Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • are any trans provence 2010 vets thinking of having another go 2012
  • Tess
    Free Member

Just out of interest is anyone signing up again? Just curious i veer between being a contented online observer and foolishly wanting to put myself through it all over again ….please post thoughts for and against i have been working v hard on technical aspects by the way so would hope to lose the bike push category and aim for coming last in the actual race itself!

blurltrider
    Free Member

Don’t know about 2010 but there might be some 2011 returners, space permitting 🙂 There’s always the guided holiday option!!

Schweiz
    Free Member

Tess – do it.

You’ll be far more relaxed since you won’t ever doubt that you can get through the days and you’ll be able to enjoy the trails even more.

dave360

would love to, just aint got the dosh

bol

I’ve just been reading about it in MBR. Looks great. Is it really technical, or could someone with a moderate skill level and a phobia of broken bones and major flesh wounds like me make a fist of it?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

i am planning on trying to get a space for 2012

i am going to go on my own as my mates think its mad.

Tess
    Free Member

Cheeers for advice – Schweiz it is true I will be far more relaxed if I apply for and get a 2012 place you could not have got anyone on the planet more anxious than I was first time around!

And to anyone with a major fear of serious injuries – On TP you just got to ride within capabilities and know you are a long way from help on a lot of the course if it all goes pear shaped.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Thinking of signing up for 2012. Looked at the videos seemed doable carefully. Don’t expect to race. Good event, any views or advice welcomed.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I did it this year and wont be returning next, only because I am getting married next year on the start weekend. ;o)

Technical? yes very, think of the most technical trail you know and multiply it by a factor of five and then add in about 20 times longer. to be fair there are quite a few less technical timed sections, nice flow-ride (ash’s word) but the majority of the timed stuff has some technicality.

I also totally agree, once you’ve done it once you’ll know in your head that you can do it again. It will give you more confidence you can complete a day.

If I do it again I’d take a different bike and chill a bit more on the link stages, take more pics. I’d drink more fluids and take salt tablets, wear bike shoes I can walk in without giving blisters, try not to fall off and break ribs and do a lot more climbing training. Thats quite a lot really, lol. ;o)

I wrongly expected there to be less climbing than there actually was, updulations they called them, personally i’d just call them ‘barsteward climbs’. :o)

Highlight for me was believing I was truly nailing Donkey Darko only to have Nico float past me like it was a walk in the park.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Thanks. Completed Transalps this year but it’s not that technical. Think it’s a go for me. Have the entry dead line already in diary.

Congrats on marriage

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘are any trans provence 2010 vets thinking of having another go 2012’ is closed to new replies.