Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 'Ard Moors – share your experience please
  • joemmo
    Free Member

Quite like the look of this and it’s not too far away. Anyone ridden it? Super hardcore or suitable for averagely competent 40+ rider?

tom.nash

A stunning big tour of a beautiful area; the stages are not technically too difficult but can be open and very fast! It is a big day on the moors though so you need to pack accordingly, especially if the weather is not so nice as it’s pretty exposed. A well run event.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Doing it for the first time this year so will keep an eye on this thread. Done the last two ard rocks.

russyh
    Free Member

Forgot we had entered this, what with the upcoming ard rock….interested in thoughts also!

beano68
    Free Member

Nice hill climb to the finish but S5 is a total hoon ! 😉

andytheadequate
    Free Member

Agree with the above. Great day out, trails are fast and fun, but not massively technical.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Great day out. Obviously far smaller than ard rock as first year last year. Not done ard rock for a while, but to my memory ard Moors felt harder work – that could of been the hot day or the hangover although doing the b’stard climb up the road to lord stones twice doesn’t help. Less technical & rocky than ard rock. Stages 1, 2 & 5 are great fun, 3 & 4 felt a little like fillers. Well worth doing and if I as a overweight, hungover middle aged man can get round in time, anyone can. The course or the campsite (no shelter) wouldn’t be a great deal of fun in bad weather though

joemmo
    Free Member

Thanks folks, sounds pretty good so I may give it a shot. Only places left are for the 4 stage ‘sprint’ event but that ought to be fine.

Kamakazie

Entered this with 2 mates, never done Ard Rock though.
    Looking forward to it but based on comments above, really hoping for decent weather.

joemmo
    Free Member

alright, I’ve gone and entered the 4 stage event. I hold you all entirely responsible for my impending failure. Just need to try and rope some mates in now.

@kamikazie – yes, its pretty exposed up on the tops there, not much cover to speak of so fingers crossed for decent conditions. Worst comes to the worst, you can try and shelter behind a sheep or lie prone in a ditch.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘'Ard Moors – share your experience please’ is closed to new replies.