Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Are ACDC worth seeing live?
  • iolo
    Free Member

They’re playing Austria 14th May and tickets are around 100 Euro each and I’d need a hotel.
    I’ve been a fan since I was 10.
    The problem is they’re not so young anymore and poor Malcolm’s no longer there.
    Will it be amazing or should I save the 500 odd Euro it will cost me with everyone going?
    There’s plenty of spare tickets from the venue.

sellisnba
    Free Member

Although the lineup has changed a bit I would still say yes.
    I watched them at wembly on the black ice tour. They were brilliant.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I hope so as I’ve got tickets for Wembley.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

For balance, no

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve been a fan since I was 10.

When I was 10 I liked Showaddywaddy. I wouldn’t go and see them live now.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Defo. But only at the right venue. Saw them at the O2 arena and the sound was great. Wembley stadium on the other hand was woeful. So have a look at some venue reviews before parting with your hard earned.

jimjam
    Free Member

Absolutely 100%. I’ve been a lifelong fan but never got to seem them until a few years ago. I was worried it’d a sad afair with a load of decrepit hasbeens shuffling around out of tune. God was I wrong…blew my socks off. They’re not the biggest and best hard rock band of all time for nothing. Amazing performance. I only managed to have a few pints of watery piss too. If I’d managed to get drunk I think I would have passed out from rocking too hard.

As for Malcom and Phil not being there it’s unfortunate, but Brian and Angus are the show, the others prenty much blend into the background.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Saw them at Hampden. Shite. Having said that, I was way up in the stand, atmosphere was a bit lacking.

Sundayjumper

AC/DC were the first proper gig I ever went to, on the Razor’s Edge tour, at Wembley Arena. They were very good.

I’d like to see them again, but I get where you’re coming from on the €500 thing. Tough call.

duckman

I will tell you in June 😈

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

I’d go, and I’m not even a massive fan of the genre, let alone them, but tbh, if you like that blues based rock, there’s not much better.

AC/DC, despite their early “image” are the kind of guitar band, that even most non rock fans can appreciate – it is just rock and roll derivative tunes notched up to 11, but tbh they lift it above the standard 3 chord 4 beat in a bar plod.

iolo
    Free Member

When I was 10 I liked Showaddywaddy. I wouldn’t go and see them live now.

Me too. I would definitely go if they played close to where I was.
    Decision made, tickets bought.

footflaps

I’d say yes

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHpClGAAvpg[/video]

pedropete

Saw them on their Back in Black tour at Hammersmith Odeon, it was Brian Johnsons debut tour with the the band I think & they were amazing. Lots of time has passed since then, I’m sure they’re still great live but the venue will be the
    difference, I reckon. Not sure how much energy Angus has left…see them while you can I reckon.

MoreCashThanDash

Great interview with Brian Johnson during the last tour – he was adamant they would stop touring the minute they thought that fans were thinking they were past it.

I’d see them in a heartbeat if I had the time/money

squirrelking
    Free Member

Saw them at Hampden. Shite. Having said that, I was way up in the stand, atmosphere was a bit lacking.

Saw them at Hampden. Awesome. Having said that, I was way down on the pitch, atmosphere was a bit better.

😆

(appreciate your point though, I’d imagine sitting through The Subways would have just been the frosted dogshit on the cake)

Northwind

I’m not really a fan, they did put on a good show and they’re damn talented but tbh every song goes on too long and they do all sound kind of similiar, I felt a bit like I’d just listened to an hour long version of back in black, it got a bit boring. I felt like you’d have to be a real fan tbh

Except Thunderstruck obviously, Thunderstruck was awesome.

walleater

I saw them in Vancouver in 2009 (I think….Black Ice tour). I thought they were still awesome even though I don’t listen to them very much any more. Angus Youg was certainly giving it everything, including rolling around the floor during what seemed like a 5 minute guitar solo.

LS
    Free Member

I’ve seen them a dozen-plus times over the last twenty years (I’m far too young for the Bon era, unfortunately), the most recent being 2010, and they’ve never been anything less than fantastic. The only significant change over the years is that the set is now shorter. 90 mins plus a couple of encores is your lot.

Losing Malcolm and now Phil is a wrench. Chris Slade is the obvious choice to replace Phil and will do a great job. No Malcolm though? Although on stage he was fairly low-key, it’s like losing Izzy from Guns n Roses – basically the end.

mt
    Free Member

Yes in 1977 when Bon Scott was still in the band. We’d not seen a guitar played via a transmitter back then.

Edit, it could have been 76 or 78, me brain can’t recall.

mudshark
    Free Member

Blow up your Video tour for me in ’88, I’d def go now but how much is worth paying?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Are ACDC worth seeing live?’ is closed to new replies.