Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Are the On-One wheels any good ?
  • bigsi
    Free Member

I know they are not going to be fantastic for the price but how good are they?

Are they strong or do they go out of true at the first hit. Any one had any problems with them?

Anyone got any alternative suggestions for a cheapish set of 29er wheels without blowing the budget.

Cheers

jfeb
    Free Member

I have had a set for 6 months or so, although they havent had that much use. I am 80kg, ride them rigid and haven’t been shy of small drops etc. So far they have stayed perfectly true.

mudshark
    Free Member

I’ve used them for a few years – tough but not light.

bigsi
    Free Member

cheers jfeb, are you riding 26″ or 29″ ?

brant
    Free Member

I’ve used them for a few years

I think you’re thinking of a different pair.

mudshark
    Free Member

Oh, have they changed then?!

markenduro
    Free Member

I have a set of the older six bolt planet x hubbed 29er wheels with reetard rims, they have stayed fairly true and have had a fair amount of abuse, I’m about 17stone. Rear hub is just starting to show a bit of play in the bearings, I think they are cartridge bearings although I haven’t looked yet. They will be a good set of wheels to get you rolling and a solid spare set if you ever upgrade.

bigsi
    Free Member

cheers guys looks like I had better get the credit card out 🙄

Kuco

If it’s the same as who builds the Planet X wheels then I can recommend them. Been using a set on my cx bike on bridleways and around local woods and are staying true.

jfeb
    Free Member

Mine are 29″, by the way

Brainflex

Had some on my single speed for at least five years now with no problems.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Same as Brainflex from me as well.

Retard ones are re-t-hard

ton

si, i used some for about a year.
    good as gold. reetard ones.

leighz
    Free Member

rims are strong but build quality’s not that much cop – I kept breaking spokes on mine until I rebuilt them (and found there was some bodged filing/friday afternoon wheelbuilding going on with rim tape removed)

mefty
    Free Member

Centerlock adaptors also dont seem to work on them

29erKeith
    Free Member

Rim in general on mine seems strong (29er SS Rigid)

But! The bearings lasted a little over 6 months and then a month or two later the freehub is knackered, the teeth where the freehub engages on inside of the hub are sh*gged, so the wheel’s being rebuilt with new hub

but I have a couple of mates with the same hubs on 26ers which are fine.

finnegan
    Free Member

I have Reetard wheels (26″) on both my bikes – they’ve been good as gold for years, even doing stuff you’re not supposed to do (a couple of miles of bridleway on an unrepairable flat, ahem).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Are the On-One wheels any good ?’ is closed to new replies.