Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Are Merlin Cycles the new CRC?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Ordered 3pm yesterday, came this morning. Better prices than anywhere else as well. Just thought I’d give them a big thumbs up.

I’m old enough to remember when you got that sort of service from CRC and that was where you went if you wanted something delivered the next morning. I tend not to buy from there now if I’m in a hurry as they can’t be relied on (unless it’s something Merlin don’t stock it’s unlikely to be the best price either). Whatever happened?

richmtb

Merlin have always been great if they have what you need in stock. Which for drivetrain they nomally do. There wheels are great too.

parkesie
    Free Member

Merlin are the new merlin always found them cheap with great service but a small range.

Crc Have been hit and miss for me

ampthill

Merlin have been around for years and they do great stuff.

But CRC they are not. I’m often ordering half what I need from Merlin half fron CRC.

Merlin never do things like cheap stems or saddles, CRC do. Tyre choice is more limited. Thats not a complaint, they do what they do well.

tablesalt
    Free Member

Rose bikes are the new CRC, full XTR, full susers for 2 grand….

cp

Merlin are Merlin – they’ve been going for yonks. I knew about them long before CRC… they’ve always been great. As above, more limited choice, but what they do, they do so much better, and for drivetrain bits and wheels, usually cheaper than most.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

And you get more cashback from TopCashBack with Merlin now – 5% back on everything but bikes. Well worth it.

granny_ring

Cheeky…. 🙂

grtdkad

Bought my SID off of Merlin recently – they were cheapest – then ‘club’ provided 10% off then I got 5% cash back.

Brill.
    Helpful on the phone and quick too 🙂 🙂 🙂

Rockape
    Free Member

Merlin are brilliant! Join the VIP club to get your extra 10% discount. I’ve ordered from them a few times and it’s always been very quick delivery. On-one is worth a look as well they do some seriously good offers.

anto164
    Free Member

And you get more cashback from TopCashBack with Merlin now – 5% back on everything but bikes. Well worth it.

Quidco are the same, but ypu get cashback on bikes too.. 5pc on everything, but full bikes is 3pc cashback.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Rose bikes all the way! 10 Pound voucher that keeps on working! You can save ridiculous money on cheaper items that way.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Quidco are the same, but ypu get cashback on bikes too.. 5pc on everything, but full bikes is 3pc cashback.

It’s the same 3% on bikes with Merlin through TopCashBack. The biggest advantage of them over Quidco is that you’re not paying £5 / year for the privilege. In fact, it’s 5.05% for parts and 3.03% for bikes at TopCashBack at the moment – and more if you’re spending more (they bump your percentage up, the more you earn).

Either way though, either’s a winner / no brainer and highly recommended.

flow
    Free Member

Merlin have always been the best shop

scaredypants

No point arguing about it, they’re both great – why not join right now ?

http://www.quidco.com/user/699574/

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/scaredypants

😉

pondyyfz
    Free Member

merlin have been good to me, extra 10% off in the vip club, have yet to order somthing that does not turn up the next day (need to order before 2pm i think), ordered some brakes, found out i ordered the wrong colour, posted them back and had a full refund the next day.
    crc have been good also but have not ordered as much from them, postage from them has always been 2 or 3 days

aracer
    Free Member

Rose bikes are the new CRC

Do they do free next day delivery when you order at 3pm?

scaredy – I hate to point this out, but it looks like the mods have de-recommended your links!

easygirl

The mods on here are right up their own arrses at the moment

bullheart
    Free Member

The mods on here are right up their own arrses at the moment

I have no idea where this came from.

Happy to concur though!

Mark

Mods didn’t tamper. Poster buggered up the links

nosedive
    Free Member

Merlin are top. I wish less stuff was tied into deals though (great price on brakes but you have to buy a pair etc)

aracer
    Free Member

Apologies for the accusation – it did seem a strange thing to do, I just couldn’t work out how it was possible to mess up links when posting them!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I used to love Merlin when I lived round the corner from them, then they seemed to reduce their lines a bit and get more pricey, and they moved premises so I stopped going there but I’ve had good dealings with them also. After my recent dealings with Wiggle I think I’m going to go back that way.

scaredypants

scaredy – I hate to point this out, but it looks like the mods have de-recommended your links!

Poster just making a point really – links deliberately left without my name on unlike those that went before. I’d rather people were upfront & said “if you use this link I get a reward” rather than just saying nothing

Weasel
    Free Member

and Merlin don’t use the largest jiffy bag or box possible for a set of 3 powerlinks……

mafiafish
    Free Member

and Merlin don’t use the largest jiffy bag or box possible for a set of 3 powerlinks……

That really annoys me too!

Netdonkey

Ordered 3pm yesterday, came this morning.

Be careful of the next day service though. There cut off of 2:30pm is written in very small wording when selecting the option. I ordered at 2:32:56 yesterday according to Merlin and it was not dispatched until today. Had I used the standard delivery service it would have been dispatched yesterday first class and would have probably arrived today and £4 cheaper.

Technically they are correct but still feel a little aggrieved as it is a technicality!

rocketman
    Free Member

I like Merlin but their insistence on sending the most trivial item by recorded post can be irritating if no one’s home.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Weirdly, ordered some pedals of Merlins and even with the discount VIP, was cheaper if I bought them off ebay from Merlins and they turned up the next day. Were the cheapest as well. Have used Merlins since 1995 and always been happy. CRC are a bit hit and miss and do like giving buisness to other places too…….

tomaso
    Free Member

Merlin and CRC are going head to head with orders placed simultaneously last Thursday. Will find out tonight when I get in whether there is a winner or if its a draw…Ohhh the suspense!

Jamie
    Free Member

Poster just making a point really – links deliberately left without my name on unlike those that went before. I’d rather people were upfront & said “if you use this link I get a reward” rather than just saying nothing

Personally, that’s exactly what I thought you had done, after seeing others sneaking referral links in.

Man, people are on the mods case quickly these days.

tomaso
    Free Member

CRC parcel came at 12:30 and Merlin at 1:30 – purely because Merlin was a signed for delivery.

fullauto
    Free Member

Merlin have always being amazing for me. Prefered shop, even if the range could be bigger!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Are Merlin Cycles the new CRC?’ is closed to new replies.