Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Architects/ Technicians – UK (Scottish) Standard Building Details Sources
  • andykirk
    Free Member

Hello All
    I am an architect who has worked overseas for a considerable time. I am back in Scotland now, working freelance and have a few jobs on the board.
    What I am trying to find is a resource for typical UK domestic/ commercial/ industrial building technical details – can anyone direct me to any useful books/ websites?
    Thanks for any help.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Roy Chudley is your author for this.

Everyone I know in the industry was required to buy a Chudley for college / uni.

I still have an ancient one somewhere.

redmex
    Free Member

I think you may find even the smallest extension will be needing an engineer involved and they will overrule any technical detail you put in and shoot the cost out the roof. Not all engineers but one or two i have to work with

andykirk
    Free Member

Perchy – thanks I will have a look at him.

Redmex – I can’t ever recall having a technical detail overruled by an engineer. It’s usually the job of the architect to incorporate the engineer’s requirements into a construction detail.

harvey1
    Free Member

I’ve gone back to University studying Architectural Technology and consequently bought a fair number of books, both digital and physical. One of the best resources I’ve used is a website, First in Architecture. The digital books have a vast array of details that come as PDF’s or DWG, which covers both residential and commercial.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Architects/ Technicians – UK (Scottish) Standard Building Details Sources’ is closed to new replies.