Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Are conspiracy theorists nuts?
  • Cougar

And yet, here you are, freely posting your thoughts on the Internet for all to read.

“They” aren’t doing a very good job, are they.

1984ishere
    Free Member

Yeah, but Snowden may have talked about this, I haven’t followed it all, but must of what people seem to talk about is snooping on your emails etc – not your home, your thoughts or influencing your behaviour and reading your mind. Yet this is happening and people either just turn off because it sounds too daft or keep their hand in the sand because they don’t want to know. I’m not going to bother this thread any more. I’m just glad to let some people know, because may be in the future, this won’t be used on the truly deserving like me, and on others who don’t ‘deserve it’ if you look at Youtube that’s already happening. So just hope they don’t think you’re worthy for whatever reason!

1984ishere
    Free Member

‘They’ don’t care because they’re stealth technology and power makes them unassailable and they know it!

piemonster

i love a troll

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’d like to see a response to the point made earlier that you are using what you describe as “facts” that are not facts at all – like the frequency of “brain” waves and microwave radiation measurements being the same, which they are not.

It kind of makes your argument look like self-delusion, wouldn’t you say?

davetrave
    Free Member

1984ishere – Member
    …perhaps a troublesome journalist like I used to be.

Are you that Guardian journalist out of the Bourne Ultimatum? If you are I’d avoid Waterloo Station, there’s a sniper waiting for you…

On the other hand, if you are him then this really is freaky because you’re already dead and are speaking to us from your grave…

1984ishere
    Free Member

No, I was one of the lowest of low flyers you could ever imagine. They don’t always need a good reason – you just have to be enough of a problem to someone. They might not like what you do in private. They like to kind of sadistically have fun with people – it’s often kind of game to them. Like I said they do a lot of this for the sake of experimenting on people – often people who don’t have a big support network, are quiet, mild etc who they can manipulate easily. There’s lot of testimonies on the internet now of people talking about this who seem totally good, honest and well-intentioned people. It can be used as extra-judicial punishment – for all sorts of reasons. But they have theses capabilities and as far as I’m concerned need to have a very sharp, dose of their own unearthly medicine.

yunki
    Free Member

the thing that I still find slightly disconcerting is that all paranoid psychosis sufferers say roughly the same sort of thing.. even pre-internet

I was saying very much the same sort of things as 1984ishere very shortly before I got hauled off for a long spell in the nice hospital back in the early 90s..

It must be some kind of rebellion against the pressure of being part of society.. only in your fuddled up brain, the boundaries and controls that society imposes on you are seen as a mysterious all-powerful malevolent force..

It’s gotta be a whole different ball game suffering from psychosis in this era of paranoia and misinformation.. I wouldn’t fancy it 😕

Even just a sneaking delusional fantasy brought on by too many late nights and some dodgy TV can be corroborated and substantiated within a few taps of the keyboard..

good luck 1984ishere.. I hope you find what you’re looking for
    I’d try to forget about the war that you’re fighting.. you can’t win, they’re too strong.. concentrate on finding love and happiness instead maybe?

Search for peace and find something simple and worthwhile and wholesome to occupy yourself with, give yourself time to get off their radar.. they’ll soon move onto someone else..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I’d like to see a response to the point made earlier

So, no huh?

1984ishere
    Free Member

Yeah, I sound like a complete loon, and probably am, but you know what this kind of thing can happen and is I know beyond all doubt happening to me. Anyway nuff said.

1984ishere
    Free Member

I can’t fight you with science. I’ve been lead to believe that microwaves can pulse at rates similar to brainwaves with the technology they have to give rise to artificial, synthetic telepathy. There’s lots on the internet that attests to that. I don’t disagree with the thousands of sources out there that talk about this. Sorry, I need to do other stuff now. There’s just cruel laughter ringing around my head and a lot worse. But I’ve just gotta being lying now haven’t I?!

wwaswas

I’m not going to bother this thread any more.

if only…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I have to agree with yunki on this one mate, a lot of what you’re talking about sounds awfully familiar. I hear it on a regular basis, almost word for word, from the service users on the ward I work on. What I’m not sure about is why you’re posting on here. As I see it, you’re either thought disordered or trolling. If it’s the first scenario, you need to talk to someone who can help you get some support, rather than posting on an mtb forum, and if it’s the second scenario, stop it now.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You are aware that “the internet” is chock full of unverifiable claims and demonstrably false theories made by fantasists and the irrational, right?

You might take a moment to think about the inadvisability of taking all this stuff at face value.

Given that, what do you suppose is the real nature of what you think is happening to you?

IanW
    Free Member

This thread has potential, can we have more paragraphs though, I get bored easily.

Ta xx

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As I see it, you’re either thought disordered or trolling. If it’s the first scenario, you need to talk to someone who can help you get some support, rather than posting on an mtb forum, and if it’s the second scenario, stop it now.

Don’t you come around here with your excellent, rational and decent advice. We don’t like that kind of thing here….! 😉

thepurist

“Are conspiracy theorists nuts?” Not necessarily, but recent research suggests ”Conspiracy theorists are more focused on discrediting official accounts than proposing their own”

The researchers said their results also fit with the related idea that many conspiracists share a similar worldview – “a belief system conducive to conspiracy beliefs in general.” Characterised by mistrust, this perspective is often focused on finding anomalies in official accounts and assuming they are unexplainable. “For many conspiracists, there are two worlds,” said Wood and Douglas, “one real and (mostly) unseen, the other a sinister illusion meant to cover up the truth; and the evidence against the latter is evidence for the former.”

molgrips
    Free Member

I can’t fight you with science.

There’s a lot of clever scientists on this forum. Don’t fight them, listen to them.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Um – just occurred to me.

Are you O.K. right now 1984? Do you need to call someone?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

bump

nwgiles

is he dead?

wors

But I get attacked sexually and in every which way,

Oh matron!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Seriously.

I’ve been around the results of an overheated imagination that hasn’t slept for days…

Just let us know, ’84.

Houns

To the OP

If this isn’t some sad troll (pretty scummy if it is) then please speak to someone, you can trust them, speak to your family and friends, yes they may not understand how you’re feeling but they do care for you. Get help, start by doing something yourself first, turn your computer off, get rid of your internet. Researching such rubbish is not helping you. The only thing that is brain washing you are others like you on the internet publishing such made up ‘facts’

It’ll take time but you will get better. Good luck

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Support and advice at
    Phone: 0300 5000 927

warton
    Free Member

I’ll echo a few posts on here.

if it’s a troll, well it’s elaborate, I’ll give you that.

If it’s not, you really, really need to go and get some help my friend, please do, and please let people try and help you get better. Good luck.

shermer75
    Free Member

1984ishere you have been very open, honest and articulate with us about your thoughts and we should be grateful for that. However, as the various members of the STW community who have had experience with mental illness either with themselves or with people they know would probably agree, it would appear that you could do with a bit of a helping hand right now. Please don’t see this as me judging you, you have to believe me when I say that underneath all the banter and opinionated bs there is actually a lot of good feeling and support that comes from this forum, so when people say that you should seek out a friend or a Doctor to talk to then you can be assured that try are saying it very much with best interests at heart.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Lost credibility on the whole government is responsible thing… everyone knows its extra dimensional beings

Easily verified with youtube

yunki
    Free Member

on a more positive note…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1VCf9hmePs[/video]

Viewing 29 posts - 81 through 109 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘Are conspiracy theorists nuts?’ is closed to new replies.