Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Apple watch – why the ring blistering funk does the OH want one?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I had a look at one today, it’s too small (even the big one) I’d need to wear my glasses all the bloody time.

Forget it.

Phones perfect as is without one.

i do see the point of them though, and actually glad apple made one. Must cut a lot of duplication out of your day looking at two devices.

Bad enough carrying a work phone and my private phone around as is.

wallop

I love mine, and it’s fair to say I’ve lost a bit of weight since I got it (rings, calories, etc).

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Well there are benefits to having a device strapped to your wrist at all times. You can monitor your activity through the day, monitor your sleep, help you manage your diet, when I get in the car it knows I’m in the car and tells me what the traffic situation is for my drive home….which has prevented me from joining a traffic jam many times and helped the environment as I’ve taken a clear way home, avoided stop start traffic or complete jams and polluted less, the latest apps can even warn you if you have certain markers or tell tale signs of certain medical issues, if you’re old and infirm they can tell if you’ve fallen and automatically call the emergency services and a whole lot more. So comparisons to normal watches are utterly irrelevant. If you’re happy with your phone then fair enough, but the watch is not like an additional device you have to manage…it works from your phone so you’d either use your watch to do something instead of your phone. My phone spends more time in its bag these days and I no longer feel naked if I’m not carrying it around…well as long as I stay within blue tooth range of it of course – unless you have a Series 4 of course.

As for getting mugged for wearing one…actually you are more likely to get mugged for wearing a cheap Casio….there is no point in stealing someone else Apple Watch…its worthless to anyone else as nobody else could use one, there is no market for stolen Apple Watches. But Casio watches are retro, niche and back in fashion and desirable, so does have some value to someone who is desperate enough.

Its one of those things you don’t need, but if you have one you’d be surprised at how much you do use it.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Apple watch – why the ring blistering funk does the OH want one?’ is closed to new replies.