation and practitioner. I’ve let my accreditation lapse though as, honestly, I’ve got all I’m getting out of it and I’m not a project manager so it’s just about background knowledge.

jockhaggis

Did my Foundation and Practitioner with ILX. Their material was very good and they had an excellent online trial assessment program which really helped with exam prep.

There’s a new level after Practitioner now, Advanced Practitioner, which is a 2 1/2 day evaluation workshop if you want to go the extra step.

hamsolo

I did mine (+MSP and MOR) practitioner course with AFA projects – recommended.

the00

Recommended, great, but why? What was good and what impressed you?

I did mine with QA as well. I liked the trainer, she gave us plenty of “real life” examples, especially examples of how you would adapt PRINCE2 to your environment. I worked for a small charity at the time so that was useful, as governance in nonprofits is not the same as in the private sector.

Premier Icon brassneck
    Subscriber

Think someone here mentioned QA too, and they are one of the more expensive courses.

You need to get your company to negotiate a ‘skills licence’ – brings down the overall cost somewhat. Also worth asking them to call you with a last minute deal if you can be flexible – I have some great discounts when they needed a couple of extra bums on seats at short notice.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Are you, or do you know a Prince2 practitioner: recommend a training course.’ is closed to new replies.