Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Are CRC a bit crap at the moment or is it just me?
  • getonyourbike
    Free Member

I ordered some wheels, which I need to race on sunday, yesterday morning and they still haven’t been dispatched. I’m going to give them a call tomorrow but I doubt it will acheive anything. Looks like I’m going to have to borrow some.

Has anybody had something like this with CRC recently?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Last week I ordered Blackburn Mars 3.0 of them at lunchtime and got it next day. County Antrim to Manchester in 24 hours is pretty impressive.

Postman-Pat
    Free Member

We ordered some tyres over a week ago, and the order is still “processing” Not impressed 👿

bagpuss
    Free Member

Yep.

Ordered a few things on the 25th, all in stock then and still show in stock now, order is ‘processing’. No great rush for them and LBS doesn’t stock them anyway but was wondering where they were.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Err Christmas?

Kryton57

Last weekend I recieved a bottle cage in a Jiffy bag. “Great” I thought ” that hold stupid size box issue has ended”.

Today I receive a spare Garmin mount kit, which is a box the size of a Satsuma, in a CRC box, qhich was 18″ x 12″ x 4″.

Ridiculous.

kaesae
    Free Member

Not at all, I ordered something sunday, arrived today! woopee **** doohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You have been Goderated! rejoice!!!

pinkyponk
    Free Member

I Had a terrible experience with some forks a few weeks ago, and they just told lies when it came down to it. I wont be back, i dont care how cheap they are.

Northwind

Good as ever for me…

(people are still getting upset about the boxes? Weird)

AD

New frame arrived within 48h, parts that I forgot to order with aforementioned new frame within 24h, so no, from my perspective CRC are great (admittedly I didn’t trust them with my credit card details :))

Taff
    Free Member

I don’t find them as good as a few years ago. I think there is a delay in dispatch if you pay by paypal

Jeffus
    Free Member

new frame came in 48 hours from order no probs , never had a problem with them…

revs1972
    Free Member

Yeah, I noticed that when you pay by PayPal it seems to add 2 days delay

Paid for next day delivery on another item a while back and it took 2 days. Did get a refund on postage after contacting them though.

AD

I paid for my stuff using paypal… So not sure of the ‘paypal delay’ hypothesis either.

xcneil
    Free Member

OP yeah its just you i’ve had no issues ordered a xx cassette arrived within 24 hours

jamiec360
    Free Member

Just cancelled my order but due to yet another paypal cock up. Used paypal for 3 different things on Monday two paid immediately but then this e cheque thing comes up for my crc order says thy won’t clear it until the 5th and no they can’t change it bloody idiots. Called crc all they could do was cancel the order and get me to re- order but now the crank bros mini tool I wanted has gone up 10 quid….

Frankly not going to bother with either of them if I can avoid it just get the stuff from Evans down the road on price match…

crispedwheel
    Free Member

No problem here. I ordered some stuff about this time on Monday night, turned up at work this morning – paid by paypal too, so not convinced by the ‘paypal lag’ theory above (first time I’ve heard that tbh).
    Even better, the box that they came in (pedals and a bb) was the perfect size for some presents I was sending out to Canada today. Instant recycling – so thanks CRC for saving me even more money with the free packaging!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Flip all to do with Christmas. Over the last year it can take a week or more for CRC to “despatch” an in stock item. Or 10 mins. It’s not reliable ime.

Merlin, Rose (or other German sites) are the gold standard if you want swift delivery ime.

reevil
    Free Member

Up until the early part of this year I was praising CRC.

The last couple of months has meant delivery times of 1 week plus. The problem for me is that the delivery times were so quick before, that it’s disappointing now.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Oh, and I didn’t write the tag (presumably aimed at the OP) but I agree with it. You ‘need’ some wheels for Sunday, so order on Wednesday, giving them a max of 3 and a half working days to get to you? Aside from any issue with CRC, I admire your faith in Royal Mail to 100% delivery in time. Why not buy some wheels from your LBS if you need them for Sunday? They’d be in your hands in a matter of minutes.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

jamiec360 I think your Paypal order going tits up was a blessing in disguise mate. The Crank Brothers Multi Tools they had cheap are utter crap! I have used one in the past worst tool ever handled!

MrKmkII
    Free Member

did you order a custom wheel? because i think you’re meant to allow 4 to 6 days? anyway, i just order a custom wheel. after three or four days they emailed to say the rim i’d chosen wasn’t available, but i can choose an alternative. i responded that i was set on the rim i chose and a couple of days later they got in touch to say they’d found one out back and my wheel would be here soon. arrived the other day and seems fine. but it was a bit of faff (and i’ve missed out some stages) but i suggest you get in touch to find out if there’s something holding it up.

neninja
    Free Member

Ordered a pair of hub adapters on Tuesday – arrived Wednesday in a massive box. Decent service but it’s a pain when stuff doesn’t arrive with normal post due to the enormous box.

pjm84
    Free Member

Ordered in stock knee pads on Monday and still haven’t received them….. seems par for the course. Generally 4 to 5 days for me so hopefully today.

Maybe Southampton is too far South?

flip
    Free Member

Yes i’ve just received my big box of stuff after a week wait, all the items were ‘in stock’ it does seem to be taking longer these days.

hora
    Free Member

Sounds like all my recent orders. It actually nudged me into trying other online retailers.

Company starts, grows, becomes dominant, starts to slip up, slides, then another…. always the way.

Jason
    Free Member

They do seem a bit hit and miss to me. I have ordered a few instock bits from them recently, they have either turned up the next day, or taken a couple of days to despatch. If I need something urgently I don’t buy from them, and use one of the other online companies. I have always found Merlin reliable, Planet-X seem quick, and I have been impressed with CyclesportsUK on the last couple of orders I have placed with them.

MrAgreeable

Ordered a BB and brake pads two weeks ago, both items in stock, still not received and still showing as “processing”. Narky email sent today, hoping for a prompt response but not holding my breath.

hora
    Free Member

Ordered a BB and brake pads two weeks ago, both items in stock, still not received and still showing as “processing”. Narky email sent today, hoping for a prompt response but not holding my breath.

I had this. I complained, received a discount code (which has a short expiry date). I didn’t need to order something new within 2 weeks so it expired. Nice.

I’ve still got a brand new Swampthing tyre sat in eyeshot now here in the office that arrived from them after I’d left for a biking holiday.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

They have gotten slower of late order a new exposure maxx-d light clamp on the 2nd of this month then on the 28th it arrived was in stock the whole time was a bit miffed but got a £5 voucher for complaining 🙄

bagpuss
    Free Member

Update

My stuff just arrived. Checked the CRC site and still shown as ‘processing’. Must be using a neutrino* based delivery system.

*This may or may not be true.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I believe CRC now despatch from several different warehouses (which probably explains the large box/jiffy bag issue). I’ve ordered a couple of frames recently which have always been processed and despatched within hours of ordering, while seat clamps/headsets ordered at the same time have taken a couple of days longer and been despatched separately. Always found them very quick to reply to queries/process returns/etc, though.

MrAgreeable

I’ve still got a brand new Swampthing tyre sat in eyeshot now here in the office that arrived from them after I’d left for a biking holiday.

Get it on the classifieds.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rip-swampthing-1

KonaTC

CRC service hasn’t changed; ordered some odds and sods very late Saturday evening arrived sometime Wednesday morning, fitting them to-night, ride tomorrow = result

It’s all about the 7Ps Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

jerseychaz

Ordered a 9 speed chain on Monday lunchtime, arrived Tuesday PM with the regular post, 8 quid less than LBS and no postage, OK by me

passtherizla
    Free Member

must be stocking issues…

i ordered a vest and a Bash guard on Monday, still in processing and ordered a cable set yesterday which is still processing.

weird how they can be so inconsistent.

Up until these last two purchases though i have had no issues at all.

Andy.

new2this
    Free Member

i ordered a frame and it arrived in 24hr then forks and they arrived 9 days later,crank 5 days later.but hey you cant find any cheaper. love the price at C R C

coopersport1
    Free Member

Mine order still says processing! Ordered last friday delivered Wednesday! Not as fast as Merlin but good enough

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Are CRC a bit crap at the moment or is it just me?’ is closed to new replies.