Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Are My Nics to Worn for Tubeless?
  • fathomer

Apologies for the question, but are my Nobby Nic sidewalls to knackered to get tubeless, this is going to be my first attempt at tubeless, on Stan’s Arch EX’s, or will they be ok?

Cheers

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Wouldn’t bother my self

coopersport1
    Free Member

But if you do just chuck an extra cup of sealant in and leave them on each side for a few hrs

Taff
    Free Member

Few extra scoops and you’ll be fine. I’ve had some like that and no problems

Onzadog
    Free Member

Have you seen the flow ex/schwalbe thread?

fathomer

Yep, tis slightly worrying, though these are a couple of years old. I may just buy some new non schwalbe tyres, cue a ‘which tyre’ thread!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Just out of interest how did you get them that worn? The only time I’ve managed anything like that was riding a bike home when I had a puncture.

fathomer

I have no idea, it happen on the last set I had as well.

transapp
    Free Member

I think the non snake skin schwalbes do that if they are run at a pressure low enough to flex the side walls.
    Deflate and have a look where the tyre would roll over the rim (it’ll be just hidden unless you take the tyre off the rim) and you may see quite a bit of damage due to the constant flexing.
    That to me means a shite tyre design, however I’m not knocking a NN – I have the snakeskin version on my bike right now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Are My Nics to Worn for Tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.