Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)
  • Are you fattist?
  • 69er
    Free Member

After derek_starships unintentionally hilarious thread, I would like to pose the question:

Is it human nature to be fattist?

Quite a few jumped on the piss taking bandwagon, as you would expect. This is a public forum after all. But there wasn't much sympathy in the air until derek reacted.

The image that provoked the responses:

I don't consider myself to be (too) fattist but have mates that are merciless in their critcism. And will comment on anyone, including me, who carries as much as a spare ounce.

firestarter
    Free Member

no im not your mum is 🙂

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

no it's gingers i can't abide.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Yes, and gingerist.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with gingers…..well the female kind……the male kind are freaks

lowey

I bet Derek is made up that you have posted the picture again.

Personally I couldnt give a toss. I'm rather rotund myself.

uplink
    Free Member

I don't consider myself to be (too) fattist but have mates that are merciless in their critcism. And will comment on anyone, including me, who carries as much as a spare ounce.

What? men commenting on the appearance of other men, do they talk about the latest diets too? – I thought that was the preserve of insecure girls?

ah well – enlightened times I suppose

donald
    Free Member

I'm fattish

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Not "fatt"ist per se, just "-ist".

I'll gladly take the piss out of anyone about anything – sex, colour, religion, size, sexual preference, type of bike, facial hair, dress sense etc etc without any prejudice.

If they want to give as good as they get in return, that's absolutely fine. Good for toughening the skin!

Stoner
    Free Member

Im not surprised that hurt. What with derek being so sensitive and all….

Its the religious that annoy me.
    Fat bishops though? Now we're talking…

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Fat people look funny, it's as simple as that. We can't help laughing at them in the same way that we can't help laughing when someone gets their head stuck in railings.

Now, a fat person with their head stuck in railings, that would be f***** hilarious!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'm not fattist, but I dont think being fat is a good idea in general and so I tend to discourage and dislike it (I'm a bit chunky at the moment myself!). But I think fattist is another level entirely, that would be discriminating against people rather than just having an opinion on their appearance. If I were to stop a fat person from coming into my home, that'd be fattist. If I were to say that person is fat and that I dont think it's a good idea isnt fattist.

But then I think an athletic form is the best, both in terms of looks and health, and in general that's pretty much borne out by science and everyday evidence.

Nezbo
    Free Member

I am a red head, and the people un-liking ginger people are prejudice, if some one was prejudice about the colour of someone’s skin would be racist.

So I think this post is both offensive and racist.

So as a result

lobby_dosser = racist wan*er

and also

barnsleymitch = racist wan*er

BigDummy
    Free Member

I hadn't seen derek's thread. That looks astonishingly sore. 😯

I probably am fattist, yes. A very large chunk of my self-worth is tied up in working hard on the bike and keeping in good shape. The thought of having a proper belly on scares the hell out of me, and I certainly do take that out on people who have one. Not a very nice trait. 🙁

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Ginger… Fat… Head stuck in railings… OMG, I think I just wet myself!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am a red head, and the people unliking ginger a predigest, if some one was predigest about the colour of someones skin would be racist.

Just preserving this piece of phonetically-spelt rage in case the edit function spoils it for everyone. 🙂

Dougal
    Free Member

I am a red head, and the people unliking ginger a predigest, if some one was predigest about the colour of someones skin would be racist.

What I really hate is folk who can't spell.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No, not at all.

Its the bankers that annoy me.
    Fat banker though? Now we're talking…

Dougal
    Free Member

SNAP!

firestarter
    Free Member

a fat ginger dwarf with head stuck in railings in a tux . Now id pay to see that 🙂

Nezbo
    Free Member

BigDummy and Dougal i am dyslexic sorry 🙂

I have corrected it now. 😳

BigDummy
    Free Member

I thought you might be. The result was a masterpiece, please don't think I'm laughing at you. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

I'm dyslexicist.

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

a fat ginger dwarf with head stuck in railings in a tux . Now id pay to see that

Tears rolling down my face at the thought!!! 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

I suspect we all feel better* than those in a position we consider worse than our own, if it's a position we consider the person has put themselves in (eating too much etc) rather than one they have no choice over (skin/hair colour etc).

*when I say better, I mean we feel our position is more "correct" – otherwise we'd all struggle to be more like them than ourselves.

vdubber67
    Free Member

Aren't most MTBers fat, middle aged blokes…

(Joke!)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

#
    Forking Our Souls – Member

Ginger… Fat… Head stuck in railings… OMG, I think I just wet myself!
    Posted 10 minutes ago # Report-Post
    [quote]#
    Forking Our Souls – Member

a fat ginger dwarf with head stuck in railings in a tux . Now id pay to see that

Tears rolling down my face at the thought!!!
    Posted 1 minute ago # Report-Post
    [/quote]

Please remind us every 9 mins Forked Soles. It's important for me to know if you are still finding it amusing.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

I think this post has got a little too serious, i think it was jmeant to be just a light-hearted post, but as usual, the "I take myself so seriously" crew, have done just that

toomanybikes
    Free Member

vdubber67…..potential ones i would say

Nezbo
    Free Member

BigDummy – no worries, not to assed about my spelling crap 🙂 it is a disability I have to deal with. 🙂

I have just had the ginger crap all my life and I have a seriously bad temper about it, and it pi**es me off on a major scale.

GrahamS

To quote Jimmy Carr:

Someone came up to me last week and complained about a joke… quite a big-boned girl.

She said: "I think you're fattist."

I said: "No…. I think you're fattest".

(PS Not seen my cock in four years and I have to look in a mirror to see if my socks match)

toomanybikes
    Free Member

Nezbo…..hair dye

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I have corrected it now.

No you haven't. Clue – 'un-liking'.

😉

I don't have a problem with fat people, just the ones who won't admit its all their doing.

Nezbo
    Free Member

toomanybikes – sorry mate i dont work, i just look like a chav :*

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

sorry nezbo if you've suffered all your life with this.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

so you're a chavist

amatuer

Time to get this discusssion back on track . . . .

Tax the fat bast@rds! Smokers contribute to the NHS through high tax on ciggies, drinkers pay high beer tax so why shouldn't the greedy. I work in Glasgow – the fat capital of Britain and they annoy the hell out of me. They should pay more for buses & trains as they take up more space, their clothes should be more expensive as they need more material. And I'm sick of hearing them blaming it on fat genes. Bollocks! You should see the queue outside Greggs at lunchtime.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

another good reason to cast the sweaties loose from England

Surfr
    Free Member

Banter is what makes Britian Great. If you can't take it, try France. It is full of cry babies.

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

No way, not here.

I think fat kids are best, you know, Generation XXL; solving the pensions crisis.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Are you fattist?’ is closed to new replies.