Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Are Hope Pro 11 and Hope Pro 11 Evo hub end-caps interchangeable?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Are Hope Pro 11 and Hope Pro 11 Evo hub end-caps interchangeable?

Will a Hope Pro11 front QR end-cap fit a rear Pro 11 Evo hub?

RustyMac

nope

Pro 2 Front and Pro 2 Evo front are interchangeable

Pro 2 Rear and Pro 2 Evo Rear are different to each other and different to the front hub.

mysterymove
    Free Member

Nope, a shop fitted a pro II maxle conversion to my ProII evo. It looks fine until you fit the cassette (which wobbles all over the place). They were pretty embarrassed and swapped it out quick smart!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Are you sure, i had a new (evo) hub fitted by hope after my original (pro2) cracked, the paperwork says hub body and freehub body replaced, but the end caps look the same, the drive side one is even the wrong colour (unless they’re all silver regardless of hub colour?).

RustyMac

To upgrade a Pro2 hub to a pro 2 evo you need the following

Upgrading
    Here you go:
    Freehub body (including bearings): £55
    New axle: £15
    End caps: £12
    2 new main hub shell bearings: £5.75 each (these are only optional)

According to this article

Drive side and no drive side end caps have always been different colours on the pro 2 pro 2 evo hubs as they are designed to fit drive side and disk side specifically.

http://www.justridingalong.com/news/2011/03/hope-pro-2-evo-whats-new

rondo101
    Free Member

Has anyone actually tried to put a driveside Pro2 rear QR end cap on a rear Pro2 Evo? I appreciate that Hope got rid of the old design “to reduce drag”, but IME the end result is worse sealing & regular bearing replacement.

I’d take a bit of drag (does it really make that much difference?) over £40 on bearings every 6 months every time.

RustyMac

I don’t think it would fit. I thought the evo hubs were designed with a multi fit axle with adaptable end caps – the OD of the pro 2 evo axle will be to large to fit a pro 2 QR end cap on as it has to be big enough to cope with a 12mm rear. The pro 2 hub was designed with individual fit axles and matcing end caps.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Will a Hope Pro11 front QR end-cap fit a rear Pro 11 Evo hub?

Ignoring that front is caps and rear is axle assembly, front QR is 9mm whereas rear QR is 10mm

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Are Hope Pro 11 and Hope Pro 11 Evo hub end-caps interchangeable?’ is closed to new replies.