• This topic has 85 replies, 73 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Tom-B.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • Are you going to your works xmas party/meal
  • Hopk1ns
    Free Member

I’m not….they seem to be taking it personally. Think they must all be insecure.

root
    Free Member

Nope and someone has a whinge at me every year.

stevied
    Free Member

No. Impending birth of #2 and the fact that it’s 25 miles away (15 more than work) means it’s not possible.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lifer
    Free Member

Nah, I just work here. And I have actual friends who I’d rather spend time with.

TiRed

Already been. I take our relatively small group to a nice restaurant in London for lunch every year. Alain Ducasse, Helene Darozze, Apsley’s They all do lunches for less that £50 pp. Just don’t go mad with the wine list, and don’t look at the dinner prices 😯 .

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

No, new baby girl meant not possible. Didn’t go last year either, as missus working and no baby sitter for the boy.
    No one died.
    I will bring beer (fff Alton Pride, best beer in the universe, and brewed by my mate) in on the last day though so they all know I still love them.

mrhoppy

No but I was on hols so it was a decent excuse.

scaled
    Free Member

I declined the invitation but went for a couple of drinks before hand. Seems it was the usual carnage

aP
    Free Member

Nope, I’ve got tonsillitis.

matts
    Free Member

Sadly not (it was last night) as I’ve had the Flu of Doom™

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/riding-after-a-chest-infectionbronchitis

Bit of a shame really, as it was at Madame Tussauds, and looks to have been a bit of a lark.

binners

Not a chance! I used to make excuses for why I wasn’t going. Now I just tell the truth. That I’d rather spend the evening watching back to back Adam Sandler films, Clockwork Orange style! Everyone thinks I’m a miserable ****! I couldn’t care less!

gazc
    Free Member

no as baby was ill with tonsilitus so pulled the short straw. sounded like it was gash anyway – was on monday so we could have a joint one with the arses in our london office (ffs – worst day ever for xmas do) and everyone was home by 8pm. used to be a good laugh, but now tedious and just an excuse for the boss to flash some cash. we’re heading out tomorrow for xmas beers without the boss so will be a LOT better 😀

sandwicheater

Yes however, as it’s just me and my wife in the business she may get the hump if i didn’t show.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Not this year as working nights so will be at work while the lads are getting wankered down the pub !

hjghg5
    Free Member

No to the party (last week), yes to the team meal (in about 20 minutes)

ads678

Yep, this Saturday. It’s a good craic, we have a few drinks, a meal, bit of dancing/drunken messing about, they put us up in a hotel, partners welcome and we get a hotel breakfast the next morning. As a parent of 4 and 6 year olds we don’t get out too much these days so this makes for a good night out with the missus.

PJ266
    Free Member

Yes, it’s free food and booze with people who I see out of work too, a fair number of which I ride with.

Working in the cycling industry does mean I am more likely to have something in common with my colleagues though I guess.

Should be fun!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nope, but with the office being in the States, understandably so!

Am going to the LBS’s Christmas knees up, though.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

That I’d rather spend the evening watching back to back Adam Sandler films

Hey, come on, that’s a bit strong. I would have expected to be spat in the face for saying that.

Sandwich

Yes, well I better had as I organised it.

Lifer
    Free Member

binners – Member

Not a chance! I used to make excuses for why I wasn’t going. Now I just tell the truth. That I’d rather spend the evening watching back to back Adam Sandler films, Clockwork Orange style! Everyone thinks I’m a miserable ****! I couldn’t care less!

I was temping years ago and the permanent guy I was working with was asked why he wasn’t going to the party because it was going to be such a laugh with the ‘usual going-out crowd going’…

“Awwww….you don’t actual think I like any of you..do you?”

I had to get out of the office sharpish – 😯 followed rapidly by 😆 😆 😆

muzzle
    Free Member

I’m going on mine. Looking forward to it.

Am I banned from the forum now?

Rorschach
    Free Member

It would be bad form.I quit yesterday.

Suggsey
    Free Member

My ex work colleagues invited me but as I’ve been retired just over fourteen months now I have no affinity to be in their domain listening to ‘ war stories’ and I am happy and content with my new life and I don’t even drink much or often these days so it would have been a pointless exercise in watching other people getting hammered…..well those that turn up, after last years poor showing which I did put myself out to go to.
    To be honest I really believe Christmas is over hyped all round for money making and little to do with family and close friends.
    PS Bah Humbug 😆

xherbivorex
    Free Member

not really, but since my sole co-worker in my department was my mate before he started working here the curry and film night we had at my place the other night could be classed as one i suppose?

br
    Free Member

Yep, but ours is organised for late January to miss the ‘season’.

Paid by the firm for self and partner, should be fun plus we’ll make a night of it by staying over (at our cost).

matts
    Free Member

so we could have a joint one with the arses in our london office

Like a pantomime donkey?

matts
    Free Member

To be honest I really believe Christmas is over hyped all round for money making and little to do with family and close friends.

I’d write a long piece about how much I agree with you. but I need to pop out and buy the kids some trainers from Sports Direct.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Ours is tonight. Drinks then curry. The boss has already made a joke about getting the office junior to man the fort tomorrow, so I’m (and everyone else is) taking that as permission to not bother coming in tomorrow. 🙂

mattrgee
    Free Member

Official one, no. Alternative, real ale and pie night, yes!

lunge

Yep, I’m going. A nice meal with partners first then some will push on for the debauchery later. I shall have a quick drink after the meal and then make my excuses.

Mackem

Aye, tomorrow. Dull dull dull.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Me and the dog might go to the chippy on the way home one evening. Over and above that it strikes me as unlikely given that I work on my own.

GregMay
    Free Member

Missed my team lunch, and group lunch due to being sick this week. Add to that missing my old bike shops party last night and it’s been a rather antisocial week. Cheaper though…

cupra
    Free Member

Went to my team lunch which was good fun. I have however swerved the organisation ‘get togethers’.

mrflaky
    Free Member

Yep, ours was last weekend, well Thursday to Sunday snowboarding in Austria, which was nice 🙂

Monday was a bit of a struggle being back in the office.

_tom_
    Free Member

Might go out for a few pints with then tonight if I have time but I’m not too fussed if I miss it tbh! They’re colleagues not friends.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes, it’s tomorrow night

I have a hotel room (well a Travelodge, so not really a hotel) booked as well.

Beginning to think it wasn’t such a good idea 😐

binners

Lifer
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmm Sally Phillips

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘Are you going to your works xmas party/meal’ is closed to new replies.