Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ArdDales on an ebike
  • fatgit
    Free Member

Hello
    I did Ardrock last year and struggled due to lack of fitness but was somewhat surprised to see people doing it on an ebike.
    I’m due to do ArdDales in April and currently working on getting fitter but I was just wondering if my fitness is doubtful is it ok to use an ebike?
    This also means I could probably do the practice day too.
    Cheers in advance
    Steve

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

If in doubt, email them.

I’d be very surprised though if the answer was anything other than “yeah but it’s a different category”.

Also bear in mind that round that way, everything starts ‘e so you may have to point out you mean ‘e, ebike not ‘e bike

Simon

There was definitely an Ebike category at last year’s Ard Moors, no idea if you can swap between categories once you’ve entered.

Don’t know what the Ard Dales loop is like but some of the hike-a-bike transitions at Ard Moors looked **** horrendous for the Ebikers!

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Is Ard dales Definately on? I’ve not seen anything on it, I guess some news will be coming out any time as it’s 11 weeks on Saturday..

They were meant to be releasing additional tickets last year but that didn’t seem to happen and ardmoors tickets never released either

jaylittle
    Free Member

There was only 1 category at Ard Rock that accepted ebikes and that was the intro. If Ard Dales runs I can’t imagine it will have many categories. Not much info out there about it is there….

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

event cancelled, email received this afternoon, tickets to be refunded £75 per ticket in the next week from gigantic.

10 feb 2022
    Dear Riders,

Due to reasons out of our control, we cannot run this year’s Nidderdale (Ard Dales) event, which was planned to take place 23-24th April 2022. Recent storms have caused serious damage to much of the private woodland that the amazing stages and transitions pass through. We had hoped to go ahead, but these areas are too unsafe to use until extensive work is carried out to rectify the damage. We’re as disappointed as you are.

At this time, we’re unable to confirm a date for next year, so all entered riders will receive an automatic refund from our ticketing partner gigantic. The lead booker should expect to see the refund within 7 working days. The process may take slightly longer if you have changed bank cards. Please direct any questions to customerservices@gigantic.com

Please rest assured our other events are not affected by the same situation and will go ahead as planned.

In addition to the automatic refund, we would like to offer entered riders the opportunity to pre-enter Ard Moors (10-11 September) before public entries go live. A small silver lining.

Please fill in the following form if you would like a pre-entry to Ard Moors, in addition to your refund. Ard Moors Pre Entry form link

We want to thank you for your commitment in entering. We will be continuing our work towards hosting the event in 2023, and hope to see you there. Additionally, thanks to the Nidderdale agricultural society, the landowners and the Pateley town council for their support.

We look forward to seeing you soon, and we appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

The Ard Dales team.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ArdDales on an ebike’ is closed to new replies.