Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Are you OCD about symmetry?
  • bedmaker

Then this fireplace was built speshly to annoy people like you. 😆

[/url]

weeksy

I’m not… but that just looks rubbish anyway.

legend
    Free Member

weeksy – Member

I’m not… but that just looks rubbish anyway.

This

Rubber_Buccaneer

What I dislike most about that is the arrangement of bricks directly over the fire, the one vertical and six horizontal ones

jonnyboi

I’m more annoyed by its shitness than the lack of symmetry.

Now, air vents on a car dashboard that aren’t lined up… I could kill over that

ads678

Yep whole thing looks shit, not just the symmetry, or lack of…

bedmaker

For me, I think the bonded brick on one side of the opening, and the stack on the other is the most upsetting.

hols2
    Free Member

What annoys me is people who can’t hold a camera level.

Haha @ hols2

As above, it’s just shit

However – my phone when in its car holder being used as a satnav and my dashcam both have to be totally level, otherwise it annoys the hell out of me

honourablegeorge

Built? Are we sure someone didn’t just accidentally drop a load of bricks and they happened to land like that?

belugabob
    Free Member

This is one of those occasions when you think “How stupid must that person be, to have got such a long chain of decisions completely and utterly wrong – whilst, at the same time failing to win a Darwin Award?”

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m more upset by the use of the word “speshly” but I have a feeling that was your intent.

Edit – you’ve also managed to post this in the bike forum. Top effort.

sirromj

I think it’s alright other than brick colour and salmon colour. Needs more horse brass.

jonnyboi

It’s like one of those pictures where you have to find 10 things that are different, but in this case it’s 10 things about it that are shit.

OP: please tell me you built this.

mark90
    Free Member

I can not bar mount a single light, either stem mount or two lights (matching, or course).

hodgynd
    Free Member

That doesn’t bother me in the slightest ..its only a pic ..and I don’t have to live with it

sssimon
    Free Member

I can not bar mount a single light, either stem mount or two lights (matching, or course).

How do you come with the fast only one side of your bike has drivetrain or brakes?

tjagain

Symmetry is not important to me but if it is not symmetrical it MUST accord to the golden ratio. Level / parallel is 100% essential. I had great issues with building my fireplace as the floor is not level at all. so if I made the mantelpiece level it was not parallel to the floor and as for the tiles on the hearth – not parallel to the mantelpiece or nor not aligned with the floor. It nearly drove me bonkers

mark90
    Free Member

How do you come with the fast only one side of your bike has drivetrain or brakes?

It makes me twitch, so I mostly ride my lads brakeless balance bike.

scotroutes

Nearly?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I think it looks ok; the salmon coloured bit should be painted the same colour as the wall.

I reckon if you’d put a radius instead of a corner on the left of the hearth, it might’ve been better.

The only bit that looks **** is it’s location within the wall; it’s too close to that alcovey bit on the left.

tjagain

Nah the actual fireplace is to far to the right as we look at it.

iainc

3 Thule racks on the roof bars, all distances from bar ends must match to within a few mm from each side, with the central point identified by a wee spot of marker pen…..

tjagain

Seems reasonable

simondbarnes

I’m failing to see an issue other than there is nothing burning.

bedmaker

I’m failing to see an issue other than there is nothing burning.

Here you go. 🙂

simondbarnes

Perfect 🙂

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

You need a big gap on one side for pokers,coal etc.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Or is it for a wood pile.Bet it would look good then.

obadiah
    Free Member

The kerb edge mastic seal is way too thick or perhaps you didn’t have a “normal” size gun and sealant tube to hand? If so still not forgiven

midlifecrashes

Was there a cooking range on there originally?

sharkbait
    Free Member

What that fireplace needs is a very big hammer.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Please say that was in situ when you moved into the property?

And that the property was;

Cheap.
    In a great location.
    Near good schools.

Or you’re squatting.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I’m warming to it.

Cougar

Symmetry is not important to me but if it is not symmetrical it MUST accord to the golden ratio. Level / parallel is 100% essential.

Neighbours up the road have recently had their front yard paved. Really good job, looks like expensive stuff. However, I live on a hill and it slopes with the road, one end is like four bricks lower than the other. It makes my teeth itch every time I walk past it.

Last week, my next door neighbours did the same thing. The bastards.

vickypea
    Free Member

I go out of my way to avoid symmetry. I avoid matching socks, earrings etc.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Are you OCD about symmetry?’ is closed to new replies.