Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Are Ergon the go to grips for hand numbness?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

I was looking at gp2 or gp3’s purely from the stand point that I like the variety of hand positions I get when on my gravel drop bar Vaya , and these although not fashionable might suit me.

bikedibley

I won’t go into too much detail as I’m the importer and shouldn’t use this forum to advertise.

But look up Revgrips and search STW reviews on this site for the Revgrips review from 2019. No grips or bars minimise vibrations in the same way.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fudge9202
    Free Member

Certainly an interested read and concept, but I think I’ll try the ergons based on price alone.

mccraque

I’ve just been diagnosed with carpal tunnel so have been adjusting the contact points. I needed new grips anyway so have gone with Ergon GA2 Fats

on my other bike I have gone with the SQ Labs.

I think I prefer the Ergon…. but has also been said above, just look at the amount of pressure on your hands from bar position. Grips are a very small part of the equation.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Cher been looking at bars with more sweep to take pressure off and put hands in a more natural position.

seb84

I found swapping to push on renthal grips was a huge huge improvement in hand comfort for me.

molgrips
    Free Member

Grips are a very small part of the equation.

Round ones are. Flat top grips like Ergon support your hand in a completely different way.

fudge9202
    Free Member

@molegrips funny you say that was following the atlas mountain race and noticed that the competitors on flat bar bikes were nearly all running Ergon grips. Not that I will ever cover that sort of distance but there must be a comfort element to using them.

downshep

Ergon and fleegle pro fan here. When fitting the Ergons, I half tightened them and rode about, rotating them up/down until the flat part followed the natural line of my wrist/hand to provide maximum support. They are terrific on longer rides due to significantly improved support to the heel of the hand. On bumpy terrain, the stubby bar end keeps hands on bars without the need for a death grip. No more cramp or numbness.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes to long rides. My longest ride was 18.5 hours and I finished with no pain except tendons in my ankles. My hands were completely fine.

fudge9202
    Free Member

As advised earlier I’m going to change one thing at a time, so will go with Ergon grips first then if still issues a Salsa bend bar or similar

wzzzz
    Free Member

I tried ergon ge grips they exacerbated the problem

I went for Renthal push ons, they are softer and narrower diameter than most

Now I don’t get numb hands

fudge9202
    Free Member

Will look at the Renthal ones. Cheers

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

What downshep said. I liked the Ergon GP2 so much I also bought a pair of GC1 in Biokork flavour and they made the loop bars a very nice place to be all day long. Note: GP2 give alternate hold with the stubby barends, and GC1 are on bar-taped loop bar so I get to rest elsewhere on the bars when feeling ‘locked’ into same position over time. No numbness from grips though, I just like to change positions frequently usually on long climbs or long flat sections.

haggis1978

Specialized Contour XC Body Geometry grips are good i find.

Painey
    Free Member

Has anyone actually managed to buy any Ergon grips from Blacks in their sale? I tried and then got the “we don’t have any stock” email. Now the cheeky buggers keep emailing me about them trying to sell me more, when they couldn’t even fulfil the original order!

Paceman
    Free Member

I got some Ergon GD1 Factory grips for £15 in the Black’s Sale …well chuffed with them 🙂

Painey
    Free Member

Maybe I’ll have to try again.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Depending which ones your buying plus £4.95 postage they’re not that cheap

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Are Ergon the go to grips for hand numbness?’ is closed to new replies.