Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Arch or Flow
  • patriotpro

Upgrading wheelset. Hope Hubs are decided upon as are Stans for the rim. Am undecided on Arch or Flow (MK3) though.

Running 2.35 Magic Mary up front (so proper 2.35) and similar at the back. Pressures 30psi and between 20-25 respectively.

Main concern is tyre stability at the front as running tubeless.

Anyone have experience of both, preferences? pros cons?

Am leaning towards Arch as aim of change is to drop weight…

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Have each on my 29ers and prefer the Flows, Mary 2.35 on the front sits nice n fat. Hutchinson Taipans on the Archs and just narrows them a bit. I think Flows (MKIII?) are a bit wider again aren’t they. This from the website:

Reckon Archs mk3 would be fine.

patriotpro

Yeh Arch MK3 so MM slap bang in the middle at 26mm.

What width is your ‘Flow’?

Premier Icon Akers
    Subscriber

Flows are 26mm internal width I believe. I run Schwalbe 2.35″ tubeless on DT XM421 rims (25mm internal), at very similar pressures, if not a tad lower. I’ve had no problems with stability or burping.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

The old Flow was 22.6mm according to the website. Which is over 3mm narrower than the current Arch 🙂 [edit] I think mine are the 25.5mm Flows (still narrower than Arch mk3)

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

Sorry to hijack, I’ve been looking for some new rims for a little while… seems I’ve got 6 dings in my rear rim alone… a might more pressure I think.

Anyway – currently I’ve got Mavic EN423 rims (27.5) if I don’t change the hubs but switch to the Flows, do I need new spokes? They’re only a year old.

patriotpro

Arch & Flow (both MK3) are 26mm & 29mm internal.

Current rims are 29mm and not sure if they square off the tyre a bit…

Arch are sounding spot more and more…

I was facing the same choice but went for the Arch over flow, mainly down to weight and that they’d still be perfectly fine with a 2.5″ tyre

patriotpro

No regrets Alpine?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Arch or Flow’ is closed to new replies.