Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Are you a mountain biker or a cyclist?
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

motorcyclist.

someone calling themselves that would bring a tear of joy to my dear old sadly departed dad. he hated being called a ‘biker’ and would always retort ‘no, i’m a motorcyclist.’

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Both….all rolled into one!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

cyclist. I don’t use a road bike but I MTB, tour, commute and just ride bikes

Sam

all mtbers are cyclists but not all cyclists are mtbers, not everyone who rides an mtb is a cyclist. Needs a venn diagram….

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Dandy horse pilot.

rewski
    Free Member

I’m with TJ, commute with skinnies on my mtb, but really ride xc with hills

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

rewski – Member

I’m with TJ,

😯 *looks around*

where you hiding?

rewski
    Free Member

I’m not telling you.

swiss01
    Free Member

i was going to declare my status as a velocipedist.

but dandy horse pilot!? i’ll be one of them….

sor
    Free Member

I reckon I must be a cyclist.

I own an mtb. It’s cheap, heavy, I’m not very brave on it, don’t get rad air, and don’t speed down any big hills. But I love getting out and getting it muddy.
    I also own a road bike. I don’t own any lycra, don’t ride it 2 inches from another rider in front, and don’t shave my legs. But I love getting out on a bright day and feeling miles and miles of country roads roll by fast.

But much more often than those put together, I am out on what can only be described as my hack commuter bike. I use it to get to work, to get to the shops, to visit my friends, to get around everywhere avoiding the pain and price of public transport or running a car. If I could only have one bike, it’d be this one. I’d use for everything and to go everywhere. And I’d still be neither a mountain biker or a roadie.

toppers3933
    Free Member

dunno. i ride bikes. i once went to a ctc meeting(for work) that was full of ‘cyclists’ and ive never felt like ive had soo little in common with a group of people in my life.

cookeaa

all mtbers are cyclists but not all cyclists are mtbers, not everyone who rides an mtb is a cyclist. Needs a venn diagram…

bob on…

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Cyclist.

Started out pure mountainbiker but now do a bit of road* and commute too.

All riding is good. (Even those ‘jumps and stunts’ bikes with no saddles the local kids ride 🙂

*Still wear my peaky helmet to wind the ‘real’ roadies up though 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Are you a mountain biker or a cyclist?’ is closed to new replies.