Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Aps for weight training / stretching
  • DT78
    Free Member

Is there a simple app out there, where you can signup for a programme and basically it tells you what exercise / reps you should be doing?

I find I’m just moving mindless around the static machines, something better than nothing, but now getting a little bored / want to be more targeted.

I don’t want to fork out lots of money on a PT, and I have a rubbish memory so whilst I could pull something together I’d probably forget it.

Any apps that do this? Ideally not another subscription model, just a cheap one off payment (or free)

tmb467
    Free Member

Have a look at JeFit

I downloaded it ages ago to do the same thing you’re looking at but never got round to following it

Let me know if it works too cos I might go back to it 🙂

MSP

5×5 stronglifts. It is a basic weight lifting program, the motivation is constant improvement rather than exercise confusion principle. It will teach you more about the principles of progressive load increase more than most.
    Other apps seem to expect you to enter the workout program into them.

I find that compound weight lifting movements, and making sure I do the warmup sets covers most of the stretching I need, with a little bit of use of the foam roller and/or solid ball when I feel tightness. Reading supple leopard or a couple months subscription to mobiltywod to learn the principles is better than a stretching routine IMO.

isitafox
    Free Member

Sack the weights and go with something like Madbarz, Thenics or Calisthenics (depending on what type of phone you have)

linusr

Similar to Stronglifts (posted above) – Learn the core barbell exercises with Starting Strength: Squat, Deadlift, Press, Bench and Power Clean. https://www.shabu.co/ It’s the training programme I use, but I haven’t used the app.

zerocool

Down dog is a free yoga app.
    For training routines look at Streetparking.com. They do a really good training program and it’s not very expensive. Also have a great online community for support and motivation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Aps for weight training / stretching’ is closed to new replies.