Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Are the Argies eyeing up The Falklands again?
  • deviant
    Free Member

Who cares about the funny south american people anyway?….nice cities and on the surface they have burgeoning economies but poverty is rife once you get out in the sticks and the general standard of education is poor…same with places like Russia, China etc….massive wealth (for a few) and then the rest are really very poor.
    This country and most of europe is magnificent by comparison….i’m in favour of the government spending loads on our military again and putting the colonies in their place.

If there is the remotest chance of oil in the Falklands then they should be kept under British sovereignty.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I don’t know if that’s a fact about shortages of vegetables and eggs. You can’t trust the BBC IMO – I think they spout a lot establishment propaganda.

wrecker
    Free Member

Down to one egg apiece for breakfast!
    What a non-story 🙄

freeagent
    Free Member

It does appear the media are hellbent on whipping this up into more than it is…

HMS Dauntless hasn’t gone to the Falklands, its in Plymouth.
    It is due to sail on deployment to the South Atlantic at the end of March, but this has been planned for a while (a good few months at least)
    There is every chance that one of the V-Boats (Trident) is/was in that part of the world, but the Argies have no way of finding out, and no way of detecting it.
    I’m sure there are other RN/RFA vessels (inc subs) due to deploy to the South Atlantic during 2012, but they will be on operations that were planned months ago.
    I can assure you I’ve got my facts straight on this, as i’m the chap within my organisation responsible for sending civilian Engineers out to meet various RN/RFA vessels on deployed operations..

yunki
    Free Member

i’m in favour of the government spending loads on our military again and putting the colonies in their place.

now there’s an unfashionable opinion vigorously stated with aplomb.. 😀

aracer
    Free Member

OK, you want to carry on playing the simplton aracer – you know full well that I wouldn’t dispute that the US could take control of large chunks of Brazil, if it so wanted to.

Being pedantic, not playing stupid – as is required when you attempt to prove a point by moving the goalposts. Just to be pedantic, you’re the one who tried to discredit a suggestion that the US might defend it’s interests by removing some of Brazil’s offensive ability by suggesting that the only end objective of any military action between the US and Brazil would be for the US to occupy Brazil.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Being pedantic, not playing stupid – as is required when you attempt to prove a point by moving the goalposts. Just to be pedantic…………………..

yeah yeah yeah, you’re right and I’m wrong aracer…….now go and knock one out to celebrate.

In the meantime, I will bask in the smug satisfaction that despite posting the longest post in recent history, the only reaction that infantile herberts like you could manage, was to get all anal about the definition of winning a war.

And yes aracer, I fully expect you to now scroll back up the previous page and go through my post again with a fine tooth comb, as you attempt to find something else to get all anal about. Go on, do it – you know you want to.

devs
    Free Member

thekingisdead
    Free Member

There is every chance that one of the V-Boats (Trident) is/was in that part of the world, but the Argies have no way of finding out, and no way of detecting it.

I’m not so sure of that. A Hunter/Killer will definintely be down there, but a bomber? It’d be pointless chest pumping, the international community (mainly the US) would never allow a nuclear strike against a non-nuclear nation (that isn’t muslim ;-))

The V-boats generally sit around the north atlantic hiding under the ice sheets from russian satellites 🙂

IMVHO.

scraprider
    Free Member

Ha ha nice one devs.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Devs – best caption ever

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

If we had non routine deployment subs or ships going out their, it wouldn’t be publicised.

freeagent
    Free Member

thekingisdead – you’re probably right, no reason for them to be down there, and certainly no way of us/anyone knowing..
    It bemuses me that the Argies are complaining to the UN about us sending one down there, when they’ve got no way of finding out where they are…

aracer
    Free Member

It bemuses me that the Argies are complaining to the UN about us sending one down there, when they’ve got no way of finding out where they are…

It’s political posturing – they know that we won’t comment on the location of Trident to confirm or deny, so it’s cheap point scoring to make such a claim. Presumably they expect some people to take such a claim at face value – such as the population of other South American countries.

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Are the Argies eyeing up The Falklands again?’ is closed to new replies.