Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Are Pace no more?
  • mlke
    Free Member

I tried to ring Pace to see if I could get some old forks serviced, but the number didn’t connect and the website looks like it hasn’t been updated for ayear or so.
    Are they still in business? And if not who would service some 6 year old Pace forks?

JoB
    Free Member

they’re still in business but their facebook and website say their phonelines are down, they say e-mail them – info@pacecycles.com

z1ppy

you could only hope (according to some)

Anyways Fork English usually get recommended for pace forks… stolen from another post:

07879051461 – Tim Price – Fork English, still out there doing Pace forks (and others.)
    Tim can be a little lax at returning calls, but be a persistant:-)

———————-

Another posted number: 01751 476815.

alanf
    Free Member

If no joy with Pace I think Tim at Fork English is the default answer to servicing
    EDIT – beaten to it^^^

amplebrew

Fork English are really great.

They serviced a pair of 98 RC36 Evo’s for me a couple of years ago and they came back as good as new.

I’d definitely be using them over Pace for fork servicing, especially for the older stuff.

I think Tim was using the name justbackdated on STW.

benji
    Free Member

Still trading, but as posted above phone line problems in dalby area yesterday, it’s not uncommon in that area apparently.

granny_ring

Yep send them to Tim.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Assembly shed for parts made overseas these days, isn’t it?

ransos
    Free Member

They serviced a pair of 98 RC36 Evo’s for me a couple of years ago and they came back as good as new.

So they’ll work brilliantly for 5 minutes, then fall apart because of an inherent design flaw that they refuse to acknowledge or do anything about?

amplebrew

ransos – Member
    So they’ll work brilliantly for 5 minutes, then fall apart because of an inherent design flaw that they refuse to acknowledge or do anything about?

I sent them to Fork English not Pace. Tim definitely knows his stuff when it comes to Pace forks.

I liked my RC36’s and never had personally never a problem with them.

The only Pace forks I had an issue with were a pair of 92 RC35’s which had an issue with the bonding on one of the legs. They were a few years old though.

jonjonjon3
    Free Member

tim is also on retrobike with the name justbackdated.

As above he knows his stuff, I think he worked for Pace for a good number of years. Serviced my RC40’s a few years ago, all good.

DezB
    Free Member

I remember when everyone on STW had a RC305. Be sad to see Pace go, if they are in trouble.

joespencer33
    Free Member

I can tell you Pace is all well and good with some interesting stuff in the pipeline, Keep them peeled folks!

mtbfix

I can tell you Pace is all well and good with some interesting stuff in the pipeline, Keep them peeled folks!

Square tubed hardtails. Square tubed hardtails. Square tubed hardtails. Please let it be square tubed hardtails.

soma_rich
    Free Member

The RC129 looks loverly!

http://www.pacecycles.com/?page_id=913

ransos
    Free Member

I liked my RC36’s and never had personally never a problem with them.

Yeah, Tim’s a good bloke. He was able to quote for a repair to my not very old RC41s when Pace weren’t interested. Sadly the cost of repair was more than the forks were worth.

He told me that the issue of the steerer coming loose in the crown was a common problem with that model. Needless to say, I haven’t bought Pace since.

stoddys
    Free Member

I’ve used Tim all the way from cyprus, just for parts and advice. Top man

Stoddy

amplebrew

mtbfix – Member
    Square tubed hardtails. Square tubed hardtails. Square tubed hardtails. Please let it be square tubed hardtails.

How much would I love them to do a reissue of the RC100 8)

A limited run would surely have no problem selling.

I’ve contacted them a few times to try and buy an RC7 stembar; but they never seemed to get around to actually making one to sell.

bikebouy
    Free Member

“Heavy squared tubed hard tails, heavy square tubed hard tails, heavy square tubed hard tails”
    Please let it be “light square tubed hard tail”
    😆

z1ppy

DezB – Member
    I remember when everyone on STW had a RC305.

I thought they were 303’s*, then they all broke and pace were very fair minded about their warranty 😉

*NINJA EDIT! (cheers AB)

amplebrew

Think it might have been the 303

DezB
    Free Member
    ratherbeintobago

You mean like this?:

DezB
    Free Member

Ooh, jumpin on the 650b bandwagon! Parp.

molgrips
    Free Member

My RC300 was not heavy. A bit flexy though, but I could live with that.

bigyinn
    Free Member

The RC129 looks all kinds of wrong, IMO.

chestrockwell

Pace are useless these days, just not interested. I had a question about my DT forks and wanted a service but after ringing and not getting through, ringing and being told no one’s about who can answer, ringing and being told I’d get a call back that never came and emailing loads of times without response I gave up. 👿

Luckily TF Tuned have picked up the DT servicing and have sent a courier this morning for my forks after a couple of emails that were answered within hours. 😀

It’s a real shame as I used to love Pace gear and would buy it over nearly anything else. Was told a few interesting things about the company set up a few years ago that was an eye opener. Even after that I was prepared to use them but no more. Rubbish.

sparky1uk
    Free Member

I must admit it took them months to sort a friend out with his new RC129. At one point they sold the frame earmarked for him to someone else and had to send another one to the paintshop for him.

It does look lovely now he finally has it tho.

ratherbeintobago

Pace are useless these days, just not interested

They evidently haven’t updated their website since last year, which also gives a poor impression.

Baznav
    Free Member

Had the misfortune to deal with them a couple of times in my old job, shower of s**t comes to mind.

benji
    Free Member

The RC129 looks all kinds of wrong, IMO.

It rides very nicely, so nicely I have one in my stable at the minute, just moved a Cannondale out to make room for it.

Speshpaul

“I thought they were 303’s*, then they all broke and pace were very fair minded about their warranty “

No they were f****** s***.
    I had one of the 1st 303’s to crack and they F****** me about for months, then sent a damaged 305 frame when they finally gave in to the tidal wave of cracked 303’s and bad press.

Anyways, on a lighter note, Tim at Fork English is a top bloke. He’ll sort your forks out, better then ever.

itstig

I’ve just read in our local paper that a new cycling centre is opening at the North Yorkshire moors visitor centre at the top of Sutton bank (A170 Thirsk to Scarborough rd). Cycle sales,hire repairs etc. A partnership between NYM park authority and Pace cycles. Also various quotes from Adrian Carter so they are still on the go. As I’m only a couple of miles away I’ll look in tomorrow.

prawny

That new one got a cracking write up in WMB, looks like a nice bike.

talulah
    Free Member

Mr T had an RC405 since 2008. In 2010 he noticed some strange lines appearing under the paint and below the welds. He pointed this out to AC at the Bike Radar Fest who told him to take a photo and keep an eye on it, at that point it was still under full warranty. (Said photo is the first one via the link taken 2010-sorry about the washing!). More recently it is apparent to be much more serious as the photos show. Also weirdly in the last month or so the paint has started to bubble underneath as shown in the last four photos.

After much difficulty getting any communication from Pace they have finally offered him a new frame under the Crash Replacement Scheme which is conveniently at the same price they are selling them for in the sale…errr ‘No Thanks’. Call us critical but surely that isn’t a good compromise? He doesn’t do anything very extreme, a little bit of trail centre/sportive mtb type riding and our local trails can be done on a cx bike with not to much trouble! Also I don’t know anyone who looks after a bike more carefully – really it is his pride and joy! Is this what you’d expect from a trail bike…maybe we are expecting too much!?

PHOTOS HERE

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Are Pace no more?’ is closed to new replies.