Are microsoft that thick?

Home Forum Chat Forum Are microsoft that thick?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Are microsoft that thick?
  • Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

but you can still post on here? 😀
    It is a bit counter intuitive, but most folk do have more than one way of accessing teh interwebz and email

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

[microsoft voice]

So you gave us an email address that you knew we would use to allow you to unlock your laptop and you *only* have access to it from the laptop it would be used unlock?

And that’s our fault?

[/microsoft voice]

Surely there’s a web interface to your email – they *all* allow that.

z1ppy

PEBCAK 😉

sugdenr

Oh so they are the new BT? You know, when your landline breaks they tell you to call them to report the fault, but………..

Premier Icon brassneck
    Subscriber

PEBCAK

+1 🙂

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

What else should they have done then?

Premier Icon footflaps
    Subscriber

It’s OK, once Steve Ballmer announces that MS are bringing back BetaMax to take on Apple’s iTunes store, you’ll soon forgive them……

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Are microsoft that thick?

Not sure about thick, but very shit at security stuff. I’ve had a Microsoft Live account for about 10 years – the email I have registered is out of date (company changed names), but can I change the email address on my account? Can I f

schrickvr6

Reminds me of the old VM/NTL email password recovery system….”If you have lost or forgotten your password, please enter your email address” *Click* “Thank you we have emailed you your password.” Grrrreat….

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

So my win8 account has suddenly asked for extra account recovery information – they have emailed my secondary email address a code to enter to confirm. Except win8 has locked out the laptop to do this, so I cannot acces my email to copy the security code to enter into the box as requested….*esc* and *win* key just got a battering to no avail.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

I had to click on ‘remind me later’ to exit. My own email I tend not to do on phone, as it is work phone.
    Meh, just seems a silly glitch.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Are microsoft that thick?’ is closed to new replies.