Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Are there any decent, reliable online bike shops?
  • submarined
    Free Member

CRC/Wiggle have always been great for me. Used them since the 90s.
    M about vote for Merlin, but also a big shout to Bikegoo and Biketart
    Neither have the range of CRC, but both are super friendly, fast, and generally well priced.

mehr
    Free Member

CRC/Wiggle are the only ones who have delivered when they say they will over the last two months.

If you want to price chase be prepared to wait. It’s taken 3 weeks from ordering for some silver Pike DJs turn up and I’m currently 10 days in waiting for some DMR Lacons to come. I’ve saved over £250 but lost a rideable bike in that time, so pick your poison

reluctantjumper

Cyclebasket is the old Nelson Cycles, it’s in llangynidr not Crickhowell. I think the current owner is the original owner’s son, he Ballard things up when he originally took it over by oissing off all the core customers his dad had built up. Good to hear they’re getting their act together again.

SaxonRider

I have never had a problem with CRC/Wiggle. Merlin, however, has been superb of late.

frankconway

Just a correction and update to earlier post.
    Mantel use UPS, not DHL.
    Order with them placed Tuesday evening, picked Wednesday morning, now with carrier, delivery by cob Friday.
    I would say that’s impressive in current circumstances; it’s like business as usual.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Crc/wiggle have never been an issue for me but I use click and collect to avoid the usual Herpes shenanigans.

Merlin have always been good as have SJS, Wistanleys and Tredz too for that matter. Sprockets are near me but they don’t advertise anything they don’t have in stock, they have accounts with the usual names though so can get it in at LBS prices.

Bike Discount are another I have shopped with. Decent prices especially for service items but as said slow. Understandable though.

andrewreay

Not had bad service from almost all of the above over the years. Would also praise Halfords and Cycle Republic (RIP).

CRC not as quick as they used to be, but perfectly fine.

Seems to be a bit of a cliche to lambast Hermes. They have an app now, and regular delivery updates, starting from the point they obtain the parcel. So in terms of visibility, on a par with UPS and DPD in many ways. Plus my local Hermes courier is a legend.

Just for reference, had a small (500g) personal parcel to post that needed next day. Paid £8.80 for RM Special Delivey Next Day by 1pm. Dropped off at the High Street Post Office in the early morning (9.15), but it still arrived 48 hours later.

No one is immune from the demands of COVID19 it would seem.

ampthill

Merlin have been good

I have to say SPA cycles are worth a look. The website can be a challenge, in that it is a long list, I found CTRL+F helped

They had a bottom bracket in stock that none of the big guys had. I did a custom ratio chainset from them on the phone. I told him what ratios i wanted middle of Wednesday, it arrived Friday. Rapid service even during lock down

boardmanfs18

Have ordered a few things from SJS, is anybody finding they take ages to turn up ?

kilo

As above really

Spa cycles
    Sjs slow at the moment but tracking shows the problem is Royal Mail
    Wiggle (but delivered to collection point)
    Merlin
    Galibier for clothing
    Sigma (tend to just go there tbh)
    Bike24
    Ribble (seems to hold less kit than they used to)

All been good ime

failedengineer

Another vote for Merlin, although they don’t hold the amount of stock that CRC/Wiggle do, I always give them first ‘refusal’.

snotrag

Not Tweeks Cycles.

Ordered some tyres. Got first email, then nothing. No indication of ETA or current status.

Day 5, 6, 7, logged in, no update, tried to call helpline, outrageously long waits, couldnt get through, cut off once.

Day 8, emailed requesting a cancellation.
    Day 8, later that afternoon – Logged in and it says my order has been completed.
    Day 8, later that evening – Microsoft Outlook cannot deliver your message, inbox is full.

Day 11 – still waiting. No idea where my tyres are.

F@@@ing rubbish.

CRC and Wiggle have been fine, normal service is a maybe a day longer than usual but if you pay for next day it does come next day.

BillOddie

Bikegoo, TF Tuned, Bike-discount, Wiggle (generally use them rather than CRC as I get discount), Sport Pursuit, Amazon (only place that seemed to have a XT brake lever in stock) and Merlin have all been great all things considered over the last few weeks.

To be honest I haven’t had an issue with many places in the last few months.

aberdeenlune
    Free Member

Last two of my four parcels came through today. All ordered last Sunday/Monday so no complaints. Mantel sent me two chains ordered Monday arrived Friday. CRC mix of bike bits and cleaning stuff ordered Sunday arrived Thursday. Merlin ordered two sets of bar tape Monday arrived Thursday. Bike Barn hub parts ordered Sunday arrived Friday.

Happy with that so internet shopping still works fine.

zerolight
    Free Member

I use CRC, Wiggle, SJS, bikediscount.de,r2bike, merlin most. Winstanleys, Tweeks, JEJames, and a bunch of others have been fine too.

johncoventry

Just used SJS Cycles. Excellent service as always. Goods received within 3 days.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Good – Merlin, Bike24, bikediscount, SJS, HighOn Bikes

I’ve had no problem with – CRC, Wiggle

I’ve had stock issues with – Tredz

kerley
    Free Member

Got some tyre from Sigma, took 5 days, got a saddle from Wiggle, took 2 days. Both items order last Sunday.

I am finding Hermes fine via Wiggle but that maybe because I am in the house all the time so no risk of any missed deliveries, items delivered to mystery neighbours etc,.

northernsoul

Agree with much of the above – I’ve not really had any problems with Hermes/Wiggle/CRC. SJS has a great service and often has parts hard to find anywhere else. I’ve also used Winstanleys and JE James quite a few times without problems, plus others like Pedalon, Ribble, Petra, and Fawkes occasionally when they’ve had offers on things like tyres/tubes. Ebay can be a bit of a lottery, but some of the online cycle retailers (tri-sport_resort/Wiggle, Fawkes) also have Ebay shops, which can be a good place to look for bargains.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Are there any decent, reliable online bike shops?’ is closed to new replies.