Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Are multi tools with knives illegal?
  • bettyswollocks
    Free Member

From the input of the various coppers on here it seems that they have the good sense to measure the situation accordingly. If I had acted up then I imagine I could very easily have been frisked.

A voice of reason and common sense. There’s hope after all. Thank you.

dissonance

How many of us have ever had a run in with the police that ended up in a stop-and-search type situation?

A handful of times. Although in all of those cases wasnt me being a bellend so much as being in the wrong place.
    Overall though on the carrying a knife front. I just prefer to err on the side of caution. As per fisha comment my idea of a reasonable reason might disagree with theirs and need to go to court. Even if the court then agrees with me thats a whole load of hassle which can be avoided.

bettyswollocks
    Free Member

As per fisha comment my idea of a reasonable reason might disagree with theirs and need to go to court. Even if the court then agrees with me thats a whole load of hassle which can be avoided.

Believe me, it wouldn’t be decided by the court. The Crown Prosecution Service would have the say on whether there was a chance of a conviction or whether the public’s money should be spent on a trial. Only guilty people are sent to court nowadays. Sorry, political views creeping in there. I hear Samurai swords are the cyclists must-have accessory these days…

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

I hear Samurai swords are the cyclists must-have accessory these days…

only if you ride a weapon.
    Not for bikes so. Biking without Samurai sword is still o.k.
    😉

ransos
    Free Member

What’s the law on a quiver of gnarpoons?

bettyswollocks
    Free Member

Positively encouraged in my opinion!

anagallis_arvensis

Many years ago I got pulled over for some overly enthusiastic driving. It involved a police car and a van full of coppers too. I had a locking knife with a 5inch blade on my belt. Caused quite a kerfuffel involving handcuffs. When they asked me why I had it I said I’d just come from working at the farm and pointed out that my jeans were covered in cow shit. Got my knife back and handcuffs removed and sent on my way….didnt even get a speeding ticket which seemed odd at the time.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Contravenes Section 1 of the Asshattery Act 1857

1. A person commits an offence if he

(a) attempts to speak in such a manner that he considers to be cool but in fact to any reasonable person present
    sounds like a bellend, or

(b) on hearing a nearby person speak in such a manner as to contravene sub-section (a) responds with a fist
    bump or that dreadful horns hand signal.

2. An offence under Section 1 shall be punishable on indictment by a period on the Brexit thread not
    exceeding fifteen years, or where tried summarily by a fine not exceeding £500 + VAT.

thegreatape
    Free Member

didnt even get a speeding ticket which seemed odd at the time.

Probably because you smelled of shit and they didn’t want you in the back of their car 😀

ransos
    Free Member

Contravenes Section 1 of the Asshattery Act 1857

1. A person commits an offence if he

(a) attempts to speak in such a manner that he considers to be cool but in fact to any reasonable person present
    sounds like a bellend, or

(b) on hearing a nearby person speak in such a manner as to contravene sub-section (a) responds with a fist
    bump or that dreadful horns hand signal.

2. An offence under Section 1 shall be punishable on indictment by a period on the Brexit thread not
    exceeding fifteen years, or where tried summarily by a fine not exceeding £500 + VAT.

🙂

The Brexit thread though? You go too far.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

I’ve had a knife taken off me by the police. Was pulled over in the van coming off a building site, seemed like a routine kind of stop. I had an opinel no.7 (so under size but does lock) in the front of the van with me, it had just come out of my pocket and was covered in plaster dust.

Was a bit gutted but all he did was take it off me, not so much as a telling off. I did point out that the van was full of much more dangerous tools but I don’t argue with coppers, anything for an easy life.

Was sent on my way to buy another opinel no.7 ready for work the next day

thegreatape
    Free Member

The Brexit thread though? You go too far.

ACAB 😀

fisha
    Free Member

Regarding stuff in cars, part of the circumstances which can be / have been taken into account relates to how readily accessible the item is to the driver or person in the car.

For example if a driver was found to have a large blade or offensive weapon (bat etc) at their feet then that would be readily accessible and so could lead to further questions and potentially action taken.

It really is down to common sense and unfortunately that lacks sometimes.

bencooper
    Free Member

The targeted ads on this post are funny 😀

I have a Leatherman with locking blade in my pocket all the time at the shop, because I’m always needing to cut things. Once, while two BTP officers were in the shop, I absentmindedly flicked it out and lashed a parcel open, they didn’t blink an eye.

It’s all down to situation really.

giantalkali
    Free Member

From the input of the various coppers on here it seems that they have the good sense to measure the situation accordingly. If I had acted up then I imagine I could very easily have been frisked.

A voice of reason and common sense. There’s hope after all. Thank you.

It’s a rare day that I’m accused of being sensible.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Are multi tools with knives illegal?’ is closed to new replies.