Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Are Nobby Nic tyres any good? or alternative…..
  • enfht
    Free Member

They wear quickly, good rolling speed, light, no good in mud

Kryton57

Really? I just rode my recently converted-to-tubeless-with-stans half worn Snakeskin Nics, ridden all over the country in 2011, in some epic mud and slop at the weekend.

They were very grippy, more comfortable and more predictable than the (Tubed) Bonty Mud X’s on t’other wheels.

transapp
    Free Member

But There is a comment in bike radar review that everyone runs them differently to the arrows isn’t there (or did I make that up!!)
    Anyone with experience?

votchy
    Free Member

Bikeradar review says they are now both run front way round which most users did anyway, wasn’t aware of that myself

Elmo
    Free Member

I started with NN at last years Mountain Mayhem.
    Brand new for that,i was dubious with some of the stories but have loved them.
    I don’t ride particularly elegantly so bounce around and smash off things. Never split or had a puncture, and i’m a tad over 16 stone.

A note about the direction thing. I have mind the right way, but I’ve still had a couple of comments about them being wrong. Guess the ramps and knobs aren’t the traditional configuration?!

trailflow
    Free Member

As an alternative id recommend a Conti x king. They use the black chilli compound and are half the price of nn’s. They roll faster and grip just as good, if not better.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Epic fail!!! Tomorrow night I will be refitting my NN’s the right way round, doh!!!

Brilliant or just ride backwards?

votchy
    Free Member

Brilliant or just ride backwards?

Those that know me would say I struggle riding forwards!!!

scottfitz
    Free Member

But There is a comment in bike radar review that everyone runs them differently to the arrows isn’t there (or did I make that up!!)
    Anyone with experience?

I run them as designed.

Is like the people that run a Minion DHF front tyre on the rear. They will work best how there dsigned.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Are Nobby Nic tyres any good? or alternative…..’ is closed to new replies.