Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Ard rock 2023
  • marksnook
    Free Member

So it’s only a few weeks away. Who’s going?
    I plan to head up on the Thursday ready for practice Friday, race Saturday. Fairly convinced I’m gonna ride hardtail (ardtail?! 😂)

I’m fairly fit but never raced that many stages on hardtail before. Think I might get beaten up a bit. It’s the main bike I’ve been riding though so makes sense

Have a spare ticket for the Saturday enduro. Can’t believe none of my mates want it! So if anyone does know of anyone let me know!

andybrad

Got a ticket for the Sunday. currently 50/50 if i can make it. not ridden my bike in the last 6 months.

fathomer

Heading up Friday for practice then doing the full Enduro Saturday with a mate and the Intro on the Sunday with the wife. Looking forward to it, hopefully the weather will be kind 🤞

jimmy

Have 2 tickets for Friday if anyone’s looking! Holidays got in the way.

Garry_Lager

Interested in a ticket @jimmy – will message you. We talking Ard Rock epic 21 July?

jimmy748

Heading up Thursday, B&B in Reeth, Friday, Practice, Saturday Race followed by drinking, Sunday drive home with a ride stop in the Peaks.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

riding the saturday for a change, be nice to drink on the saturday night as opposed an early bed and little sleep due to the rainy downpours of the last few years, ready for sunday morning..

what stages tend to be open for practise saturday, how does it work with the friday riders as they ride the full course these days

tops5
    Free Member

Had to settle for Sunday tickets this year so will have to take it easy on Saturday night!

jimmy748

Friday
    0900-1150 Practice registration for Enduro class riders**
    1000-1130 Registration for Epic riders*
    1030-1200 Epic Riders start at intervals
    0930-1230 Stages 6 and 7 open for Enduro riders**
    1200-1300 Practice registration for Sprint class riders*
    1300-1630 Stages 1 and 2 open for Enduro and Sprint riders**

Saturday

0715 – 1110 Registration for Enduro riders*
    0730 – 0815 Registration for Bosch eMTB Challange riders
    0745 – 1140 Enduro riders set off in waves (last rider expected back at 1730)
    0800 – 0845 Bosch eMTB Challange riders start in waves
    1115 – 1300 Registration for Sprint riders*
    1145 – 1330 Sprint riders set off (last rider expected back at 1730)

Sunday

0715 – 1055 Registration for Sport event riders*
    0715 – 0820 Registration for Intro riders*
    0745 – 1125 Sport riders set off in waves (last rider expected back at 1730)
    0745 – 0850 Intro riders set off in waves (last rider expected back at 1430)

*Register 30 minutes before your start time. Make sure you know your number.

**Enduro and Sprint riders must collect number boards from registration before entering the course and register at their pre-allocated time slot.

v7fmp

when you said a few weeks away… i panicked… then realised its 8 weeks away, so hadn’t got my dates muddled.

Doing the Enduro on Saturday, like last year. Will drive up on Friday. If i make practice, then great, if i dont, no dramas, i enjoy riding blind (its an excuse to be mid pack 🙂 )

Should be a good crack. Hopefully the weather is good.

Got the Ard Moors and a week in Morzine to contend with first!

hardtailonly

Yeah, going with a group of mates. TBH, I’m a bit scared. Have done the Boltby Bash twice now, how does Ard Rock compare in terms of tech, steepness, rockiness etc? And how does it hold up if wet?

richardkennerley

In for the Sunday again, 6th one now I think. Arrive sat for a few practice runs and some gyros hopefully, ride Sunday followed by some more gyros, then gunnerside gill on Monday before heading home.

Got the YHA booked, was hoping wife and daughter would be able to come, but because they’ve brought it forward a few weekends, my daughter is still at school so it’s a bit impractical for them to come. Happy either way though, I’m away with the little one in a caravan all week next week so a couple of days by myself is a small ask!!

Gribs

Have done the Boltby Bash twice now, how does Ard Rock compare in terms of tech, steepness, rockiness etc? And how does it hold up if wet?

From a techy point of view it’s at a similar level but some of the stages are much longer and it’s generally rockier. The transitions are much longer and harder work. I rode last year on the Friday after a down pour and it was slippy at the bottom of stage 2 but everywhere else was fine. There was a lot more rain on the Friday night and from spectating it got worse in the wooded sections and by Sunday the ride along the valley from the end of stage 2 looked a horrendous slog.

rsl1
    Free Member

Arrive sat for a few practice runs

I got the impression last year that quite a few of my fellow sport competitors had managed to pre-ride the trails – do the marshals not block you from access if you don’t have a number board? I’d love to get some extra runs in just to make the value for money work out a bit more…

scuttler

Officially no one gets to practice except Saturday riders who can practice S6/7/1/2 on Friday. Unofficially no idea but never heard of anyone doing it.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

@hardtail only, its a longer day, water end S3 and upto S5/ (or possibly) upto S6 (very close)

i’d recommened tyre foam inserts, Rimpact (currently £40 for pro/orig v1 inserts) et al..

boltby has steep chutes, s3 has similiar but with more rocks

mandog

I’m in. First timer. Done Boltby twice as a mid packer.

scuttler

Riding at Boltby more ‘energetic’. Ard Rock harder and stages longer so overall more knackering but plenty of bits at AR where you just get to hang on for 10 seconds rather than pedal-brake-steer.

eatmorepizza
    Free Member

Anyone know where the festival event village is going to be held?

dan30237

Sorry for blatant ad, but I am selling 1 x full Enduro ticket (Saturday), I can’t go due to a military deployment.

Face value of £95 plus transfer fee. Please message me if you’re interested.

Dan

mandog

Are we allowed to use off the ground style coal BBQ’s?

I’ve raised a ticket with the organisers and await a response.

The FAQ says “no solid fuel BBQ’s” so I’m guessing it’s a no.

richardkennerley

I got the impression last year that quite a few of my fellow sport competitors had managed to pre-ride the trails – do the marshals not block you from access if you don’t have a number board? I’d love to get some extra runs in just to make the value for money work out a bit more…

@rsl1
    yeah, no practicing the actual stages for the Sunday I’m afraid. But last year there were three descents they’d set up for “practice” and/or the demo days. You’re free to ride those as many times as you like.

I do wonder if on the day, you could ride back up to the start of some of the stages and do then6 again though if you could be bothered. Particularly stage 6 which is loads of flowy fun.

bleakdouglas
    Free Member

Two tickets for Saturday including camping now available as holiday plans changed 🙁
    Will sell for £85 each.
    Message me if interested.
    Still never made this (mostly clashing with kids holidays) although I have been on Ard Moors a few times.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.