Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • AppleTV gurus – ITunes currently not available.Please try later
  • stewartc
    Free Member

As above, everytime I try to play any media content I have paid for whether films, TV or music I get a blank screen and the above message.
    I can see my media, I can even play the related trailers or extras but when I try to play the main content I get this.
    I have restarted, reset, recycled the power and checked the software version is up to date but still nothing, can anyone help as its been like this for days (Apple are useless at support)?

allthegear
    Free Member

(Apple are useless at support)?

and yet, somehow, they get voted the best vendor support every year…

There are a couple of things to try:

1. check that something as simple as the Apple Trailers play. This will check you have at least got a good internet connection;
    2. logout of and back into the Apple account on the Apple TV.

Rachel

stewartc
    Free Member

Possibly need to get into a shop to experience that support but just busy duringbthe day, going through the web option.
    As above , trailers play and I have logged in and out but still no joy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brassneck

Got any ports blocked on your home router? Seems odd you can browse but not play ..

StuE
    Free Member

Just tried it on mine and getting the same thing

CaptJon
    Free Member

Sometimes turning off and on again works.

stewartc
    Free Member

Running a very basic setup on my router, just the usual WEP security, no MAC filtering or port blocking.
    Carried out an software update a couple of weeks ago without any issues.

I cant find my on/off switch CaptJon, is it located at the back of my neck or under one of my arms?

jamj1974

I had the same thing too.

Dark-Side

Me too. What worked for me last night was finding the program I wanted to watch again via iTunes, not the purchased tab and going through the motions as if I was purchasing it again, the program started immediately.

stewartc
    Free Member

Looks like by signing out, restarting and then signing back in resolved it.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I think its something to do with the recent roll out of an update to IOS. I had the same issue, but wen to my iPad and tried to get into iTunes and it needed me to confirm my Apple ID. Once I did that all was fine again.

ampthill

The only thing to add is try a firmware update

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘AppleTV gurus – ITunes currently not available.Please try later’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts