Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 151 total)
  • are beards now "in"?
  • RustySpanner

In the vicinity?
    How long is it?!

miketually
    Free Member

It’s not that long :)>

Mine’s a ’Ryan Gosling beard’, though it’s currently in need of a trim so I look a bit like Frankie Boyle.

metalheart
    Free Member

On the basis that the feller (full on SOA style) they are using for advertising the men’s department at my local John Lewis store I’d say it’s day is done.

I was down to see Bill Callahan at Celtic Connections, felt like a bloody beardies convention, I’ve never seen such a concentration of facial hair in a confined space before (nor chunky knitwear).

Bloody arrivistes!

mh (not knowingly cleanshaven since 1992)

jambourgie
    Free Member

Beards have ‘been in’ since about 2009. Word on the street is that beards are on their way out ➡

You heard it first on WRMX

Peace

ir_bandito
    Free Member

It’s not bloody fair. I’m 36 and can’t grow a decent beard. Bit of a ‘tache, bit on my chin and some on my cheeks. Even more annoying is what’s there is relly thick and grows fast so I still have the hassle of shaving, more so because if I don’t I look daft.
    Bloody genes 🙁

Marin
    Free Member

To change the point Mumford and Sons are utter sh#te. Folk rock by Marks and Spencer.

oldboy
    Free Member

Haven’t shaved since Jan 1st. I like the look and so does my GF, despite the grey bits! 🙂

RustySpanner

Mike.

Please tell me you posted a link to that trendy beard site just to make me angry?

Please?

mikey3
    Free Member

The rapha ad up there,looks like a cycle tramp convention

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Of course, the key question is, do you also have an artisan axe?

joolsburger
    Free Member

I had the misfortune to find myself in a nightclub in Shoreditch a couple of weeks ago ( I am old enough to know better) seemed that all the lads had beards, brouges and too much tweed/tight trousers. I’m so ancient.

tenfoot

Generally shave just once a week as I hate shaving. My wife reckons I look weird without a beard / stubble.

I don’t have much hair up top, so it’s like I have a point to prove.

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ waves at joolsburger 😀

thewanderer
    Free Member

I’ve said it before. I blame terrorists co the beard fad.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I hit 40 in January and decided it was time to play with growing a beard because I never had. I’m on my second now, and the mrs doesn’t like it. I’m threatening to do a musketeers beard. She’s not sure if I’m serious. Neither am I but it’s all good fun!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Last week I finally had enough of my wife pointing out my fore and aft bald spots areas if slightly finer hair, so I cut my hair and beard back to a number 2 all over round. That’ll teach her.

I’m not sure this has any bearing on whether beards are ‘in’ or not.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

In for sure

bigblackshed

But a man with a beard like the t-shirt will undoubtedly be single. If a man with a partner decides to grow one then he’s chosen a life celibacy.

You never hear a woman say “that Grizzly Addams bloke, I want me some of that”

seosamh77
    Free Member

I grow about 12 beards a year saves me a fortune I razors. 😆 be doing it for about 5 years now.

I’m pretty much the opposite of fashion mind you so none of this metrosexual beard trimming malarky here! 😆

I never wet/clean shave and always have stubble – currently trying a beard though and have about 1/2″ growth. My skin seems to suffer though, so don’t know how long I’ll stick it out.

Head get’s shaved once a week with no guard and closest setting.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Massive wild beard here and a head of uncut unstyled hair, im madder than a box of lunatics anyways so its a fitting look 🙂
    And a beard aint a real beard till its 3 or 4 months in at least! Anything less is just stubble 😛

matt_outandabout

Having only done the beard thing once, and having had a firm8I rejection from mrs_oab, I won’t be returning to face fungus. However, *I* liked it.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Beards are wonderful things. First grew one in the summer between the 5th and lower 6th years. Primarily to piss off a mate who was a year older and announced that here was going to be the first person in the school to ever grow one. Apart from the odd few weeks when it shrunk to a ‘tache it’s always been there for me. ZZ top had nothing on me in my early 20’s. think Duck Dynasty. I could plat it into my fringe. Sadly being 50 means that the fringe isn’t there any more and the beards rather patchy white which looks “different” to my black hair.
    Beards are good at hiding spare chins, keeping pencils on and saving bits of fried egg for later.
    they also work like Velcro fro certain other types of curly hair if you are lucky 😆

zippykona

Shave face everyday,head every week.
    Feel dirty if I don’t.

footflaps

100 Beards in 100 Days Tumblr project: http://100beards.tumblr.com

epicyclo

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Just been perving Googling for hot men with beards and they’re in short supply….

Of course not. We’re camera shy, not like those attention seeking chaps who shave so they can look like prepubescent boys.

cinnamon_girl

matt_outandabout – that looks fine ie clean and tidy with no food crumbs lurking!

footflaps – I’ve just had a word with myself for getting up to page 10 of bearded men. 😳 Jeez, there’s some scary blokes there. 😯

epicyclo – oh, didn’t realise that!

epicyclo

cinnamon_girl – Member
    …epicyclo – oh, didn’t realise that!

Yup, if we weren’t so camera shy we would be stalked by hordes of women and unfortunately, even a bearded man is incapable of keeping more than one woman happy. We’re such caring chaps that we get quite melancholy about the thought of hordes of unsatisfied ladies. 🙂

RustySpanner

epicyclo – Member

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Just been perving Googling for hot men with beards and they’re in short supply….

Of course not. We’re camera shy, not like those attention seeking chaps who shave so they can look like prepubescent boys.

Really? 😀

As an occaisional beardist, I’ve always considered facial hair to be
    the equivalent of walking around with your parts hanging out of your pants.
    Usually small parts, because we all know that beards are essentially compensation. 🙂

And the need for hipsters to bang on about things like beards and jeans?
    Here’s some news – you didn’t invent them.

Growing a beard is not a sign of virility, intelligence, intellectual prowess or rebelliousness.
    It’s a sign of narcissism & laziness:
    As is not washing your jeans.

epicyclo

Rusty Spanner – Member
    …As an occaisional beardist, I’ve always considered facial hair to be
    the equivalent of walking around with your parts hanging out of your pants.
    Usually small parts, because we all know that beards are essentially compensation…

You’ve obviously done considerable hands on research on man parts, and I’m afraid that I cannot contest your statement with contrary fact.

In my youth I also did extensive research, but unfortunately all my research was on lady’s parts, and whether things fitted satisfactorily, with happy results. So sadly I lack the data to dispute this with you.

Perhaps you could detach your awesome genitalia and send them to an anatomy lab so we can get your assertions independently and scientifically verified.

In the meantime, I feel belittled… 🙂

RustySpanner

I’m only going off personal experience, obviously.

I’m hung like a baby sweetcorn, and find a beard helps me feel like a real man, as does the huuuuge artisan chopper hangin’ from my belt.

It breaks up the monotony of my face quite nicely too. 😀

Cougar

Me, yesterday.

cinnamon_girl

Take a chill pill Rusty. 😉

RustySpanner

CG, I’m perfectly chilled, but thank you. 😀
    I do like a nice discussion though.

Whilst not meant to be entirely serious, d’ya not think there’s a grain of truth in my post?
    It’s a Freudian thing – some people post pictures of their beards on the internet, some aim a little lower. 🙂
    ‘Look at my big beard & huge chopper mummy……’

epicyclo

cinnamon_girl – Member
    Take a chill pill Rusty.

He’s quite chilled.

But too much chilling could shrink his “sweetcorn”. 🙂

cinnamon_girl

I disagree with you! I think it’s great that blokes are interested in their appearance, it’s really no different to tattoos, piercings etc.

To be honest, if I was a bloke I’d probably have some sort of beardage. Shaving every day, what a pita. Don’t know how some of you blokes do it!

Provided you’re not a hipster type then it’s really self-deprecation and what’s wrong with that?

Again, I must emphasise that it mustn’t be straggly and must be washed every day.

😀

rOcKeTdOg

Growing a beard is not a sign of virility, intelligence, intellectual prowess or rebelliousness.
    It’s a sign of narcissism & laziness:
    As is not washing your jeans.

Blimey http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/stress-anxiety-depression/Pages/controlling-anger.aspx

What are you like when there is really something to get worked up about?

epicyclo

cinnamon_girl – Member
    …Again, I must emphasise that it mustn’t be straggly and must be washed every day.

But then you lose all those interesting things to nibble on days or even weeks later…

(Ugh, I think I’ve just disgusted myself 🙂 )

RustySpanner

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    What are you like when there is really something to get worked up about?

I find it harder than usual to discuss my small penis issues. 😀
    How about you?

Come on RD, I’m poking fun at all blokes, myself most of all.

Not shaving is narcissistic & lazy – if it wasn’t, people wouldn’t do it. 😀

I’m just aout to shave off two weeks growth btw.
    I think it looks grey, distinguished and manly.
    Ms S thinks it looks scruffy 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Alright, just calm down now, go to your “quiet place”

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 151 total)

The topic ‘are beards now "in"?’ is closed to new replies.