• This topic has 62 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hels.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • are you happy living alone?
  • cinnamon_girl

😆 @ epicyclo. I’m billy no mates these days, can’t imagine that anyone would want to ride with me following that badger thread. 😳

I truly think man was meant to live with woman…

Couldn’t disagree more. I’m happier than I’ve ever been.

Purely out of interest – the people who are happy living on their own, were you a bit of a loner as a child? Does it necessarily follow?

footflaps

Yep, I think fundamentally I’m antisocial and quite like just being on my own and have been that way for quite some time…

singletrackmind

In the summer yes, i like living alone . In the winter say Nov – March its abit crap tbh. The constant darkness , cold, wet weather , very little sunshine grinds me down. In the summer its ace . No one to moan if i go out playing til 8pm , warm evenings , dry trails .
    Never lived with anyone so not sure whats its like. I know what i like and its a sort of regimented chaos. Not having to worry about what time food is ready , and having a full complement of freezer, microwave , dishwasher and tumble dryer means meals in minutes and domestic chore time minimised.
    Cant see it changing in the immediate future either.

flip
    Free Member

Yep, I think fundamentally I’m antisocial and quite like just being on my own and have been that way for quite some time…/

I thought that, and still am antisocial, but my wife and i do it together 8)

I truly love her.

_tom_
    Free Member

I enjoy living alone so long as I meet people on a regular enough basis that I don’t start to feel depressed or something! I’ve lived with a flatmate for the past 3 years at uni and it’s good but I honestly preferred the weekends when he buggered off to see his girlfriend and I had the place to myself 😆

Don’t get those people who constantly feel the need to be surrounded by others, alone time is good 🙂

singletrackmind

@ C.G . As a child no, not really ,middle of 3 children so always alot going on . Parents ( mum actually ) kept us all occupied and out and about with hikes, fruit picking , swimming , museums , country houses etc.
    Since obtaining a driving licence then yes worked alone for 7 years , and have spent alot of time alone fishing or cycling . Not sure if its deliberate, but thats the way it just is.
    Might not speak to anyone outside of work for a week or so sometimes.

plumber
    Free Member

I love living on my own

Plum

flip
    Free Member

Perhaps I know best why it is man alone who laughs; he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Love is life. All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. Everything is, everything exists, only because I love. Everything is united by it alone. Love is God, and to die means that I, a particle of love, shall return to the general and eternal source.

Leo Tolstoy

Nite nite x

cinnamon_girl

Tosh. 🙄

😉

djglover
    Free Member

The benefits of living alone:

12 hour w***athons.
    Not a lot else

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

😆

Cheeze you’d be puffing dust…

BillMC

DJ you suggesting that cohabitees don’t indulge in onanism?

Kuco

CG I wasn’t a loner as a child had 2 brothers 1 sister and loads of mates.

I love having my own place. Have had a couple of long term relationships, but always was happier on my own. I think i’m one of those people who just like the peace and quiet and solitude.

djglover
    Free Member

DJ you suggesting that cohabitees don’t indulge in onanism?

God no, I’m a major advocate of the danger****. But the 12 hour ****athon is the preserve of the single man

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But the 12 hour ****athon is the preserve of the single man

Ah to be a teenager once more…

😆

(BTW Djglover, I think it was you I got the term ‘puffing dust’ from! Did I laugh….)

djglover
    Free Member

It’s a line from Viz originally, Rogers profanasaurus to be precise. I cannot claim any credit.

juiced
    Free Member

i live alone and love it mostly. Good to have interest’s though and get out and about.

JCL
    Free Member

I have to live on my own. No woman would put up with all the others I bring back and film.

nonk
    Free Member

Are you happy living alone?

Well i dont live alone but i would say to you that you need to learn how to be before you go looking for another Mrs.
    My life became less complex once i worked this out.
    Best of luck with it.

ononeorange

As above – the secret is to learn to really get on with yourself, which many only really do when they’ve lived alone. Then you’re ready for a relationship – but only if you want.

odannyboy
    Free Member

ononeorange, i think that the closest thing to the truth.right now its an adjustment thing for me.

the main prob is the house is remote so nobody ever passes buy and if i do ever tempt a bird into coming back, once the cab comes of the main road onto the loooong farm road she’ll think she is entering the blair witch project!

organic355
    Free Member

djglover – Member
    I never lived alone for long. I couldnt be without sex on tap and my dinner cooked every night.

Dont ever get married then!!!

hels
    Free Member

Have shared flats, lived with partners, and now live alone and it’s ace.

Downside – you have to pay all the bills, it’s always your turn to do the dishes, nobody to whinge to except the cat.

Upside – you can watch whatever you want on the tele, keep your bikes whevever you damn well please and the cat is always extremely supportive.

It just takes more planning – couples don’t have to plan they can just come home and decide what they are doing, solos have to arrange things more in advance.

You have to be more creative with holidays.

It would take some very significant benefits to make me share my living space again !

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘are you happy living alone?’ is closed to new replies.