Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Are SID’s worth the upgrade? (from Rebas)
  • fatmountain
    Free Member

Hi all,

I got a new bike – yes, for some reason, I am tempted to buy new suspension for it. 100mm travel – I currently have REBAS, but are SIDs worth the extra expense?

Cheers

philjunior
    Free Member

They might be worth the extra expense if you were buying them instead, but buying another pair of forks then getting whatever you can for the Rebas, probably not.
    The lower levels of SID have at times been heavier than the higher levels of Reba anyway, of course if you are going for the full on top end SID, the cost of your OE reba is a drop in the ocean, but you might want to look elsewhere on the bike to save weight in a more cost effective manner first.
    Edit – also of course if your username reflects your build… plus do a poop before riding. 😉

SirHC

Depends what you want from the fork? IF you want something that is stiffer, better damping, I’d be looking at a Pike.

loughor
    Free Member

I’ve just swapped older Reba race and newer SID between bikes. I will opine no, no better! Both good but I’d not spend expecting a huge difference

globalti
    Free Member

Back when I had boingy forks I used a set of SIDs for a couple of years then went over to Rebas, which I found stiffer but heavier and quite unreliable. While they were away for repair I fitted some eXotic carbon rigid forks and liked them so much that when the Rebas came back I sold them straight on and stayed rigid.

steve_b77
    Free Member

What bike, what type of riding, what are you expecting to gain?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Are SID’s worth the upgrade? (from Rebas)’ is closed to new replies.