Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Are many parents this trusting?
  • AdamW
    Free Member

I’m just shocked that this girl’s parents would more or less sell everything and give her the money.

Is this just them being completely gullible or is it something you parents have to consciously fight?

Woman defrauded parents of £250,000

binners

Its pretty simple. Don’t give a drug addict money. Whether they’re related to you or not. Theres only one thing it will ever be spent on.

tthew

I didn’t get the point of giving up their jobs to fund the daughter. I’m no financial genius, but that sounds counterproductive.

yunki
    Free Member

wow.. that’s some next level deceit 😯

what a horrible little brat

GrahamS

I didn’t get the point of giving up their jobs to fund the daughter. I’m no financial genius, but that sounds counterproductive.

She faked a successful career to her parents and told them they could retire. From the article:

Boardman reassured her parents that her success as an academic would pay off, and her father had retired early under the premise that earnings from her work published in scientific journals would help him financially.

Lee added: “Boardman completed a detailed schedule of expenses and her parents decided to sell their home after she presented fake draft sales contracts for her work worth £3m.”

tthew

Oh right. The BBC article I read didn’t go into that detail.

She could probably get a job as a company accountant with that level of foresight and mid term planning. Shit for the parents and siblings though. 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

Lets all go victim blaming till Graham delivers the facts

Binners is right though I used to make a drug addict “friend”* leave my house if i went to the toilet and follow me if I went to make a brew

It was nothing personal but they liked heroin more than me.

* grew up as kids playing together nd riding bikes before he fell in with the wrong crowd and killed himself via drugs before reaching 20.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Are many parents this trusting?’ is closed to new replies.