Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Are Dell products ‘all that’?
  • I seemed to remember having a Dell laptop years ago that was a PITA, but thought I’d run with them again.

Can’t really comment on the PC, as only had it a couple of days, but the ‘Premium’ wireless keyboard and mouse that I paid a tidy enough sum for – the mouse is very flimsy compared to my Sandstrom one and has seemingly stopped working altogether after 2 days. The keyboard seems nice enough, but has already developed a habit of freezing or duplicating random letters that I type.

oldtennisshoes

Microsoft or Logitech at a push for keyboards and mice.

Yeah, I’ve got a Logitech keyboard for the TV, might try that in the office and send this one back

andrewreay

Not much help now, but peripherals from almost all the major brands are likely to be generic Chinese efforts, so I wouldn’t let that be a reflection of the hardware to which they are attached. Generally, Dell are above average in the PC stakes.

Cougar

have a 2008 Dell laptop and love it. I have a 2018 Dell laptop (via work) and hate it.

So anecdotally based on a sample set of “two” either like most manufacturers they make good and bad products, or they’ve got worse over the years.

It seems like I was being a complete doofus with the mouse and it had a disguised clicky button (unbeknown to me) to change the bluetooth channel/receiver. I found this out when I was messing about with it and saw #1/2/3 flashing.

The keyboard is behaving today, so we’ll see

blokeuptheroad

Had a few Dell desktops and they’ve always been OK. They come with way too much pointless, gimicky bloatware, but they have always been reliable for me.

Easy to spec and buy and fine if you’re an undemanding home user IME. Not premium feeling peripherals, but good enough.

Boring but adequate and reliable.

tinribz
    Free Member

Cheap Havit mechanical keyboard, you won’t regret it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Are Dell products ‘all that’?’ is closed to new replies.