Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Apple Watch – Alternatives?
  • benz
    Free Member

Mrs B has had an Apple watch for a few years now. The face decided to fall out. A local repairer of such things carefully glued it back in. Apparently this issue is not uncommon with these watches – due to battery expansion or some such thing. It has popped out again after 6 weeks.

Mrs B would like another smartwatch, but has also moved away from Apple products – mobile and tablet are not Apple now.

So…any recommendations here for alternatives to Apple? It would need to be a bit feminine rather than a big macho f-off type watch.

Thanks.

big_scot_nanny

I’m sure there is a there is a repair/replace for this issue, as its a known fault. Might be worth contacting apple. Doesn’t help you with a new watch, but at least you should be able to get this one fixed/replaced for free.

jimdubleyou

Fitbit? I think a couple of folk Mrs Dubs know have got the Versa.

CraigW
    Free Member

What sort of ‘smart’ features do you need?
    Most Garmin watches can do some smart stuff, ie notifications from your phone. Plus all of the GPS/sport/fitness features. The Forerunner 45S is pretty slim. Or Vivoactive 4S has touchscreen, maybe better for some smart things.

Sandwich

There’s repair programmed for watch II due to bad batteries. Go to the Apple support page and look for the recall notice and check your serial number online.

fossy

Samsung Galaxy watches – my wife has a rose gold one – looks much more like a watch than most. Even the face mimics a real analogue watch (if wanted).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Apple Watch – Alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.