Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Are we worried that Tracey Emin is thinking of emigrating?
  • uponthedowns
    Free Member

To avoid the new 50% income tax band

Or she could stay in blighty and take advice from the BBC's accountants

Wonder how many of those earning above £150k will end up paying this?

Why not a 25% flat rate of tax and cut out any and all loopholes so everyone pays it? Might end up increasing the tax take and would be cheaper to administrate.

fastindian
    Free Member

it might well be cheaper to administer and if your on £150k I've no doubt youd be laughing but if your on £15k probably doesnt look like such a great idea! As for tracey emin the sooner shes on the other side of the channel and conning the french into buying her cr*p, sorry art the better!!

brakes
    Free Member

only issue with her leaving is the question of who is going to take her mantle as UK's most repugnant woman?

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Current tax thresholds could be kept, or increased as they're not complicated to administer and would encourage people to work rather than live on benefits.

Philby

It's worrying that someone who produces such rubbish masquerading as art has an income over £150k a year.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Who? I've never heard of her.

Nico
    Free Member

Surely she is just going to live abroad – not emigrating. Rich people do it all the time. Didn't "bad boy rebels" the rolling stones do it in the 70s? And Paul Daniels threatened to do it if Nu Labour won an election. Many credit him with the 1997 landslide.

IanMunro
    Free Member

“The French have lower tax rates and they appreciate arts and culture,” said Emin.

Well that's her f*cked then 🙂

GEDA
    Free Member

I did a google images search on her name. My god she's a genius.

GEDA
    Free Member

Did she become famous for appearing on big brother or something?

crikey
    Free Member

No love, that's what an over-rated, over-paid, over-inflated ego looks like.

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

who is going to take her mantle as UK's most repugnant woman?

Think there will be a fair few contenders for that title

Ms Winehouse must be in the running along with that vile woman with the huge enhanced chest (can't remember her name though)

Oh and then there is Thatcher too

hopster
    Free Member

Opinionated self important person. I'd drive her to the airport myself. Good riddance.

jam-bo

i think she is ace.

particularly how much she winds up middle aged IT managers….

simonk
    Free Member

Hope the door smacks her hard in the ass on the way out.

SamiRose
    Free Member

Opinionated self important person. I'd drive her to the airport myself. Good riddance.

Says opinionated Man on forum.

I like her.Her work is interesting and Artists aren't meant to produce art that either everyone enjoys or gets. Thats the point. I think it is a shame she's not prepared to pay 50% tax on her earnings over 150K a year.

Matt (Not Sami)

CountZero

Frankly, she doesn't have the saving grace of being a technically good artist behind all the hype. I could have bought a limited edition etching of hers at the RA Summer Exhibition this year. It would have been kinda cool to say I own an original Tracy Emmin, but TBH it just wasn't very well drawn, and I certainly wouldn't want to look at it every day. It might be an investment, but if it has to live in a drawer, what's the point?

thomthumb
    Free Member

personally i like her and her work. art is not good or bad – it is subjective.

however complaining of a government with no interst in culture and then in the next breath moaning about the olympics just sounds like a whinging artist moaning about having to pay more tax – not a argument made of substance.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Paging Brian Sewell, your presence is required here.

hora
    Free Member

More importantly I'd ruin/fling her allover from the neck down. From the neck up though I'd err…..run

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Doesn't she sketch pictures of her t**t with a crayon?

Is that good? I'm not bothered.

DrJ

Dunno. Is that good?

Who judges?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Whilst no art critic I find her “art” to be poorly executed. Her tent with the names of everyone she had slept with was amazingly poor in terms of its embroidery.
    She is great at publicity but frankly the fact that as a wealthy individual she is not willing to help those less well off than herself makes her morality as poor as her so called art.
    Can we just make a rule that if she goes she does not come back?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Oh dear. Ill-thought-out tax policy forces tiresome artist to emigrate.

There's just nothing to love about this. 8)

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

a wealthy individual she is not willing to help those less well off

Good point well made. She should stay and pay her way.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

The above is rubbish, poorly drawn, a "women?" with defo mens legs/calfs a unkept snatch and vinegar tits !

Im no critic but do you "catch my drift?" 😕

DrJ

Im no critic

Indeed you're not – you don't recognise an Egon Schiele drawing when you see one. My point was that – even if you don't like it, or find it accessible, or comfortable – there is a body of opinion that values some things that you do not, rightly or wrongly.

falkirk-mark

Any of her work I have seen is shite and she is obviously robbing whoever is giving her cash ,so if the government are robbing her then WGAF. what goes round comes round

uplink
    Free Member

……..Tracey Emin is thinking of emigrating?

Is there anything we can do to firm up the decision for her?

iDave
    Free Member

she's the only person i dislike purely on the basis of her face

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

DrJ – Member

Im no critic

Indeed you're not – you don't recognise an Egon Schiele drawing when you see one. My point was that – even if you don't like it, or find it accessible, or comfortable – there is a body of opinion that values some things that you do not, rightly or wrongly.

Well that "body of opinion" should leave this island with the artist, good riddance to them all.

At it's best it's GCSE level art.

DrJ

she's the only person i dislike purely on the basis of her face

You dislike someone because they have a physical deformity? Nice guy.

DrJ

OK – Egon Schiele – GCSE level.
    How about Van Gogh – did he make A level?
    Shakespeare – couldn't spell for toffee. O level failure?
    Any more words of cultural wisdom for us?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I rather admire Tracey. As can be seen from some of the (arguably, misogynistic) reactions here, her art is AT LEAST extremely provocative. I detect much of the "spirit of '77" in it. Apart from the tiresome old arguments from stuckist types about what is or is not "proper" art (oh, please….), it's her life and her money and she can do what she likes with them. I think there's more than a trace of good old british sniffy dissapproval and jealousy in the criticisms. 🙄

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

DrJ – Member
    Shakespeare – couldn't spell for toffee. O level failure?

Probably not DrJ 😳

We should agree we have different opinion's about what is "art", this argument has not and will never be finialised.

One of my favorites below DrJ, but looks like a lunatic has painted it 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Shakespeare – couldn't spell for toffee.

Well that explains a lot.
    And I was expected to understand that nonsense ?…..ffs

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Are we worried that Tracey Emin is thinking of emigrating?’ is closed to new replies.