Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Are you an overviewer or a forum tabber?
  • sc-xc

Seen a few posts recently saying things like ‘I don’t go on the bike forum…’

Doesn’t everyone just click the overview tab?

donsimon
    Free Member

Separate tabs for both forums here. Isn’t the overview a bit complicated as everything is mixed up?

Junkyard
    Free Member

do both but I have less to say on the bikes threads. I give practical advice there where I have it but stay away from arguing about what bike is this that or the other I have serious issues to talk bosh* about instead.
    I dont bother being silly on the bike thread [except to mates] as I figure when Ipost there I want actual advice that is useful in the real world.
    * bosh :baloney: pretentious or silly talk or writing

PeteG55
    Free Member

Just run the overview, just look at the stuff that catches my eye.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Overview. It’s like how the forum used to be.

spooky_b329

Overview here too, like it the old way!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Never even noticed the ‘overview’ tab until you mentioned it. I just click on the green ‘forum’ button on the top line.

transporter13
    Free Member

mamadirt +1 😳

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

From the dropdown website address list I come straight to the chat forum everytime.

Never look at the overview, only go on Bike if it’s particularly boring chat or I have a specific bike query.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I have Mamadirt’s forum activity bit on me favourites, so I can keep up with her tiny bike buying antics! 🙂

It’s not verr efficient though; I think a live news ticker would be better.

druidh
    Free Member

Overview – but it’s interesting to see the names that never crop up on the Bike side. Makes me wonder why they bother posting here at all really.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Cos it’s fun, innit! 🙂

TBh, hardly any bike-only threads are all that interesting, unless you’re looking for specific answers to technical issues, or discussing rides. Stuff like bearings, tyres or geometry are interminably boring to me really. And most of the most interesting and long-running threads are in the chat forum.

I’ll try to be helpful on a technical thread, if I can offer any helpful advice, but generally I don’t bother.

All the cool kids are on the chat forum anyway…. 8)

simonralli2
    Free Member

Druid

Well some of us bought our bikes a few years ago, and we err, just go out and ride them! No need to get mixed up in all that bling and tecchie talk about sprockets and cogs and ratios and stuff.

I for one just use the single view, but do enjoy looking at people’s photos of their new bikes and where they ride : )

trout
    Free Member

bit of a channel changer here flip between all 3

does that mean low attention span

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yeah I come on here as it’s fun. All the techy bike stuff bores me unless I’m about to purchase a new one.

iDave
    Free Member

I never go on the bike forum. I like riding them, no interest in discussing them.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Only really go on the bike forum.

no offence meant, but some of the chuff written by some on the chat forum is neither interesting or entertaining. Actually thinking about it, every offence meant. 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No actually none taken SA. We’re quite happy for you to stay away from the fun stuff. We’re not going to miss you. 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So I think what we’re really saying is that there are some people (who probably register significanly on the autism spectrum) who like talking about bikes in minute detail, and then there are interesting and entertaining people.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Are you an overviewer or a forum tabber?’ is closed to new replies.