Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Arc 24 rims any good ?
  • dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Hi lads

mate Arc 24 runs any good ?  I’m currently using the Mavic 319 that come with my bike and have a chance at some wheels with hope hubs and Arc 24 rims.   Will they be any better than the standar Mavics?

Cheers

NewRetroTom

My current bike came with these. I found they dented really easily. After my first proper ride the rear one had a few decent sized dents. I had to stop using it after a while as it wouldn’t keep a good seal with tubeless due to all the dents. I do run pretty low pressures and ride rocky trails. Haven’t had the same problems with other rims though.

submarined
    Free Member

I have some ARC30s. Look ace , light, and are laterally stiff, but I’ve never made a rim look as abused as these! loads of dents all over, and now a right bugger to seat tyres on the rear because of this. I’ve relegated them to the bike that gets an easier life.

NB: I do run lowish pressures but I’m a 61kg rider. My current Flows have been used in exactly the same way and are fine so far.

dazzzzbo
    Free Member

Cheers lads.

I think I’ll give them a miss and save for something stronger.

Cheers

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Well I’ve got the Arc 30’s and have been pretty pleased with them since I’ve had them. I’m a heavy chap and a clumsy rider so crashing over stuff alot with little finesse and ride pretty bruising trails in the Peaks, so they’ve not had an easy ride and have held up fine. A very slight out of true on the rear and I’ve had to tighten a few spokes up a few times, but can’t really complain about them. I do run higher pressures though…about 30psi in the rear, less on the front, but the front gets an easier time than the rear.

jaketurbo
    Free Member

Depends on how you ride. I can’t get away with much less than a DH rim or sturdy carbon rims – on some Santa Cruz reserve 30’s that seem to be holding up.

Before that I destroyed some Stan’s flows, some Mavic deemax, hope enduros, 35ws etc.

Whereas my mates have kept Stan’s arch rims running nicely for years!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Arc 24 rims any good ?’ is closed to new replies.